Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:26:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you keep your private keys?? I need good ideas!!  (Read 815 times)
oloveloveo

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:27:23 AM

For me because of the importance of private key, i saved it to my computer in a very complex folder location that i am the only who knows it and make it hidden, while the paper print of my private key is i stored it in the back of one of our picture frame on a very simple looking one.
I dont one to take a risk and save it to my email because im not really sure if it is safe there.
I want my very important thing stored in a place where others would not think of it that its in there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Craigjohnstone

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:54:00 AM

Create multiple ways of storing your key. Printed, files on external hard drive and a ledger. The more the better.
koincik

Activity: 868
Merit: 265

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:58:43 AM

I separated the Bitcoins from the paper wall for security reasons. I keep them in different places like 2 sheriffs. I have never kept both in digital, and I have not. I do not need a private key since the rest of the param is already in the exchanges. For the params on the stock exchanges, I wrote the 2FA code behind those purses again. Those wallets are safe for me on this. But it may still make sense to be very careful and make a change of wallet in between. I do not know if it is the safest way to create a different wallet, but it makes it a little harder.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Dark_raven007

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 12:03:45 PM

Let's say the computer is not the most reliable storage for today. I have people I trust, here they are my safe.
rosepetals

Activity: 650
Merit: 100

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:41:59 PM

Hello guys!

I wanna hear your opinions about that.
Where do you keep your private keys? In a safe? In your pocket? In your mind??

My private keys are just in the drawer as if they were worth nothing lol

I was thinking about buying a safe, but I think that big, so hard to hide, and just to store one piece of paper?

Give me ideas please =D
I have a hard copy in it in my drawer and save my private keys on my documents.Its advisable to keep our addresses and private keys on private inorder not to get lost or being access by anyone.I uses screen name in saving my device and keep it in a very safe place because once it lost its very difficult to retreive it if it is being hacked by anyone.

Alex9813

Activity: 205
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:42:32 PM

I use really a simple method.You may find it risky but I don't need higher security.So, I simply make a note on my mobile and put the keys on notepad and saved it.It's really easy for me and I can get the keys anytime I want.Also sometimes I saved Private keys on my telegram channel which run by me only.
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:52:16 PM

Write in the paper, Or make it back up and put it on USB. I do not advise storing private keys on facebook messengers, emails, notes, and more that hackers can easily find and know.

Better to be sure, especially now it's money that we earned. It should not come to those who are lazy and what they want to do is steal money from other people
Masongrae

Activity: 223

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:59:06 PM

Hello guys!

I wanna hear your opinions about that.
Where do you keep your private keys? In a safe? In your pocket? In your mind??

My private keys are just in the drawer as if they were worth nothing lol

I was thinking about buying a safe, but I think that big, so hard to hide, and just to store one piece of paper?

Give me ideas please =D

Save or store your  private keys in not just one place or storage. make back ups, hide it in personal notebook, in phone, and in storage devices like usb or memory card.

▬▬[  Imperium Platform  ] ▬▬   
▌Decentralized Crypto Exchange & Lending Platform▐
▬▬  PUBLIC SALE STARTS AUGUST 19th ▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Facebook| ▬▬
without_my_moufles

Activity: 192
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:25:47 PM

Paper + 2 encrypted USB: one in fireproof safe at home, other in safe in the bank.

I can not understand people storing it on the cloud, it is nothing but safe.
hot_ads

Activity: 299
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:36:22 PM

The private key is written on a piece of paper, and then your private key is saved through a hardware wallet, which is the safest and most convenient way to do it.

deepakg2m
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 02:40:28 PM

I would advice you to store your private key offline . If you have stored your private keys offline , it is the best option as chances of hacking decreases to negligible.

🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 Global Sharing App / RENTO / Share, Rent, Profit - Everything You want 🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
Website
Cj29

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:46:59 PM

Me i keep my private key and other important data in a usb stick and i will put that usb stick into a place that no one knows.
reverseflash

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:20:18 PM

I store in the usual text document copied on several carriers. I add a quantity of symbols to all important keys and passwords known only to me.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 05:53:47 PM

I store my private keys in my a sticky notes app in my computer (with a password, of course). Also have one in a .txt file in my flashdrives, in my cellphone and other gadgets. I also have it written on my notebook in case all digital files are deleted. I have a lot of back up for my private key since I treat it as one of my most important possession.
Cheenguboc143

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:37:23 PM

I store it on my phone,and put everything on my notes,then put a password.  I also write it on my notebook,  a secret notebook ( small kind of notebook)  where all my transaction , my accounts and password are there 😂. So in case of emergency in the house,  I know what things I should save first 😂.
hsyncl

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 06:48:31 PM

We really wanted to invest in which coin we initially started. How do you get more profit from which one's future is brilliant now what the bottom premium is not going to do now how to protect and how to secure the bottom of your way. I keep the security of all the accounts I have stored separately in several memories. Otherwise, you need to use a ledger, or you can save a few different memories and there is no other way. If you write in the paper you have a very high chance of losing ...

│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │
totnaksquad

Activity: 182

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:01:05 PM

Storing it with my sd cards,duplicate in some encrypted folders in another device that i know that wont be compromised easily,paper wallet isnt going to be that secured as it can be hacked or destroyed.The best place would be to use the crypto steel which is available thru the ledger's website because you will find it more secured.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:12:16 PM

Mine are printed on paper in a safe deposit box. See, banks have a use still.  Grin

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Bonheur

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 07:16:17 PM

I have a little notebook that I keep close by.
I  don't know what I will do if I loose it.
alex6464

Activity: 179

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:51:37 PM

I hold my private keys on a flash drive and also made some few backups as well in case if I lose the drive or got stolen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: