Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:43:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam  (Read 4208 times)
cgokt

Activity: 22
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:30:39 PM

considering companies doing ICOs are simply startups and 90% of the startups fail (https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilpatel/2015/01/16/90-of-startups-will-fail-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-10/), this statistics don't surprise me actually. If your expectations are different, you might want to change your opinion about investments tho.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:35:06 PM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
exactly. Most ICOs are now only full of scams. no real project. they created the ICO. after the token is sold. They will run away or delay the project. There are very few good projects at the present time. You need to find out carefully and select good ICO projects. You can invest if you are interested
EHT7500

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:06:15 PM

I will quote an excerpt from the article.
Traveling through 900 ICOs in one evening is an extremely depressing process. A lot of abandoned Twitter accounts, empty Telegram groups, websites that are no longer updated. Such a "digital cemetery" characterizes the fruitful harvest of 2017.
mynamehere

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:20:24 PM

I will quote an excerpt from the article.
Traveling through 900 ICOs in one evening is an extremely depressing process. A lot of abandoned Twitter accounts, empty Telegram groups, websites that are no longer updated. Such a "digital cemetery" characterizes the fruitful harvest of 2017.

Some projects have risen above zero, some couple of thousands of dollars, and some have attracted more than $ 10 million. Ultimately, the result is the same everywhere: there is no MVP, an alpha release, and no contribution to a decentralized network to improve humanity.
EHT7500

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:22:17 PM

Many of the 531 ICOs that failed last year looked like a futuristic concept from the very beginning. In most cases, seasoned investors could identify signs of a scam and be cautious. However, not all have the proper experience in investing, and for this reason some projects still attract more than $ 200 million.
Darerando

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:23:07 PM

If 90% of ICO are scam, then how can you invest, knowing that it's a big risk if you invest your money in any project, you may end up losing all your money.
It is that true most of the ico are scammers, but I'm not so sure about the percentage.
mynamehere

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:24:17 PM

Since the ICO mania does not show any signs of easing, there is no reason to believe that this year will be better. Due to increased competition and an endless stream of potentially tempting ICOs, crypto-investment in 2018 will be even more risky than ever.
Oliveir

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:27:42 PM

Some experts says it 80% total scams in the past year, and only 8 percent reached exchange, some dies and some are still hanging up hoping to get through... But that was past years maybe this year it wil increase to 90%
alendel0n7

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:14:17 PM

from my own experience as a member of the bounty, I can say that this statement is like the truth. Some of the scammers do not survive even before the end of the bounty, some are revealed immediately after the completion of the Ico, some may show imaginary activity for several months, if not years ...

⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ Ferrum Network • High-Speed Interoperability Network for Financial Applications 📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀
https://ferrum.network
Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:52:52 PM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
Well, i don't really believe in your submission that over 90 percent of ICO are scam because even Bitcoin, ethereum and many other altcoins that have succeeded at the beginning was said to be a scam project may not see the light of the day  but not on till later people started regretting the mistakes they might have made for not investing in those coins as at when their value was insignificant. But that doesn't mean there are no scam project but not to the turn of 90 percent.
kajin

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:40:58 PM

95% of the coins on coinmarketcap will not survive the next five years. Those with Tech will prevail.
Larochka

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:44:43 PM

Indeed, lately there has been a lot of scams in the ICO. Now it has become very difficult to choose promising projects and identify fraud is almost impossible. Hard times are coming.

Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:08:37 PM

Indeed, lately there has been a lot of scams in the ICO. Now it has become very difficult to choose promising projects and identify fraud is almost impossible. Hard times are coming.
Yeah,  this true.  Scammers are getting smart also in presenting their projects into the community, that's why we can't really say this project will be a scam at first and we can only knew it usually at the end of crowsade sale.
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:11:10 PM

That is not true for me, i have participated in more than nine icos and none of them has been a scam, maybe the devs stoped working hard at some point but it doesnt mean that it is a scam project.

Anyway, it is true that there are more scammy icos than before, i dont know why this is really happening at the moment.

Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:26:33 PM

That is not true for me, i have participated in more than nine icos and none of them has been a scam, maybe the devs stoped working hard at some point but it doesnt mean that it is a scam project.

Anyway, it is true that there are more scammy icos than before, i dont know why this is really happening at the moment.

You'd make a good choice on joining ICO's but we cannot blame people if they think 90% of ICO's are scam because it might be true or not. For me, you can easily saw what is the good ico by just studying the project and the team behind it. Make an effort and prevent yourself from being scammed.
kengeorge21

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:47:51 PM

It's just an allegation after all, i see a lot of project pushing their platform through right after they conducted their ICOs. 90% is too much portion of legit and scam in total but we can't deny the fact that there's a lot of scam ICO these days but it might be reduced in the future since regulation is almost up there in every country.

Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:04:25 AM

There are so many scams in the ICO market. That is very obvious. We can even see it very clearly in the Announcement section here in this forum. You can tell right there and then that an ICO is a scam if there are no responses to the very valid questions asked by potential investors. Well, ICO investors should know about this reality and in investing they accept all the risks involved. 

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
xanxus.kun

Activity: 495

You have to get what you want your own way.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 12:12:08 AM

You can't say that, there are lots of dencent one around here, you just need to look properly, by understanding the whitepaper and the roadmap of the ico you'll know if its really worth a shot or sometimes try to look for an ico in the well known bounty managwrs to avoid getting scammed.

maliboom

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:45:55 AM

But not all. 
This is an amazing project and ICO. Check out their ICO ranking
https://icoranker.com/ico/dehedge/
MorganFreeman41

Activity: 378
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:23:49 AM

I agree with you. I believe that these 90 percent of scam just did affect the fact that the price of the main cryptocurrencies falls down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: