Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:11:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam  (Read 4209 times)
Mainman08

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:22:36 PM

The number of scam ICO's are truly annoying. It make a hard time for bounty hunters like me. Some of them don't pay us for promoting their projects. But 90% is too high. There are still many good ICO's that i joined.

ovcijisir

Activity: 1493
Merit: 333

🐪

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 09:27:04 PM

This is very true that nowadays most of the ICOs are fake and a scam if exactly, not 90%. So, the point of thinking now is on what basis we decide the right ICO. As the ICO investment becomes more profitable these days can't ignore this class of asset.

I guess that many people misinterpret what Vitalik Buterin said... He said that 90% of ICO's will fail, and not that they are scam. I guess he is right, and I can witness that so much projects fail as a bounty hunter. Exactly 10% of coins I get form bounties are worth something on exchanges. All other 90% are worthless or fail with time. That is just my experience, and would like to other peopleshare their experiences as well.

AROVANA

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 09:30:54 PM

I fully agree with this and of course I am not going to argue. I would like to emphasize that of these 90 percent 89 percent Russian ICO.
the problem is that there is no single advertising company in which all projects with a brief description of the concept would be displayed on an hourly basis. Many great teams (honest and correct) do not have the means to advertise and have not been noticed by anyone. Lips sealed
cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:44:11 PM

This is very true that nowadays most of the ICOs are fake and a scam if exactly, not 90%. So, the point of thinking now is on what basis we decide the right ICO. As the ICO investment becomes more profitable these days can't ignore this class of asset.
ICO is a good land to get as much money as possible. Even ICO is still in demand even though bad news about the ICO just keeps coming out. Many people hate it, and maybe I'm one of them. But what makes it strange, I keep investing and join various ICO bounties. We condemn the ICO only when experiencing losses. When the ICO was a big success, we were really flattering. I think almost everyone thinks the same as me. But, who knows?

SkvorNyc777

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Swipe!

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:17:55 PM

Scam is a difficult word, and probably not all of those 90% which you state are true scam, sometimes it is just hard to maintain projects life and active community around, as for me it is a really difficult labor.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:26:29 PM

Most of the ICOs don't even have a MVP. Bad ICOs are like startup projects which has failed to get investment from VC and crowdfunding sites.
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:15:12 PM

Most of the ICOs don't even have a MVP. Bad ICOs are like startup projects which has failed to get investment from VC and crowdfunding sites.

These days, even an MVP is not enough. Projects have to deliver and have a post ICO sustainability plan. Some good projects out there with good team, concepts and good funding yet with bad execution end up on same lane with scam ICOs
Wolfwar

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:38:39 PM

These days, even an MVP is not enough. Projects have to deliver and have a post ICO sustainability plan. Some good projects out there with good team, concepts and good funding yet with bad execution end up on same lane with scam ICOs
Of course There are a lot of fraudulent projects among the entire ico company market, but to avoid cheating, I still pay more attention to projects from China or from the USA, because these countries have some control over ico companies.
CRYPTOGANGSTERs

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:55:08 PM

If you look at cryptocurrencies from the point of view of classical non-Fiat money, then all monetary obligations are in some sense an inflated speculative bubble. It all depends on the integrity of the company that conducts the ICO. In General, Yes, unfortunately, most ICO suit for the sake of short-term profits.

██    FORESTING     ██
█ next-generation social media service █
based on blockchain technology
CryptoDoing

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:37:08 PM

Yes, a huge number of ICO projects are fraudulent. This is due to the fact that a lot of uneducated people have decided that investing in cryptocurrency without special knowledge is a good idea.

██    FORESTING     ██
█ next-generation social media service █
based on blockchain technology
alko89

Activity: 150
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:54:35 PM

Amazing how a debate like this can stay alive that long. Or is this just because of people posting to fill their signature campaign quotas?
Monetran

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 08:43:02 PM

If you think 90% of ICOs are scams, stop complaining and try checking out something that's regulated:

https://www.startengine.com/monetran-llc
patispace

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 09:49:05 PM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many  Kiss invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

In fact this is a situation that is alerting many regulatory authorities due to the large number of scams that are occurring due to this disruptive business model, in addition to the permanent suspicions of money laundering that continually emerge against everything that has relationship with cryptocurrencies. But while the appropriate regulatory framework arises, we should all be very cautious when making an investment decision of this nature.
Businesscase

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:29:58 PM

Yes, it`s a lot of scam projects on the market. But we need to be wisely in which projects we investing and make own research work before investing in.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:36:57 PM

To be fair, the number of real scam ICOs is low. But finding high quality projects takes some diligent research so not easy to make good profits in most of these.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:52:05 PM

I don't have any proof of backing up the claims of the OP that about 90% of ICOs are scam but i can also feel it. Being a bounty hunter for quite some time, i have also participated in a scam ICO many times and it's really a waste of time.

kolonel_x

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:46:12 PM

I don't have any proof of backing up the claims of the OP that about 90% of ICOs are scam but i can also feel it. Being a bounty hunter for quite some time, i have also participated in a scam ICO many times and it's really a waste of time.
I think not 90% scam and more precisely 50% and if now there are a lot of bounties that are not paid it is not because of a scam, but because their project does not succeed in achieving the specified results so between the words fail and scam I think is very different

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Mame89

Activity: 1568
Merit: 432

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:15:30 AM

I think not 90% scam and more precisely 50% and if now there are a lot of bounties that are not paid it is not because of a scam, but because their project does not succeed in achieving the specified results so between the words fail and scam I think is very different
That's right, I myself feel that because I'm also one of the bounty hunters, maybe because there are many ico projects running simultaneously, making investors confused to invest their money into an ico project, so many ico can't reach Hard Cap and finally ico is extended because this some will feel disappointed or bored and then leave it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
elzjmirra

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 07:47:32 AM

Yes, I agree if we invest in available coins. Because coins that have entered the exchange certainly have the potential to grow bigger and not get trapped in fake coins. And I think there are still many ICO projects that are good for investing. And you also have to do research before investing. So you can get a good project.
Danilotot

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 08:35:59 AM

I'm not as old as 90% as you say, I say because many legit ico in crypto are pretty much unknown to them but they are legit. I will not mention these ico names anymore. but I do not think that's why you're a bounty partcipant.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: