Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:56:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam  (Read 4209 times)
crypto_gaint

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:45:28 AM

You're right. Hardly any ICOs have what it takes to give 100% confidence to investors like me.

They come up with the most random ideas and spend a few 100k dollars on marketing and building hype. Then they have token sales where pre-sale investors are given discounted rates. They end up dumping the coin as soon as there is an exchange listing.

In fact, I know of only one ICO in recent times that has not done this. Blockgrain.io team had the foresight and fairness to keep presale price equal to main sale price. This shows what intentions a team has. Less focussed on greed and more on onboarding the right people.
JMD07

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:28:51 AM

It should be better for ICO to start investing. After that, it's hard to say. Worst of all, there are a lot of fake projects that fake tokens that have already been traded. New friends should pay more attention.
even on those reputable bounty managers had been an issue about a scammed projects. Scammers are everywhere, we need to be vigilant on our money and don't give them your funds without a proof that it is a legit ICO's. Research first and don't get blind on there bonuses and freebies for early investors. 
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:32:31 AM

I don't know how really accurate this figure as far as ICO scams are concerned. I've been into situation already that my time and efforts were all wasted because of these scam ICOs and i think it's getting worst every now and then.

linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:37:22 AM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

If you properly research ( Project, Product, Team) about the ICO before investing your hard earn money in it then 99% time you are safe.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Disclaimert

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:02:43 AM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
I strongly agree with the statement, there are so many ICOs that are popping up but a lot of that end with fraud and that very often I experience. I also prefer to invest in coins that already exist in the stock. they are more convincing and very low risk compared to new coins
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:33:26 AM

Well, we can't dispute the fact that there are large increase in scam rates as a result of high numbers of ICOs and Coin everywhere today and there are always difficulties in trying to find out the real Ones

Well, find the difference in between the Scam ICO's and Legit ICO's, through comparison only we can easily identify them, Legit ICO's will always show huge potential for the media and they have real innovative thought to promote the project.
bomakot22

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:43:02 AM

90%!? i find that very hard to believe. show me some source please. cold data.
thank you
zajtsewatan

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:55:16 AM

I would agree with that statement that 90% are scams as they dont operate in accordance with the law and belong to offshore jurisdictions. Foundsrs are also kinda unkown.
For this reason Im looking now only for security tokens to invest as I believe that era of utility token will be over soon. Security tokens will be backed and u have the guarantee of taking your investments back any time u want. Just take a look at such project as LibreCash, u would understand what Im talking about
dontno

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:05:27 AM

I disagree with this claim that 90% of ICOs are scams. Though we have because we have ICOs which are scams but there are still some promising one in which someone can invest.
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:14:04 AM

Well, we can't dispute the fact that there are large increase in scam rates as a result of high numbers of ICOs and Coin everywhere today and there are always difficulties in trying to find out the real Ones

Well, find the difference in between the Scam ICO's and Legit ICO's, through comparison only we can easily identify them, Legit ICO's will always show huge potential for the media and they have real innovative thought to promote the project.
Not all times and even that legitimate ico can run and run away for them its already money. I believe there is no case with that as it was a voluntary investing, correct me if i'm wrong that what i know. Its was clear that many are scam and it was not easy to spot them.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Nskaolimpiyskiy

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:19:04 AM

I would agree with that statement that 90% are scams as they dont operate in accordance with the law and belong to offshore jurisdictions. Foundsrs are also kinda unkown.
For this reason Im looking now only for security tokens to invest as I believe that era of utility token will be over soon. Security tokens will be backed and u have the guarantee of taking your investments back any time u want. Just take a look at such project as LibreCash, u would understand what Im talking about
Ive already familiar with LibreCash but I dont see any big difference with other crypto projects..If 90% are scams, why this ICO would not be scam as well?
zajtsewatan

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:34:23 AM

Ive already familiar with LibreCash but I dont see any big difference with other crypto projects..If 90% are scams, why this ICO would not be scam as well?
It is new stable coin that will operate with the reserve fund and all the issued tokens will be backed with ETH and BTC and u will be able to exchange tokens for BTC and ETH any time u want. Smart contract that is already funded with ETH u may check is ready! Still seems like a scam? I dont think so
Nskaolimpiyskiy

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:18:35 PM

It is new stable coin that will operate with the reserve fund and all the issued tokens will be backed with ETH and BTC and u will be able to exchange tokens for BTC and ETH any time u want. Smart contract that is already funded with ETH u may check is ready! Still seems like a scam? I dont think so
According to the WP all the projects seem promising...But still they are scamming later.
The question will project scam or not it is not about how good from tech side project is or will be. It is mostly about checking the background of the founders because they rule the project and they make all the decesions
oxygensignatureR

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:11:28 PM

I do not agree. If they are scams then ICO would not be surviving till now.
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:26:27 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2018, 01:59:59 PM by SummerBliss

Where I don't believe in regulations on cryptocurrencies, I strongly support regulations on ICO conduction. While investing in already established cryptocurrency, an investor has many parameters to analyse before investing. But while investing in an ICO where projects and companies can be easily faked and there are no parameters available to analyse, it becomes difficult for an investor to make a right choice.
Right now, due to unavailability of any kind of regulation, many of the ICO coming are fake and scam. But I doubt if the number is 90%. It seems like most are a scam because many fail to raise anything and thus, calling their ICO off. But that doesn't mean that they are a scam.
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:58:28 PM

Peoples need high income with low invest. that's why lots of peoples try to invest in ICO. most of ico are fake but some one are good and they gave good chance to create money. Best thing is to study as much as the ICO and then invest as much you can risk. There are no reward without any risk.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:53:57 PM

One of the reason why most ICOs fail is because there are over hundreds of them. Some ICOs are scam, and since there are a lot of ICO some legit projects cannot raise enough money during their ICO stage because some peoeple are scared of investing on ICOs.
bhoybitcoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:18:24 PM

Whoa! Be careful of what you're saying man. You know exactly that its easy to release this kind of statement most specially if you cannot provide us proofs.  Probably its ok  if you said that 50% of the ICOs are scam, but 90%? I don't think its true at all. Of all those 90% ICOs that you said were scam, can you give us a complete list of these ICO projects together with the proofs? I want to see it with my own eyes and do my own research about them. These are what we're asking to those people claiming that ICOs are scam, PROOFS.

cakmabokgot

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:58:15 PM

I am attending bounties at Bountyhive.io.
I think those ICO's can be promising.
But I stopped investing in any of them. With the bear season more than 90 of them weren't even able to sell their coins.
The ones that are scam will be eliminated soon.

But if the bull season comes back tons of scams will appear again..
Musstang

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:01:13 PM

Unfortunately this is the case. It seems to me that there were fewer scammers before, but now everywhere.

|▶   GREENX   |  THE WORLD’S MOST SOPHISTICATED GREEN ENERGY NETWORK   ◀|
Whitepaper   |▶     Private Sale 16 Apr 2018     ◀|   Presentation
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Medium    GitHub    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: