Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:29:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam  (Read 4209 times)
pinky

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:58:13 PM

In fact it is impossible to spot scam ICO before they do something wrong against community and investors. Before investing everyone should his/her homework with checking team behind project and checking whitepaper.

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 773

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:08:10 PM

I was surprised by the high number, but I suppose that it's true. I mostly just stick to ICOs that are curated by sites like ICOdrops, so I usually avoid the scams.

I'm also very surprised. But I don't believe that this figure is true. It seems to me that there are a lot of good and strong projects among ICOs. In most cases, developers fulfill their responsibilities and pay investors the promised coins. I have a very positive experience of participating in ICOs. But perhaps I don't have much experience yet.
You are way still young to this field brother.If you havent experience not being scammed then its good for you but i do agree on the things being mentioned here about percentage of ICO failures and scam into this ecosystem.Its not actually a responsibility on fulfilling or paying up investors into their tokens yet this is a normal thing since they do make investment.They do definitely give tokens but doesnt guaranteed that it would succeed ahead.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
sucix

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:20:06 PM

High gain means high risk. We have to invest in what we will not regret.

It seems like the slogan, invest how much you can afford to lose.
This sentence help me out when i try to put more in this investment but finally i dont.

VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:33:40 PM

Currently, the trend of ICO investment is developing so it makes a lot of individuals and organizations deliberately create fraudulent ICO projects to take over the assets of investors. So be careful when investing in ICO at this time, always analyze the project thoroughly before deciding to invest. Being careful is always a good thing in this market and it is even more important to invest in ICOs because each project you have to follow for a long time and certainly you do not want to encounter a fraudulent project.

Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:50:03 PM

Never invest into a project without a working prototype. All those scams are big on words and nothing else.

Choose and invest in ICOs what already have a working product and you will be fine. Just check my signature.

████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:19:56 PM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

The fact that investors invest in ICOs is because they have researched ICOs. The psychology of investors is to spend some money on the ICO and then when it indexes on the exchange floor, expect to sell to earn more money than the amount paid to buy the ICO Token, but they are less interested in the potential of the project in the next 3-4 years.

elewton

Activity: 407
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:11:35 AM

actually, there are many scams in the market now. But I think there are also many reasons when the investors invest in them. The first, they will buy tokens with cheap price and get the bonus. the second, some investors can get dividends after ICO succeeds which the normal investors cant receive.

Nikobitkoint54097

Activity: 182

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:21:57 AM

The risk is noble!Sometimes you need to take risks and invest in projects that,in your opinion,look promising and have a future!It is necessary to study the ICO documentation in detail!

Lm2e4

Activity: 248

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:48:43 AM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
honestly I do not agree with your statement. if 90% Ico is a scam, I'm sure Ico will not survive until now. do you think investors are stupid, because they are investing in Ico? of course not, investors are very smart and they always do research and discussion to get the best Ico.

I agree to this, investors would always make research about the best ICO but the problem is sometimes they/we are unfortunate enough to become a participant of few successful ICO's. And though some projects don't have real, actual, working projects/protoype doesn't always means it's a scam. Everything starts from nothing, and everything have risk, investors are just brave enough to stand on it! Why? because they want to become successful.
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:13:08 AM

I totally disagree with you on this statement. Can you provide us some documents to back your argument?

I joined about 20 ICOs and none was scam, spend some time on research before joining the ICO.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
francedeni

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:18:30 AM

The risk is noble!Sometimes you need to take risks and invest in projects that,in your opinion,look promising and have a future!It is necessary to study the ICO documentation in detail!
Somehow has a good points, because some Ico's are scam. Their is a risks in all investment as this is why we need to go on over searching a good ones, legit and can develop their project. We should really be observant on the Ico before we invest.
airflame2

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:09:01 AM

Most of the scams are pretty obvious. There is just too many people that waste their money without an in-depth analysis. This is not only for crypto market, in anything about money people are looking for a way to scam people and everywhere there are just too many dumb people. Regulating ICO's would only push the scammers to another area. Somehow the public should be taught.

Stolen account Airflame acocunt have been stolen look out !

More info here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2347562.msg23913134#msg23913134
holigans

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:23:07 AM

I think not, the ICO is currently much was really produce a real and true result. I read on many topics on this forum almost everything was pleased with the results of the ICO brings about.
zokilnmet

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:53:05 AM

90% ? Really? I think it's merely an exaggeration. Do you have any facts? Statistics? As for me the most part of ICO's are not scam.
Hatat

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:27:09 AM

In fact it is impossible to spot scam ICO before they do something wrong against community and investors. Before investing everyone should his/her homework with checking team behind project and checking whitepaper.

It is quite easy to spot a scam if it does not have any good white paper or capable people to implement the white paper.
Zakhal

Activity: 280

I love crypto

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:29:35 AM

The scams are getting better. Best ones have all from fake linked profile to bs white papers and websites.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:36:03 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 08:26:44 AM by Question123

You can prevent ICO who are scam by making a research because if you do that, you can know if the ICO are possible become successful in the future or it will possible to become scam. But they have ICO are who are trusted there's only some because they make a research about the project they invested.  But be careful even they have chances to become successful they have possibility to fail.

Nikobitkoint54097

Activity: 182

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:59:50 AM

Somehow has a good points, because some Ico's are scam. Their is a risks in all investment as this is why we need to go on over searching a good ones, legit and can develop their project. We should really be observant on the Ico before we invest.
I completely agree!It's very difficult to find decent projects yourself!So you need to browse the reviews! Well,I now began to invest money in trust management!The guys are looking for a prospective ICO for not a big percentage!

dragoncoin.leader

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 06:26:52 AM

I completely agree!It's very difficult to find decent projects yourself!So you need to browse the reviews! Well,I now began to invest money in trust management!The guys are looking for a prospective ICO for not a big percentage!

DAICO is the first, now!
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:25:34 AM

Yes a lot of ICO's are scam, but there are a lot of good ones too. Bottomline is always identify projects with known use case for their projects and invest in those. That way you know a project is solving one problem not some vague solution to some vague problem.
We need to do our due diligence before investing in any coin so we do not get scammed, this is just common sense but it is something that is not as common as we may think, if I'm going to invest in a project there are several things I wan to see and that is the profiles of the developers, the whitepaper, the idea, how likely is for the idea to come true and even more important to see if the devs have any previous experience or if they already have something to show for before asking millions of dollars in funding.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: