Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:08:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know before the Dump?  (Read 1949 times)
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:40:39 AM

no one can know when the price is dump or pump because it's about all the things that are happening in the market and how people act about this. and if the people make fast buy then maybe the price will pump but if they doing fast selling then the price will dump. but this is not a sign because sometimes the price is running in any of price because of people did in the market. so we only could do analyze the price and place the order buy and sell if we want to follow the price otherwise, we can only watch the price is up and down.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peter.from.penn

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:26:25 AM

I have been investing in cryptocurrency for 5 months . I am buying some icos and holding coins. I started with 5000 usd. And sometimes my balance went up to 30k and down to 12k . I feel very uncomfortable when my balance is dropped.
So i want to know is there any strategy to protect your balance before the dump?
Anyone can help please.
Thank you so much.

I'm sorry to tell you but there's no way to know when the dump are going to occur. I don't know if there's some sort of insider trading in crypto, because that's the only way someone will learn ahead of  time when the dumping will happen. But there are what you call pump-and-dump group, these are group of individuals who practice pumping a certain coin and then they will tell their members that they are going to dump it. That's the closest that you can get. However, I wouldn't advise you to join such group though, because most of the premium members have already cash out in advance and what's left are profits that members will have to share amongst themselves. Yes, I understand you, I also feel uncomfortable that's why I continue to monitor the price and exit on time before another dump happens.

I agree.  There's absolutely no way to know for certain when a dump is about to occur.  Unless you are holding long-term, it might be wise to take some profits into BTC or ETH when your ALTS make extraordinary growth.  And as for pump-and-dump groups, stay away.  One of the most notorious pump-and-dumps happened in July with ChainCoin. 
yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:27:50 AM

I have been investing in cryptocurrency for 5 months . I am buying some icos and holding coins. I started with 5000 usd. And sometimes my balance went up to 30k and down to 12k . I feel very uncomfortable when my balance is dropped.
So i want to know is there any strategy to protect your balance before the dump?
Anyone can help please.
Thank you so much.

No one can protect balance but if you want minimalism risk I suggest use stop loss. Market is mystery and no one can predict low and high point, we all learn from experience. The other way to minimalism risk is by use money management, meaning don't replace all your money in one coin and always have back up fund from the main balance. Keep learning and see you next time.

L A R A

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:34:50 AM

the price of a coin / token is always influenced by the news circulating, if there is good news the price of a coin / token will go up, and vice versa if there is bad news the price of a coin / token will come down
so in conclusion, you have to sell the tokens / coins you hold if there is bad news, because the token price / coin will drop Wink
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:51:57 AM

Anyone can help please.
Thank you so much.
you ok?if we does do you think we will have some losses?no one knows everything even dumping or pumping,the volatility of cryptocurrency is the main reason why this kind of things are being denied for us.i wish someday we can find ways to have access in such,so we can manage losses and winnings.

Well, knowing the price before dumping is a very hard to predict because we are not making the whole stock market analysing and accessing the flow of supply and demand.
The only thing is make a research about your coin and the good news that really affect the whole digital economy.

It is a common myth or observation that bitcoin falls down during the vacations or holidays and if you ask me, it is true. At weekends or in official holidays, bitcoin decreases and this is what happened last Christmas. Before the occasion, it was shooting up but started to slow down after 25th December. Not only this, but once there is a slight decrease in the price for two to three days, it is an indication of upcoming dump. The best for trading is this one.
Jaya912

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:05:58 AM

There is no perfect technical analysis to predict the upcoming dump. The only best solution is to put a stop-losses order on a strong significant supports. If a coin breaks their support level, its tend to do dip lower.

this kind of technical analysis is used in forex trading and its very accurate so maybe its good to use it in crypto trading.
if you sell it in strong support and they break the support, mena you can buy back back again in lower price.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:04:55 AM

The only thing you can do to protect yourself from loss is that after investing, have fixed profit percentage after which you will sell that coin when the coin pumps to a particular value. And if you're investing for a long term then you must consider the tops cryptos like bitcoin an ethereum. Because all these new coins which have their ICOs are not as promising as the others whih are already in the market. Risk factor is high in ICOs.
You cannot predict either pump or dump no matter how much time you spend in learning the things but you need to have a solid plan in your mind which can then help you in handling the situation in a better way based on the ongoing situation. In case, the market is falling down go for holding of all the coins who previously bought and try to buy more number of coins as well in order to have greater profit.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:16:38 AM

We can't predict the price of bitcoin because it is too volatile so it is impossible to know when it will bump and dump so better to invest on the coin when it is low and wait for the bump but don't expect all the coins to bump so do your own research before investing on cryotocurrency.
myworkstrade

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:43:07 PM

Check the volume trades, if its pump and dump then check the charts ysed minute chart to check the dump use trail stop for this and avoid any greedy moves if you habe profit take it asap no more holding. And market is really so quick if market pump and dump this is usually if someone has tweets a good news for this coin or a well known personality that post this coin then anyone expect it to pump and dump so beware of this. Good luck

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]    [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]    [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM             ANN THREAD

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 02:39:41 PM

As far as I know, there is no way to identify the dump especially when it comes to the currency like Bitcoin having a global presence. However, in some cases you can predict the possibilities of the dump. For example: in the last quarter of the last year the the price was at its best and there was no reason for such massive rally so it was clear that there was a sudden inflow of money (by institutional investors and big whales for speculation purpose).

this is a signal of playing with maximum caution because the price is likely to fall as soon as these big whales decide to exit the from the game.
xerophore

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:41:14 PM

Difficult to know the conditions that will occur. Sometimes speculation outside is different from what happens in the market. I'm just consistent on the profit targets I've set each week.
Mobshady24

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:49:48 PM

Well being there's no impossible in crypto makes it a lot riskier compared to other kinds of investment because i think there is not much an indication of great correction but in terms of dumping price you should learn how to read charts but you can't rely on it that much because in reality there's no speculation that could give you an accurate results in the future because of the volatility of cryptocurrency.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
kyori

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:50:14 PM

If the coin is over bought there could be a dump happening in the next hours or days. If graph stays at green for a long time then it was just pumped by a group of people and will dump after the massive pump

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
avithohol

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:16:39 PM

Usually before the dump, there will be a huge bad news for Bitcoin, like some goverments ban Bitcoin or a "famous" person said Bitcoin as a scam or there is some money laundrying case involve to Bitcoin.
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:43:19 PM

Well being there's no impossible in crypto makes it a lot riskier compared to other kinds of investment because i think there is not much an indication of great correction but in terms of dumping price you should learn how to read charts but you can't rely on it that much because in reality there's no speculation that could give you an accurate results in the future because of the volatility of cryptocurrency.
If every traders knew how to read graphs or even know how to assumed that price indicator they will not get easily panicked on FUDS as well on any issues, instances like they missed some pump or dump on that specific coin since it's really hard to monitors it every time, We will just need not to get panicked easily when there are FUDS circulating since their graphs shows that it may still increase at this point or so on.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:22:21 PM

Suck it up. Cryprocurrency is a very volatile market, so always expect those kinds of violent price swings; we don't expect prices to go up forever. If you're expecting a crash, sell your crypto for fiat. That way, you don't lose value out of your investments, and you can buy back at a lower price.
Exactly, but if he really wants to play with the swings, then he should better know what is he doing, so he does not end up even losing the more.

Nevertheless, most especially for altcoins, I have always noticed, there is usually this huge period for them when they just increase hugely in price and for someone who is smart just like you have said, to be able to hold more position when it goes down, just sell and buy back lower. I would not really consider that without at least learning how to do some trend following.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:50:48 PM

Usually before the dump, there will be a huge bad news for Bitcoin, like some goverments ban Bitcoin or a "famous" person said Bitcoin as a scam or there is some money laundrying case involve to Bitcoin.
It also depends on the market cycle. During the bull market these type of FUDS won't turn the market down. There might be a small dip and it moves on its own. But in the bear market, market will further crash for any small FUDs also.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Gustafio

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:57:33 PM

There are some old and simple rules for trades and stock market. So if any stock rise up so fast like bitcoin last year, its normal that it will come a correction and the price will fall. Last year everybody who has experience in financial, told this. The bullrun of bitcoin was to extreme and they know it that it cant hold this value at twenty thousand. So sometimes its good to listen to some people who have some experience at the financial area.

A lot of times it it hard to know when the coin is going to dump, especially if you are not a expert trader. Therefore i would always recommend to set a stop-loss to limit your loss.
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:18:59 PM

Lol,if all of us know where the dump will happen do you think someone will cry because of loss?what kind of smoke have you taken asking this trash..if you dont have something valuable to put in this forum better stop post in something like this because youre not helping

muncuss

Activity: 634

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:54:52 PM

i don't know when random pump can start to happen, but at least i know bad news, ICO and/or bounty distribution or pump can cause dump later
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: