Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:01:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam  (Read 4213 times)
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:58:37 PM

The information that 90 percent of the ICO campaigns conducted are fraudulent is greatly exaggerated. Of the 902 ICO campaigns conducted last year, only about 46 percent turned out to be fraudulent or simply ill-prepared and did not raise sufficient funds. In general, about 30 percent can be called fraudulent. This is not so much and clearly does not reach 90 percent. Even what we see in practice at this forum is that the percentage of fraud in ICO projects is really no more than 30. Still, a significant portion of ICO projects are good and quite promising.
maemunah

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:06:18 PM

Some are scam but I think not 90%.There are ICO that are at the begining are already scam but some ICO did not succeed in which they cannot give the money back and in some sort makes it a scam.
such a possibility. as far as I know that my friends often talk about it like that. if my suggestion do not hurry to choose ICO and must be careful also if choose ICO. so be careful to choose ICO to invest your money, love your money
Seram1

Activity: 197
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:26:05 PM

Some are scam but I think not 90%.There are ICO that are at the begining are already scam but some ICO did not succeed in which they cannot give the money back and in some sort makes it a scam.
such a possibility. as far as I know that my friends often talk about it like that. if my suggestion do not hurry to choose ICO and must be careful also if choose ICO. so be careful to choose ICO to invest your money, love your money
it's true dev, we must be careful and careful in investing our money. because otherwise we will suffer huge losses.
and I think there are still a lot of good and promising ico. this is only enlarged, if the presentation of that then no one will want to invest their money in ico. I still believe that ico is still very good and promises to be invested. because i still benefit from ico. sometimes you have to take a big risk if you want to get big profits.
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1233

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:29:53 PM

it's true dev, we must be careful and careful in investing our money. because otherwise we will suffer huge losses.
and I think there are still a lot of good and promising ico. this is only enlarged, if the presentation of that then no one will want to invest their money in ico. I still believe that ico is still very good and promises to be invested. because i still benefit from ico. sometimes you have to take a big risk if you want to get big profits.
ICO its like you throw your money into a trash and you will get back take it that money back whent already change it to gold. Iam always using free money its mean i never use my money for my life. so that really safe invesment
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:35:12 PM

Sometimes for project need more time than 1-2 monts. Investor wants profit right now and at least 2x or more
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:22:33 PM

there is no doubt that about your opinion. but nowadays, Vitalik Buterin has invented a new technology for ICO projects. That is DAICO. With this technology, the investors can be received their money if the devs cant do the project. Abyss is the first project applied this technology
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 08:40:06 PM

I think the more proper word is not 'scam' but fail. They are not intentionally scam their investor, but they start a project without proper research, and thus their project is difficult to be developed, and so many blind investor waste their money in any ICO they found.
But its not rare, not just in crypto in the tradisional business there so many start up, that only last for least than one year, the different is only the investor,

yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:43:02 PM

I don’t know about the percentage but it’s right most of them are scam. People see crypto as a big chocolate pie waiting for them to take a big pie. Therefore they create useless projects which will never work in practice and ask money from people to make it. We should stay away from them as much as we can.

daicavung

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:14:06 PM

You should hold the ETH, this is just a small fluctuations in the market. In the next few weeks the market will stabilize and the prices of Altcoin will rise again. You should not be too worried. This often happens on the Crypto market in the past time. After this rebate will be the jump, the price increase of the Altcoin series.

djlenna12345

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:28:41 PM

It seems to me that the existence of such a large number of scams also has the fault of newcomers who do not study projects and invest without analyzing the experience of the team

kim-yon

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:30:56 PM

50% of the ICOs we invested were scammed, and the remaining 50% got very good.
yunusseymen16

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:38:54 PM

It is true. And it is bad for us. It's very difficult to find decent projects yourself!So you need to browse the reviews! Well,I now began to invest money in trust management!The guys are looking for a prospective ICO for not a big percentage! My solution is that : I don't enter ethereum based ico's.
I am joinin Neo based ico's. I think neo is more reliable.
darmawan_lasuara

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:47:26 AM

I think the more proper word is not 'scam' but fail. They are not intentionally scam their investor, but they start a project without proper research, and thus their project is difficult to be developed, and so many blind investor waste their money in any ICO they found.
But its not rare, not just in crypto in the tradisional business there so many start up, that only last for least than one year, the different is only the investor,

yes, it seems so. I also agree with you, not only in the crypto world but also in traditional business too. We can see many traditional businesses that fail because the entrepreneur or team is not considering everything well. So even in the crypto world.
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:58:14 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 07:10:51 AM by wahyu wida

yes, it seems so. I also agree with you, not only in the crypto world but also in traditional business too. We can see many traditional businesses that fail because the entrepreneur or team is not considering everything well. So even in the crypto world.
yes i think so, not scam but fail ico. beside that with no clear a rodmap, we can be carefull with their ico, this ico can be only collect alot of money from investors.
MarchToke

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:04:46 AM

Not 90 percent of ICO are scam but only some might be scam. Only few are scam and we cannot do anything for that. Only we can do is to be careful in selecting an ICO for your investments.

NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:13:11 AM

While I tend to agree that there are really scam ICOs out there, I would not agree on the figure given. 90% is an exaggeration. It is not really the true number. I think there is no reliable statistics on the matter. If 90% of ICOs are scam, I doubt if there will still be ICO investors remaining right now. There are scams, yes of course but we should avoid blowing the figure up. It will not be of help. Let us instead encourage everyone to bring on a more thorough assessment of the ICOs we consider participating.
minhdang2212

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:25:32 AM

It is true that most ICOs have no clear product, so Vitalik Buterin has raised the new calling form DAICO.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:46:47 AM

Some people are clueless and are depending on luck. They think investing is like gambling which depends on luck (which I never believe in it). And as you said, there are many ICOs which are utter scams. The problem is not within these scammers but with these people who invest.

Added to that, you should not fully believe what the founders say because some founders are competing with each other, thus you will find everyone is promoting his project and attacking other projects in a smart way.   
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:49:55 AM

Investing in ico involves risks. It can always happen that the project will fail for various reasons. However, it is true that a lot of its is a scam.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
yua_na

Activity: 434
Merit: 175

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:12:58 PM

Tobe honest what you said its true but there is ico which really design for scamming people but some ico did a real good project. And almost all ico which collected too much money are scam but if ico only collected their fund arround 1 mill to 5 mill they really did a project and fail project does not mean scam its a risk investing on start up. Look at coinseed its only collected 5 mill hard cap. Look at genesis vision look at aurora dao they really did a project and only collected money what they need. Also next good ico is auctus look at they progress.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: