Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:36:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins  (Read 4834 times)
daxiake

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:08:55 PM

It's because it's hard to be recognized and to be trusted in the market. All of altcoins suffer from doubts and FUD that keeps them from standing on their feet unlike bitcoin that is already established before a lot of FUD arrives.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:01:14 AM

Yes, there is a dependence on bitcoin, and it is huge. this was especially evident in 2017. When bitcoin had growth and all other coins grew. Bitcoin has collapsed and altcoins is behind it.
Luu An

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:05:01 AM

I think the biggest problem right now is the increasing number of fake coins and ICO's and if that can't be controlled we would be seeing a dying economy of altcoins. We need more security tokens right now or platforms that can secure us from these fraud ICO
javerzky

Activity: 159

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 04:07:30 AM

will yes you are right but if you know that the alts have a good project in the future i guess i am not worried about the dumping of the coins at the early exchange that the coin are listed, i rather preferred to buy even more since i know that the coin is worth to hold and get good profit in the future

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
aokiji06

Activity: 256

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:54:37 AM

it is true that the current price of bitcoin is still controlling other altcoins, but it is possible that someday it will be displaced by an altcoin, a very good altcoin project will be able to shift the existence of bitcoin, such as ETH, NEO and new altcoins that are successful. a competitor of bitcoin, only now many failed ICOs can also reduce confidence in them, so the altcoin problem depends on whether or not a project is good

░░░░░░░░░░░░░   POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░
GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
Gorodcoin

Activity: 264

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:26:57 PM

I think the biggest problems of altcoins is SCAM and also s#it coins with nothing behind them. This is why alts have bad reputation, and the good one undervalued
ernoo

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:39:05 PM

That is just true, the market does show independency from Bitcoin very rarely, and not sure when it can finaly change.
leialdover

Activity: 243

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:43:49 PM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

I agree with you. So when bitcoin dies, it will surely be the end of cryptocurrency. But i think that would still takes time. So when inveating in altcoins always diversify and choose alts that has great potential.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Aggioni

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:46:03 PM

I also don't like it. Some projects have their own idea and roadmap and some of them are quite successful. Anyway if it is bear market, then no chance to see big growth. It's disappointing.
cryptocyprus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:32:06 PM

It was not always like this. Most altcoins strongly depend on bitcoin, but not all of them. At the beginning of the year, when bitcoin had already fallen dramatically, the Ethereum cost more than a thousand dollars, because it was in demand in various ICOs. Bitcoin has a strong effect on all cryptomarket because of its high capitalization compared to other cryptocurrencies.
I agree, but this can not be called independence, as if for example Ethereum would be independent, then It would not have fallen so much in price and would not have fallen in price at all, since the demand for it is constantly present, even during the drawdown or even more so during the drawdown.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
CriptoNata

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:36:55 PM

I think the biggest problem is a scam and a lot of promises that are not carried out by many companies (a lot of deception unfortunately ((
suhano

Activity: 86
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:50:33 PM

The biggest problem with altcoins is that it can't stop those scams. There is currently no effective regulation for scams, so investors easyly to be deceived. Real projects will also be lost money because of many scams, so that the price performance in the market is not ideal.
scam happen everywhere, trust me, even the regulated ones like initial public offering (IPO) sometimes being used to scam people and as a money grabber.
It's just really hard to prevent such thing from appearing since there's some people that always have bad intention so better watch yourself. If im being honest, other fundraising method like kickstarter and crowdfunding impose the same risk.

I agree that other investment opportunities bear similar risks despite having limited or zero transparency. I invested in a startup and it is hard to engage with the CEO directly, similar case with kickstarter or other platforms...in crypto you can talk directly to the team and many CEO likes the one at Sparkster or Oyster will respond to you, they engage with their community directly.
suhano

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:02:08 PM

The biggest problem with altcoins is that the bandwidth of the Ethereum's network is 20 operations per second. This is already very little.

Yes that is indeed very little, but also Ethereum is scaling up, there will be an update coming called Constantinople that uses some binary technique to be able to use a lot more computing power...I am no engineer but it sounded very compelling to me.
roller24

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:20:13 PM

I think that the main problem is a very large number of altcoins. it is for this reason that prices are falling.
Hudora

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 07:29:57 AM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.
Altcoin has a lot of problems and I wouldn't invest all my money in him. I don't think that's gonna lead to anything good.
Dandyhunter

Activity: 910
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 07:32:52 AM

The most important problem of altcoins is the impossibility of their implementation in people's lives now. It takes a lot of time for the crypto currency to become a part of people's lives.
hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 07:36:27 AM

Each of the coins has its own advantages and disadvantages, and each project, with its technology develops in different ways, but the most important is that the price of all altcoins depends on the price of bitcoin.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
donskova29

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:49:46 PM

The price of all altcoins is now at a very low price and I think it's all because of bitcoin
donskova29

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:50:08 PM

The price of all altcoins is now at a very low price and I think it's all because of bitcoin
kipozer

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:53:50 PM

The big problem is only that the developers have no control, that is, the community has no control over the developers' funds, because it is necessary to avoid the possibility to invest in scam projects.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: