Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IXCoin [IXC] The Original Bitcoin Sidechain  (Read 41482 times)
cornhodlr

Activity: 139
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 03, 2022, 10:57:55 AM

I am speechless
You like to be arrogant
So be it
Farewell

You don't have to go anywhere. You were the one bringing up Vlad and to build a community means remove the cancer. He isn't worth talking about at this point.

You have my vote sir.Maybe start a poll or if you can't on this thread open a thread just for a poll on any proposals so we can vote.IXC could be a great coin if the community grows a bit and gets more active on the thread.

The beauty of open source, let him make an unofficial build, see if you like it - go from there?

sidhujag did that with Devcoin v 0.8.5.1-beta and it ended up being used for years on devcoin.org.

Yes any positive and constructive development is preferable to no development.Once the integrity of the coin remains intact and IXC remains "sound money" I see no reason why people won't support further development.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kickback

Activity: 240
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 11:28:57 AM

Dear IxCoin community,

It's been about 2 months since launched the new IxCoin website: https://ixc.devcoin.org (announced here) and @markm explained the relevance of IXC for the Galactic Millieu (GM) which in turn is a key project for the Devcoin Foundation (DF). As head of such organization I'm concerned about the future of IXC, since it is already an important component of an ecosystem carefully designed by markm and one a valuable type of asset in DF's custody.

What we find currently (and correct me if I'm wrong):

1. No development has been performed since Sept 2015 (only updates to text files)
2. There isn't any form of organization supporting the project
3. The website is outdated (DF is on charge of hosting only)
4. There is only one working exchange, hopefully with some liquidity, yet with low volume

I can't help with number 4, I suck at trading and market making! What I can help with is with 1, 2 and 3. My contributions to the Devcoin project since 2014 vary from reorganizing leadership, community management (recently delegated to @realdantreccia), taking care of main website, maintaining the code base and recently upgrading it from a Bitcoin 0.8.x base to the latest Bitcoin 22.x (and 23.x coming soon), all while holding the weight of an Admiral role (yeah, the one blamed for everything). If you consider that such a background deserve any vote of trust and that I have the potential to make any positive impact for YOUR project, then please let me know your insight here in this forum.

I'm listening.

- develCuy

You have my vote on this also. Ixcoin has great potential!
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2022, 08:56:51 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2022, 08:50:51 PM by markm

We just have to be careful not to lose our miners, as huge hashrate is what IXC and I0C have going for them.

Well, along with very low inflation (minting) of course.

They are sister-coins, you should take both of them back into the fold. Smiley

I0Coin is probably even better than IXC really, since sometimes only IXC not also I0C got onto exchanges, so I am pretty sure less I0C was stolen over the last decade or so.

I am not sure whether by now pretty much all the stolen/hacked IXC has been re-bought by now, most of it probably has.

The last "hack" was Cryptopia I think possibly we might even get stuff lost there back when the lawyers and accountants finally start going people their stuff back.

Of Galactic Milieu coins that actually have their own blockchains, IXC and I0C are pretty much the elite ones.

We have built both up to $1+ per coin three or four times before, and it was basically just "hacks" or "fly by night exchanges" that crushed them. So expect that both will reach $1 again and who knows, maybe if FreiExchange doesn't do the same old thing they'll keep going up from there. It just might take longer than the last bunch of times due to total interest in crypto is divided over so many many many coins nowadays, so often days go by without any action on either of them.

I suspec both are arbitrage oportunities too, in that even though on Stellar platform both are way undervalued compared to their treasury-based "calculated value" in the Milueu the prices on Stellar might well still give a profit to arbitrageurs buying them on FreiExchange to sell on Stellar.

By the way I found a new venue for Galactic Milieu info: https://galacticmilieu.quora.com/

You can supposedly actually earn on Quora too, so hey maybe a good place for Q&A.

-MarkM-

P.S. There is one thing in which IXCoin is a little bit "special" in the Galactic Milieu... There is a character named Ix in the Fantasy milieu of the CrossCiv server, who even though it is the fantasy area, supposedly quarantined from the Galactic / Sci-Fi area, nonetheless trades in IXCoin! The original IXCoin trader on the server! This means that IXCoin is unique in being a way that even Fantasy characters can Play To Earn! Smiley

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
kickback

View Profile
May 16, 2022, 10:45:22 AM

I0Coin is probably even better than IXC really, since sometimes only IXC not also I0C got onto exchanges, so I am pretty sure less I0C was stolen over the last decade or so.

Ixcoin works perfectly and I never had any issues with the wallet or syncing the chain and transactions are fast but the amazing thing about i0coin is how it still works perfectly once you manage to get the wallet open and the blockchain synched up although it can take many hours for the wallet to just open sometimes. Still it's not bad from a coin that seems to have been long abandoned.
realdantreccia

Activity: 666
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2022, 12:53:21 PM

They are sister-coins, you should take both of them back into the fold. Smiley

Gotta be careful that whole sister-coin/token terminology is being thrown around on the disgrace of crypto 2022 that just fudded the market Smiley Tongue

Coindesk excerpt from 5.19.2022 article on Vitalik thinking Luna holders should be compensated blah blah blah... w/e

Stablecoin TerraUSD and sister token Luna crashed last week.

Sister tokens! The Bitconnect girls!

From the many one, from one, the source
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2022, 12:46:49 AM

First of all, sorry for the delay, but it was for a good reason!

kickback, sandboxsand, cornhodlr, ViqRa, realdantreccia and other IXC people that contacted me via private channels, I can't be more thankful for your kind vote of trust on my proposal! Now we have many challenges upfront but we'll conquer any obstacle if we team for the brighter future we all wish for IXC.

Next step is to plan a little bit before we take any action. I propose the following topics (in no particular order):

- Fast-forward IXC codebase to Bitcoin 23.x base
- New website
- Organic marketing (social networks)

Can you share with me what is top priority for you? Choice along your comments would be much appreciated!

See: original post

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
kickback

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 10:58:08 PM

First of all, sorry for the delay, but it was for a good reason!

kickback, sandboxsand, cornhodlr, ViqRa, realdantreccia and other IXC people that contacted me via private channels, I can't be more thankful for your kind vote of trust on my proposal! Now we have many challenges upfront but we'll conquer any obstacle if we team for the brighter future we all wish for IXC.

Next step is to plan a little bit before we take any action. I propose the following topics (in no particular order):

- Fast-forward IXC codebase to Bitcoin 23.x base
- New website
- Organic marketing (social networks)

Can you share with me what is top priority for you? Choice along your comments would be much appreciated!

See: original post

I would say that any of the suggestions above maybe starting with a new website and then some good marketing. Then if interest is generated and there is some good trading activity we can move to technical development to keep momentum going. Maybe there is little point in doing any technical development until the community grows and there is more trading and price action to help fund development?

develCuy

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2022, 04:36:37 PM

I would say that any of the suggestions above maybe starting with a new website and then some good marketing. Then if interest is generated and there is some good trading activity we can move to technical development to keep momentum going. Maybe there is little point in doing any technical development until the community grows and there is more trading and price action to help fund development?

Thanks for your feedback @kickback. I agree that working on the website would be of help for IXCoin. Btw, I'm not taking any formal or official role for IXcoin or communicating anything on behalf of IxCoin. I'm just an OpenSource dev and community member, contributing whenever possible, and I do so for about 17 years now. That said, I withdraw my offer of fast-forwarding IXC codebase, actually I don't plan to contribute any code, won't elaborate on the reasons, just want you guys to have clear what my intentions are.

In regards to ixc.devcoin.org, there is a banner that sets clearly the purpose of such mirror and where it comes from.

So, if we are updating the un-official website, we need fresh info, any ideas?

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
sandboxsand

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2022, 11:27:45 AM

Thanks for your feedback @kickback. I agree that working on the website would be of help for IXCoin. Btw, I'm not taking any formal or official role for IXcoin or communicating anything on behalf of IxCoin. I'm just an OpenSource dev and community member, contributing whenever possible, and I do so for about 17 years now. That said, I withdraw my offer of fast-forwarding IXC codebase, actually I don't plan to contribute any code, won't elaborate on the reasons, just want you guys to have clear what my intentions are.

In regards to ixc.devcoin.org, there is a banner that sets clearly the purpose of such mirror and where it comes from.

So, if we are updating the un-official website, we need fresh info, any ideas?

- develCuy

https://web.archive.org/web/20201024110313/http://ixcoin.zohosites.com/

hi dC, old stuff to inspire new ideas
ViqRa

Merit: 36

View Profile
July 27, 2022, 04:42:08 AM

A message from Vlad:

https://youtu.be/YMD_o8Hnkn0

https://rumble.com/v1dovej-join-the-ixcoin-public-telegram-room.html

Anyone interested in IXcoin can join the telegram room here:
https://t.me/IXcoin_Official_Room
sandboxsand

View Profile
August 30, 2022, 11:34:31 AM

newwwsss?
realdantreccia

Activity: 666
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2022, 08:22:04 PM

If this is the last that was seen of cryptsy I'm sure a dev (familiar with back-end** work) would have an idea where the coins would be recovered... If so good for DVC too. MarkM had a lot of BTC there he said on buy sides.

From the many one, from one, the source
cornhodlr

View Profile
September 30, 2022, 12:02:34 PM

newwwsss?
No news or any new developments.
sandboxsand

View Profile
October 04, 2022, 08:21:47 PM

so 11 years and still no clear ideas
maybe in another 11 years ....
how can anyone get it when i too don't get all this Ixians thing... no clear dumb proof info and guidelines... too geeky
develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2022, 07:27:58 AM

I was waiting for more feedback from the IXC community, like in the golden age of forums but I guess people is busy somewhere else and this community got its heart iced during the crypto winter.

Have you guys lost faith on your own project?

Look, stuff happens sometimes, but somebody has to start the fire again! I'm already hiring a graphic designer that will help me for ixc.devcoin.org. The amount of IXC spent from the treasury of donations will be disclosed once all work is finished.

Let's awake the bear!

newwwsss?
No news or any new developments.

sandboxsand

View Profile
October 12, 2022, 02:14:20 PM

at least ask cmc to change the website link
what is ixcoin.net?
Eddyc

Activity: 1010
Merit: 391

View Profile
October 17, 2022, 03:24:56 PM
Merited by cornhodlr (1)

It seems impossible to look for new partnerships or at least get in touch with new exchanges to know the ticket prices and learn more to develop the community. This calm style of acting is in the past and in the present times all projects that are just under development and outside of free trade tend to get abandoned... What would it be like if Ixcoin was listed on Binance? Kucoin? Huobi? Gate? Coinex? FTX or any exchange that has a good trade volume? It's no use arguing about dragons, twins or even the possibility of being the Bitcoin clone (laugs). Natural marketing is good but it has to bring something real and that adds value and another important detail that we can't forget is that the code is open and anyone can contribute to the project.

The funniest or saddest thing is that we have a great possibility of finding this topic(Ixcoin) in 20 years and it's the same way.
cornhodlr

View Profile
October 17, 2022, 10:25:51 PM

We need a market maker and a good exchange because if ixcoin is worth nothing then all the IXC donations won't pay for much anyway.Ixcoin needs a good pump like the good ole days.Nobody is really "here for the tech"apart from the idealists.We want $$$ because without the $$$ lets face it we are going to be here in tumbleweed town forever.If the coin is worth trading then thats what brings in the community because $$$ makes the world go round.Anyone who says $$$ doesnt matter is deluded.We need rich bitcoin whales to make a market on a good exchange.
develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2022, 08:08:39 PM

Look, stuff happens sometimes, but somebody has to start the fire again! I'm already hiring a graphic designer that will help me for ixc.devcoin.org. The amount of IXC spent from the treasury of donations will be disclosed once all work is finished.

Just an sneak peek of what my designer and me are working for IXC.

DISCLAIMER

All contributions I do for IXC are unofficial .

sandboxsand

View Profile
October 19, 2022, 06:19:37 PM

small beginnings are ok but  ideas must be big ------- there is no solid idea behind this project yet  ---- white paper review could be a start
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: