Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:51:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam  (Read 4209 times)
gempil

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:48:30 AM

Everyone's trust and courage with ICO is different. For people who have a lot of experience in ICO, they can be selective in choosing ICO, and they can tell which ICOs are real and which are potentially scam ICOs. So they have a strong belief and are sure to get good feedback from the ICO that followed.
jdgranfiel
Copper Member

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:43:01 AM

Oh no that's a very high percent for saying that most ICO's are scam. 90% is too high. Maybe 10% is believable, but still not so accurate. I have encountered 1 scam or make it 2 but still they are little compared to the legits.
BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:24:26 AM

I totally agree with you. I think need to look for the method of dealing with the likes of ICO. We need to change the situation inside the cryptocurrency world.
bootlace

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:28:44 AM

I totally agree with you. I think need to look for the method of dealing with the likes of ICO. We need to change the situation inside the cryptocurrency world.
How it can be possible? All forum members altogether says "Fe-e-ee" for anything looks as scam ICO? Or investors trade union? I don't see any way to change exclude from gov's or other regulation department control

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
tisumagic

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:36:49 PM

This is more than fake.

Most icos are a success, and most of them are reaching their softcap nowadays, only shitty projects can not reach a softcap of at least 1 million dollars.

but not a few of them succeed and succeed beyond the hardcap they are targeting but they end up in a scam case, which the bounty hunter are not paid and the investors are also disappointed because they are also fooled by their project

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
pipashu

Activity: 105

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:06:37 PM

It should be better for ICO to start investing. After that, it's hard to say. Worst of all, there are a lot of fake projects that fake tokens that have already been traded. New friends should pay more attention.
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:22:54 PM

It should be better for ICO to start investing. After that, it's hard to say. Worst of all, there are a lot of fake projects that fake tokens that have already been traded. New friends should pay more attention.
Yes, and for some current ICO's do check every details especially those who require kyc status that will be a double risk for your money and your identity to be submitted without assurance of the ico and the Team. To be in a safe ico invest in reputable legit Team that is not only posted in images have legal contents etc. There are so many scam ico's like the OP said so be careful in any ico you wish to be part in.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
uwouw0

Activity: 196
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:31:04 PM

I think just a little scam of any ICO project,but if you want to join a ico you must see who team manage that project,  are them have experience in cryptocurrency or not to minimalize risk of scam project
bvar69

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:07:38 PM

9/10 businesses fail too. This is irrelevant information.
Fedrey

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:11:07 PM

I think just a little scam of any ICO project,but if you want to join a ico you must see who team manage that project,  are them have experience in cryptocurrency or not to minimalize risk of scam project
I think that the author of the topic slightly exaggerates, because if everything were so bad, then the Hunters for generosity would have remained with nothing, and investors would stop investing in general.
scrototeabaggins

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:25:36 PM

Though I think many ICO projects are scams with a simple whitepaper and some big words, there are more solid projects, they maybe faile to reach the goal, however, they are trying their best to do that in my opinion.
droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:46:50 PM

Yes, ICOs are now scams, they just scam people who are new to the sub-market experience. So they will easily offer solicitations from them when they are unaware of potential ICO project audits. So I do not think I should join the ICO at the moment.

knackergays8

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:30:55 PM

The remaining percentage of ICOs that are genuine are very hard to find.
ZvezdAndre

Activity: 266

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:37:01 PM

The saddest thing is that most projects that have completed their ICO and added their tokens to the stock exchange may also be a scam. We all talked about Centra

bitekoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:19:16 PM

Yes, most ICOs are most likely a scam. This is the sad reality of a decentralised, unregulated technology. But do not let the negatives blind the positives of this fascinating synergy of technologies that gave birth to the blockchain. All you have to do is to demystify the cryptic whitepapers to some essentials that will determine whether a project you are looking at is valid or not.
One is a solid technology that is adding value atop the blockchain, that is unique. Second is a reputable team that has a proven track record in similar techs - the less hidden their profiles the less likely they are scammers. Third is their commitment to the project, scam years into the project have been seen here.
lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:11:54 PM

Before Ico rating website there should to many scam ico once icorating.com launched then we can expect less ico scam due to data analytics done by website team reduce ico scam to much extent
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:38:36 PM

Yes, most ICOs are most likely a scam. This is the sad reality of a decentralised, unregulated technology. But do not let the negatives blind the positives of this fascinating synergy of technologies that gave birth to the blockchain. All you have to do is to demystify the cryptic whitepapers to some essentials that will determine whether a project you are looking at is valid or not.
One is a solid technology that is adding value atop the blockchain, that is unique. Second is a reputable team that has a proven track record in similar techs - the less hidden their profiles the less likely they are scammers. Third is their commitment to the project, scam years into the project have been seen here.

I think 90 % is a very big number for scam ICOs, it may be 40% or 50%.
So, it's not too hard to determine it. You just need to read about 10-15 ICO whitepapers and research it fully, than you will have an idea in your brain and you need a bit of logic.Ex : Yesterday i saw a project, it gives 60% gift, if you get a token value of 1 ETH.
oyeade56

Activity: 163

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 12:18:45 AM

Well, we can't dispute the fact that there are large increase in scam rates as a result of high numbers of ICOs and Coin everywhere today and there are always difficulties in trying to find out the real Ones
mia_houston

Activity: 1204
Merit: 539

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:12:59 AM

Before Ico rating website there should to many scam ico once icorating.com launched then we can expect less ico scam due to data analytics done by website team reduce ico scam to much extent
in my opinion it is not enough to help reduce scam ICOs, I ask to you what you trust in their analytics, Just curious, I mean that is just a written article. im really appreciate if anyone here can explains
pleaderzazure

Activity: 101

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 06:18:51 AM

im not agree with these statement, most ICO failed because of lack of support from the community and less project and developer not working hard for the projects, mostly these happens so that you can say its 90% overall percentage, but in my experience in working in this forum i can say not all ICO’s are scam there are legit ones. dont know the figure percentage but surely theres alot.

Yeah i agree with you, ico failed and mybe will be scam because as you say dev not work hard and not community support because they aim not evident and more speculation. But for other project with good have a future and never will be scam usually they dev verry support and work hard and many comunity will support because look they hard dev
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: