Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:11:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam  (Read 4212 times)
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:17:05 AM

Some of investors have the thought like this one: OK, I will just invest some money in this or that ICO, do nothing and get an income that will be very cool. Only lazy people do like this. Traders work hard.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:12:53 AM

indeed many ICOs scam this year, but not as many as you mentioned. savvy investors must know better how to invest in ICO and if ICO does not exist how the fate of bounty hunter? they make money through their ICO project
the investor can indeed invest in a real token or coin but the token or coin is initiated with the ICO, and if there is no ICO the token and coin will not develop
Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:22:06 AM

if you are new to crypto, it's a good idea to invest into alt coin which already has a platform and registered on the big exchange.
because people who invest in ICO I think people who are really understood the risks that he has chosen.

pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:34:04 AM

if you are new to crypto, it's a good idea to invest into alt coin which already has a platform and registered on the big exchange.
because people who invest in ICO I think people who are really understood the risks that he has chosen.

if you are new to crypto , i dont think investing in altcoin is a way to go because altcoins have also a big list or have a huge number to choose on . you wont know if you choose a bad coin or a good coin , so i guess bitcoin is still the best investment for a newbie because you cant go wrong on it due to the fact that bitcoin is only one .

also , not all people who invest in an ico are risk takers . there are still few that only investing on it because they heard that investing on an ico is really profitable but they dont know that most ico are actually fake .
MudahDanHemat

Activity: 231
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:40:02 AM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

The abundance of the ICO project this scam makes many people anxious and afraid to invest. Many people who always do some research before they join the ICO project especially for the bounty hunter. The bounty hunter this time is indeed having trouble looking for a good project ICO. And my own as Bounty Hunter continues to do research before joining ICO.
Filicius

Activity: 424
Merit: 75

TalkImg.com - Image hosting for BitcoinTalk

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:41:27 AM

I don't think that's a real number at all. The crypto space is totally new and many people are innovating. It's reasonable that when exploring a new field many will fail, you should separate a project that is a scam because it was planned just to get the money and run and a project that was ambitious but eventually failed for another reasons apart from the team's effort.

Taking into account the previous, 90% of the ICOs don't run with the money at all... and about their failure, 90% is the typical failure rate for startups outside from the crypto-space, so what's the point of the thread? If the failure rate is the point, then we should state that 90% of the startups are a scam....

Please, be careful with the terms, it's a shame that prestigious people misuse words like "scam" by using it in it's vulgar definition; a "scam" is a crime described in the criminal codes of almost any country, and description doesn't fit with what could happen to the 90% of the ICOs.

WWW.TALKIMG.COM | Image hosting for BitcoinTalk | Official Topic
vastmast

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:46:35 AM

Most of the icos are not even distributing tokens after scam has collected lots of ico money. Or when we look at the prices in the exchanges at a much lower price than the ico price. This is a serious problem Sad

______________▂   arizn  ▂______________       ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                     ◄ ICO: 30% BONUS  ►
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Website Wallet Telegram Whitepaper     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:57:08 AM

I'm thinking like this also, they are just collecting money and doing nothing we can see hundreds of samples this types project and team, they all will go under at the future.

it is really bug of this market. because of this scam icos, normal people fear from this market. and dont invest anymore and dont enter market.

Bohdan98

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:59:26 PM

I think that ico will be successful only when the project is will be needed by society. so my choice fell on the project Tradelize, if you have not heard about it, then I advise you to get acquainted and you will understand why I think so.
binghope

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:26:32 PM

Probably because the market today is quite complex, many ICO fraudulent carpentry with the purpose of appropriating the property of others, I hope there is a law put in place to apply for the ICO program, so will be better for us
Cagripharmacy

Activity: 106
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:18:42 PM

As the number grew, it started to increase in fake campaigns. It's hard to find a reliable signature campaign in days. I hope this is going to be fine, but it does not seem to be coming.

▬▬▬▬▬ ◯●●   REPME.io   ●●◯ ▬▬▬▬▬
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOV
Please check the Whitepaper for more complete info
Silenox

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:28:21 PM

Scams take advantage of people's greed in making money fast and easy, it's not hard to realize that many projects can not sustain themselves for long. But there are many interesting ico's that can yield a lot, just know how to choose and know that it is a risky investment.
Riga

Activity: 784
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:35:48 PM

Now really a lot of scammers. But even in such difficult times for crypto currency, I find interesting and reliable projects. But for this, I spend a very long time.
JoeBriggs

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:59:29 PM

I have these feelings too, but it's caused by a enormous number of ICOs on the market, there are thousands and thousands same projects, it should be managed somehow.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
vavan37

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:05:00 PM

I agree that 90% of all ICO is  a Scam. Inexperienced investor  need to learn to distinguish good and promising projects from bad.
Dissident991

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:05:46 PM

Yep, most of blockchain projects are scams and conduct crowdsales only for money collecting. I am really looking forward to the judicial proceedings and criminal penalties for dishonest and cheating devs.
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:11:48 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2018, 08:30:15 PM by olumyd

People get rekt as a result of the difficulty in maintaining a clear objective when investing. I personally find it uninteresting investing in projects without an MVP. Their plan or development roadmap may be solid, but without an MPV, it makes the whole project look like a sham until proven otherwise. So I got in on MFX and waiting for the development of their mainnet. My target is to own one of their masternodes. Currently, it's just 76,500 MFX and all set to go.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 02:52:56 AM

People get rekt as a result of the difficulty in maintaining a clear objective when investing. I personally find it uninteresting investing in projects without an MVP. Their plan or development roadmap may be solid, but without an MPV, it makes the whole project look like a sham until proven otherwise. So I got in on MFX and waiting for the development of their mainnet. My target is to own one of their masternodes. Currently, it's just 75k MFX and all set to go.

How much is 75k of their tokens/coins in $ or ETH? I'm also looking for a project with masternodes, but most of them don't seem very impresive to me, though the whole concept of masternodes is amazing.

BigTeeths

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:02:10 AM

Perhaps these investors are not really investing for long term so that is why they still invest on 90% of possible shitcoins. Just like every traders mindset, we wait until it reaches 10x its normal until we leave it and buy another one again and wait for moment it also goes to moon. The next years will surely kill those 90% coins.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:03:06 AM

Yep, most of blockchain projects are scams and conduct crowd sales only for money collecting. I am really looking forward to the judicial proceedings and criminal penalties for dishonest and cheating devs.

Not all projects are scams we have seen there are many other projects which has a capable team for their roadmap development and that's why we have to be very careful when dealing with the ICO's. So choosing the right project will always help us to find good potential developments.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: