Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:35:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins  (Read 4831 times)
sergeykravcov177

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:18:09 AM

I agree completely with the guys! bitcoin today is the biggest coin with a big capitalization! while at bitcoin nt of competitors, all other coins are very dependent on the price of bitcoin! We need at least 5 coins with bolshoy capitalization! then there will be no sharp jumps in the price due to the bitcoin course!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pokerap

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:21:24 AM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.
Maybe there will be no Altcoin who will win the game with Bitcoin, not for not being able to innovate, but because the big players will not let it. Bitcoin will always be maintained to keep the industry alive for a very long time.
bayarau

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:35:58 AM

The biggest problem with altcoins is the lack of a mechanism for protecting users from scam projects that have fraudulent schemes for extracting money from crypto-currency projects. Because of this, all the crypto-currency community suffers and for this reason, the crypto-currency does not have a global distribution and world recognition. When the risk insurance mechanisms are developed in the crypto currency, then its popularity and global recognition as a means of payment will return.
Milla Kross

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:56:44 AM

I consider crypts as a mistake of developers. This is an unfinished development strategy. Sometimes you look, and the crypt is good and growing. But then a sharp decline and all. And this shows the flaws. Well this is my guess
coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:16:00 PM

snip
Honestly, I will not say there is any problem with altcoin. And it is certainly not dependant on bitcoin. Coins like Prg, Icx and Neo are completely stable and their projects will help their price rise very soon.
The altcoins you mentioned are stable because they are backed by full established projects (compagnies) which can assure investors to be safe whatever the situation of the market; not to be sure that prices will rise (soon or late) but coinholders can track the activities of the project and easy make the decisions of buy/sell (this does not related to traders that can make profits from volatility even in scam coins). The point here is always to make researches before purchasing any altcoin.
FosterEgan

Activity: 149

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:16:07 PM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.
Honestly, I will not say there is any problem with altcoin. And it is certainly not dependant on bitcoin. Coins like Prg, Icx and Neo are completely stable and their projects will help their price rise very soon.
Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:33:09 PM

Maybe there will be no Altcoin who will win the game with Bitcoin, not for not being able to innovate, but because the big players will not let it. Bitcoin will always be maintained to keep the industry alive for a very long time.

No, in the future some altcoin can pass Bitcoin and become the king in cryptocurrency. What you are thinking is similar to before no one thought any corporation could surpass Yahoo or Nokia. But now you know, the two brands are gradually forgotten
MontagueEugene

Activity: 152

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:52:15 PM

Lol, what dependency? I don’t think that altcoins are dependant on bitcoin. These coins if you see, TAU, POWR and NEO are very excellent in their performance. They shall rise very soon this year due to their own capability.
anjir

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:08:32 PM

Admittedly the biggest problem of altcoins, depending on bitcoin prices. When bitcoin encounters problems almost all of the crypto currencies freeze.
lancealtar

Activity: 139

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:14:30 PM

Every day dozens of new altcoins are created but few of them bring any benefit. As a result, a lot of tokens aren't interesting for investors at the ICO stage. Developers should think about for whom and for what their product is created.
dusty_daniel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:24:34 PM

Altcoins are always depend on a Bitcoin price. You should accept this. May be in future some of the coins will be free but it will happen not soon

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
Hendramuliadi

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:28:11 PM

this is Game in Cryptocurrency, dependence on Bitcoin is the real thing. moreover we know Cryptocurrency is first known through Bitcoin, so do not expect altcoin to pass Bitcoin's price, anytime.
manish9841

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:41:44 PM

True that many shit coins exist and the people that are less aware gets trapped in. Pump and dump exists in low volume..and the innocents suffer. Unless there is some sort of compliance controls, it is difficult to achieve the results.
megaflux7

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:51:17 PM

Real talk. Every great thing is a process, I believe cryptocurrency would get there where alts price/value won't be dependent on satoshi/btc price.

I believe some genius are in the background currently working on it.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:53:34 PM

I think you are 100% right, this permanent state of submission of every altcoin to Bitcoin is surreal and it's the symptom of something really wrong in this whole game. Pump and dump groups exist also in stock markets, but in crypto they are more powerful and thus visible.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
dtimmy

Activity: 205

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:54:07 PM

That is true, a group of people who pump and dump a certain altcoin really affects the value and can be the reason for a project to fall. Those who can hold a lot of coins can manipulate this for own good. Another case for me that could affect this are bounty hunters who dump their coins real quick after the ICO.
rippar

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:58:43 PM

I guess that the biggest problem of alts is their liquidity. Because not all big exchanges are realy to list a new projects, so it makes the price of alt lower.
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:37:21 PM

What we’ve seen happen over the past year is that crypto-tokens have in some ways replaced Venture Capital for funding the very early stages of a startup enterprise. So they are democratizing access to early stage investment that usually is only open to rich people.

A lot of those projects are going to fail. They might have a good idea, but not great coders; they might have great programmers but not a good business or marketing sense. Some of them are just out-and-out scams or copycats trying to prey off the naive.

Halbert

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:05:37 PM

The biggest problem with altcoins is their instability and non-security. I'm sure that half of the existing coins can not withstand a strong dump.
ljp7839008

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:13:01 PM

Each coin depends on the bitcoin exchange rate! First of all, coins grow or fall in relation to the bitcoin exchange rate. In the second place is already on the demand in the market of this coin!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: