Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:37:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you like bitcoin, what's your reason?  (Read 7486 times)
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:34:10 AM

I don't intend to derail the thread, but when you guys talked about jail, you mean in the U.S., right?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 02:36:23 AM

I don't intend to derail the thread, but when you guys talked about jail, you mean in the U.S., right?

Mainly, inasmuch as that's the country that imprisons more non-violent people than basically anywhere else, including Russia and China.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
illpoet

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:14:35 AM

i like because in april it allowed me to build the computer of my dreams.

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
Paladin69

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:22:28 AM

I like Bitcoin because of the blockchain.  It is a public ledger that shows all the currency moving through the system.  And it can't be cheated like how the COMEX can consistently lie about how much gold is in their vaults or how Goldman Nutsachs can continually naked short more silver than what exists in the world many times over.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:14:44 AM

Simple, no regulations!

Just very appealing!
prezbo

Activity: 430

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:03:11 PM

I like that I (and only I) am in control of my money. It's really sad to see alot (most) of people only like it for speculation.
limit2718

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 01:31:49 PM

Independent of the Central Bank

nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 02:20:39 PM

I like that I (and only I) am in control of my money. It's really sad to see alot (most) of people only like it for speculation.

I like it for both reasons. I don't do a lot of speculation on bitcoin/fiat but I do play with a few other crosses.

BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
ReBoRn

Activity: 392

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:40:28 PM

I like because many peoples giving free coins in bitcoins and I love free money Cheesy

fat%

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:27:39 PM

Decentralization of power and influence, regaining one's monetary freedom, etc.
swordking

Activity: 449

swordking

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:35:48 PM

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Make any business possible

my account was hacked by moondefi since past few years。 the moondefi is a scam, be careful!
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:37:09 PM

I like BTC because it's not related to any country. Just like gold, except that it's weightless, and transferable around the world in minutes.

Interested in tips for perpetual traveling, nomadic lifestyle, and tax optimization? Subscribe to my Telegram channel.
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 07:54:25 PM

I like BTC because it's not related to any country. Just like gold, except that it's weightless, and transferable around the world in minutes.

Essentially, this.

Also, bitcoin has first-mover advantage (network effect/path dependency). Some altcoins are decent, but we know who is king in the cryptocurrency world.

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 10:13:38 PM

Just think about small things like being able to donate to your kids public school and the anonymity it could provide.  I cannot donate much so I can't make it public, and would feel awkward handing my kids teacher cash.  But if they had a Bitcoin wallet, I would have no problem shooting some satoshi's over every now and again.  A lot of teachers ending up spending money out of their pocket for kids supplies, and they cannot directly ask parents either.  This would save me the trouble of going to the dreaded auction style events held at the school to raise money.  This is just one way my community could benefit from Bitcoin directly.  That is off the top of my head.  The possibilities are endless.

Huh. If you don't restrict it to just public schools... this is actually a pretty cool idea. Use it as a charity account for school supplies or for kids who have material needs (books, lunches, etc.) that the family can't afford.

(BTW, anyone know of any public or private schools or homeschooling groups with something like this already set up? I'd be interested in following a thread about it, as I like the idea of donating a bit after vetting it.)

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 10:15:07 PM

True, but if you got it legally they would have to put you in jail first  Grin

If Bitcoin is to achieve even half it's promise, it cannot be viewed by the majority as an easy way to evade the law.  

I think I heard somewhere less than 1% of BTC transactions are in relation to illegal activity?  I don't know how accurate that number is or how in translates into reality.

It helps to not lump all "illegal activity" together.

If you mean drugs, I could see 2-3% of the BTC economy being that.

Evading taxes? Meh, the very term is vague in the context of true digital cash (what if you never convert to fiat?) and there's no way to ever know. Although since you could do the same with physical cash too, I don't see that it's very relevant.

Anything else? Probably close to non-existent.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
saif313

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 10:53:36 PM

nobody can check your identitiy and you are free to use this

waqas

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:46:41 AM

I love this bitcoin because I want to be rich very soon and hope this will works for this Cheesy

nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 11:23:25 AM

I love this bitcoin because I want to be rich very soon and hope this will works for this Cheesy

Bitcoin isn't a get-rich-quick scheme...

That's just a bonus.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 06:30:57 AM

that's JPMorgan (and HSBC) naked shorting silver.  GS mostly just rapes their customers, not the futures markets.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 12:38:38 PM

Now one thinks of it, isn't posting on a Bitcoin forum asking peeps if they like bitcoin a bit like asking users of a pro-marijuana forum if they like Weed? Grin

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: