Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:41:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam  (Read 4209 times)
Kingsraid

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 08:58:15 AM

well 90% is huge number. if you say this with no data and just based on opinion. then it's not valid

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogandogru

Activity: 481
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:22:08 PM

Yes, nowadays many ICOs are fraud. Nowadays many ICOs are launched everyday with the result that there are so many projects in the market. Many of them are fraud projects formed just to scams people. May of them have no idea behind their project, just want to raise money. Actually it has become so easy to start an ICO that even you can also launch it. This is the main reason that why many ICOs are failing.
dragone

Activity: 249
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:04:05 PM

I would not say that 90% of the ICO is a Scam, at least in my experience I can say that about 50% of the ICO is a sScam, but not 90%. You can look at coinmarketcap and the number of coins that you will see there are already crossed to thousand tokens or more.
If 90% of ICO were a scam we wouldn't have seen so many tokens on the market. But half of them turns out to be a Scam, and not necessarily they just steal your money. Sometimes company just can't or doesn't want to go exchange for a long time, and only six months later gets on Yobit.  I think such companies are a scam, even if not so obvious, not directly scam, but there are no trades or volume for the token.
AltcoinsBattle

Activity: 537
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:02:25 PM

According to my observations, more than half of the projects are listed on exchanges. Of course, not all of these will be successful, and some will be fraudulent. But up to 90% of fraudulent ones are unlikely.
Perhaps somebody collects ICO statistics and later we learn what allocation of successful and other projects.

jackjackfly

Activity: 322

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:01:53 AM

I would not say that 90% of the ICO is a Scam, at least in my experience I can say that about 50% of the ICO is a sScam, but not 90%. You can look at coinmarketcap and the number of coins that you will see there are already crossed to thousand tokens or more.
If 90% of ICO were a scam we wouldn't have seen so many tokens on the market. But half of them turns out to be a Scam, and not necessarily they just steal your money. Sometimes company just can't or doesn't want to go exchange for a long time, and only six months later gets on Yobit.  I think such companies are a scam, even if not so obvious, not directly scam, but there are no trades or volume for the token.

In my opinion what they wanted to tell that about 90% of ICOs are worthless. This can be true. As it is not as many well prepared companies for ICO. With enough budgets for marketing, support etc. Most projects are just (let us say) "students" they have great ideas but have no money. And we all know "no money no honey"

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
dragone

Activity: 249

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:00:39 AM

In my opinion what they wanted to tell that about 90% of ICOs are worthless. This can be true. As it is not as many well prepared companies for ICO. With enough budgets for marketing, support etc. Most projects are just (let us say) "students" they have great ideas but have no money. And we all know "no money no honey"
In general I agree, but "students" who do not collect money are less dangerous than scam, which collects millions and disappears with the money of investors. Sometimes the students get something proper and they still run the project. Therefore, 90% is still a very large figure.
We see less direct a scam now, even scammers  try to improve their skill and make "scam" better.
Token.tv

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:51:57 AM

If you spend enough time researching you will most probably not get scammed. Most of the projects are either a scam or the people behind them are unprepared and uneducated. You should watch out for red flags such as team transparency, quality of the idea itself, roadmap , token economics , and many more. The main things you should look for and are the easiest way to spot a scam are the team and the token economics. If there is no information on the people behind the project - it's almost certainly a scam, and even if it isn't its still not worth the risk. The other thing is the token economics. If they have set unrealistically high hard caps or they haven't described how the plan to distribute the money - it's probably a scam or the team is ill prepared. In both cases, you should stay away from the project. Checking this information costs not more than 5 minutes and is the easiest red flag to spot. Ba careful with your investments and good luck to all. 
jackjackfly

Activity: 322

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:00:14 AM

In general I agree, but "students" who do not collect money are less dangerous than scam, which collects millions and disappears with the money of investors. Sometimes the students get something proper and they still run the project. Therefore, 90% is still a very large figure.
We see less direct a scam now, even scammers  try to improve their skill and make "scam" better.

I guess the problem is also that we don't know if they really have collected as much as they show on website. I mean yeah it is definitely disaster if a project rans with million budget.
But imagine that they have "drawn" millions, and you aspect for profit but in reallity the team just have several thousands

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:11:14 PM

Nobody care about technologies of new projects, everybody loves marketing! In my opinion, serious projects should not promote their ICO in social media like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
For me - such ads is the first sign to evade these projects.

BTCITA187

Activity: 1176
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:40:45 PM

Nobody care about technologies of new projects, everybody loves marketing! In my opinion, serious projects should not promote their ICO in social media like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
For me - such ads is the first sign to evade these projects.
I can't agree with you. Even projects like Google, telegram, Facebook and others brands that do not really need advertising, usually have a promotion on socila media, TV and other although even Apple advertises its phones through television. Because in the flow of news and other information, it's just hard  to focus on something. Twitter, facebook, Instagram, news, Tv show there are a lof of information around us.
Therefore, even Apple is not shy and advertise their products, and this is one of the most famous brands and for beginners, sometimes social networks like Twitter, Facebook is the easiest and fastest way to ensure that people will know anout them. Even a good products need to get a promotion and advertising, so for beginners it's really question of life or death to the project.
Phat Buzz Tart

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:19:21 PM

It's not so bad to invest in ICOs'. You just need to normally analyze what is this ICO about.
CryptOliver

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:25:44 PM

I do agree to ethereum founder, the ICO just waste your money and dry of your pocket. Don't be lazy to invest on altcoin on market, they more promising than ICO that give you desperation. I think you all clever to choose which one is good. Don't be trapped on ICO ilusion.
TokenForUs

Activity: 392

Ccfound

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:32:26 PM

every investment has their risk, not only in digital worl in real lifeinvestment you will find the same case with risk. the rest is depending on how we minimize that risk as small as we can even we close the whole chance for that risk...i dont think if founder Etherum would say that 90% of ICO is scam, since ethereum is built to facilitate many new ICO nowadays.

automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:39:35 PM

Before we should say icos are scam but now more and more data research companies came and undermining more icos with fraudulent activities and bring them to light nt to invest category
Mainman08

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:54:04 PM

I think 90% is too high. There are many good ico's that are release in the market. And i gain good income with them. And i think only 40% percent are scam. So we need to study the ico first before we got engaged into it.

Bambam28

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:08:35 PM

Yes, unfortunately it is. But we must learn to choose good projects from this whole garbage. It's not easy, but it's possible. There are a lot of good recommendations on the choice of ICO on this forum.

[   D E A L J O Y  instant crypto cashbacks   ]       //    Whitepaper    //
               ►►  JOIN ICO NOW  ◄◄   Earn Crypto by shopping online
Facebook    .    Twitter    .    Telegram    .    Medium    .    Reddit    .   
Markperop

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:59:15 PM

Yes, unfortunately it is. But we must learn to choose good projects from this whole garbage. It's not easy, but it's possible. There are a lot of good recommendations on the choice of ICO on this forum.
many people negatively speak about ico companies just because they had a bad experience of participating in which projects. But this should not influence decision-making by many participants. in fact, the Bounty section of companies shows quite a lot of promising projects.

HELLO EVERYONE.
morgan4140

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:03:14 PM

I once again made sure that you should choose projects that advertises ICOdrops. One example is QuarkChain.
kulakvlad

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:46:14 PM

I invested in about 10 projects, but none of them was a scam. But according to statistics, most of them are scam.

NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:10:35 PM

many people negatively speak about ico companies just because they had a bad experience of participating in which projects. But this should not influence decision-making by many participants. in fact, the Bounty section of companies shows quite a lot of promising projects.
Because calling the ICO project capital is helping many projects get so much money, so many ICO projects are being created to call for investment and most of them are non-quality projects. Markets are getting more and more careful with ICO projects because you can lose or lose money if you invest in ICO scam projects.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: