Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:59:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins  (Read 4830 times)
CazzataMalanga (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:59:05 AM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:33:16 PM

Yes, the situation is really the same as you described. Especially now, after incredible growth, the topic of crypto-currencies has attracted too many people
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:43:41 PM

If you're looking for a candidate that could par bitcoin, then the nearest answer to that would be Ethereum. I picked it judging on the highest marketcap in next to bitcoin and the usage.
On our local online exchanger, ethereum have already its own way for converting directly to our fiat. It doesn't depend now to bitcoin in cashing out  Cheesy

As for the price, I think it is not because altcoins are dependent to bitcoin but it is about their same type. Both are cryptocurrencies and either of the two will be favored out in a time.
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:05:30 PM

I saw month ago - NEO has done it pretty good , i mean it did not fall in price, when BTC went down and dragged all altcoins with him. For me this is a good sign , that coin gained the power and not so dependent from Bitcoin.

freezzeer

Activity: 451
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:08:25 PM

BTC is the king of every coins,There fore they must have a dependencies with both.But Other  blockchain techonologies are pretty good rather than BTC
worldooftanks

Activity: 266
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:10:55 PM

At the moment,it all depends on the BTC,where it will go there and the violas will go,but perhaps in the near future we will see a different picture, everything is possible on the cryptocurrency market.
JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 08:36:52 PM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

This may very well change as more and more altcoins slowly becomes purchasable (and can be directly cashed out) with Fiat w/o having to go through Bitcoin, and exchanges adding other master-coins for other coins to be paired-with not just with bitcoin.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
CazzataMalanga (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:08:52 PM

If you're looking for a candidate that could par bitcoin, then the nearest answer to that would be Ethereum. I picked it judging on the highest marketcap in next to bitcoin and the usage.
On our local online exchanger, ethereum have already its own way for converting directly to our fiat. It doesn't depend now to bitcoin in cashing out  Cheesy

As for the price, I think it is not because altcoins are dependent to bitcoin but it is about their same type. Both are cryptocurrencies and either of the two will be favored out in a time.

Oh, I'm heavily invested in ETH, no worries. BTCs I have none at this time. Sold them with a profit and won't get back into it until price hits the 5 000 mark again. Which probably won't happen.
CazzataMalanga (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:15:19 PM

I saw month ago - NEO has done it pretty good , i mean it did not fall in price, when BTC went down and dragged all altcoins with him. For me this is a good sign , that coin gained the power and not so dependent from Bitcoin.

I have NEO too and I'm very positive about it's success. I think it could be where ETH is now.....the 800 range. Even higher a few years from now.
VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:40:08 PM

The problem that most altcoin have is that it is affected by the fluctuation of bitcoin. Most of the time when bitcoin fluctuates, the whole of the cryptocurrency market fluctuates as the market trend is disturbed. I think the new altcoin to succeed must build a strong enough community to support it in times of market changes.

manhont

Activity: 518
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:10:30 AM

Oh, I'm heavily invested in ETH, no worries. BTCs I have none at this time. Sold them with a profit and won't get back into it until price hits the 5 000 mark again. Which probably won't happen.

And not for nothing you did it, this year from ether everyone is waiting for growth, some even call 2018 ether year

daow403

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:25:00 AM

I think there will be a big breakthrough in altcoins, there will be new innovations to lead the digital currency world.
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:17:18 PM

Very good points made. All that you said are true and they affect altcoins very much. The pump and dump groups make the whole situation very serious. It causes fluctuations here and there and the gap is also large. But one thing I always say is that, the future is always bright. Altcoins will one day gain the limelight they deserve, and it all depends on acceptability of cryptocurrency. As more people accept crypto there's the chance of getting a need and usefulness of altcoins(and that will make them fly high or trade better). I think developers of altcoins should also create realistic projects. If your project is not interesting, no one joins and then the usefulness of the coin becomes questionable. I also think trading altcoins against bitcoin is good in someway, because in real life people perform better when the competition is very tight. And looking at the trend of new incoming coins, a competition will be created sometime in the future and that will also help make altcoins better
icoprofits

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:41:01 PM

yes even after having best technology in hand most of top altcoins are depending on bitcoin chart so bitcoin dominance is low these days but dependency on bitcoin is still there
nhaila

Activity: 993
Merit: 250

Moonbet.io

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 03:07:46 PM

the problem from the first until now is still the same hackers and the like is there another problem?

.MOONBET.[]]          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░       
       ░░▒░░▒█████▒░░▒░     
    ░▓██▓▓███████████▓▓██▓   
   ▓███████▓░     ░▓███████▒ 
  ▓▒▒▓██▒             ▒██▓▒▓▓
 ▒▒░▓█▓         ▒▓█▓    ▓█▓░▒░
▒██▒██        ▒████      ██▒█▓
▓██▓█▒     ███████       ▓█▓██
▒██▒███   ▒▒██████       ██▒█▓
 ░▒░▓██▓░   ▓▓ ▓█░      ▒█▓░▒░
  ▓▒▒▓███████          ▓█▓▒▓▒
   ▒██▓███████▓░ █▓ ▒██████▒ 
     ▓██▒▓▓██████████▓▓██▓   
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
          ░░░░░░░░░░░        
[]           ▓███████████████████
        ▓▓▓█▒▒▓               █
 ░▓▓█████▓▓█▒▓█               █
██▓▓▓░     █▒██               █
██ ▓█░     █▓      ▒██▓       █
 ██▓█▒     █▓    ▒██████▓░    █
  █▓    ████▓   ██████████▓   █
  ▓█    ████▒   ███████████   █
   ██   ▓███▓   ▓█████████    █
   ░█▓    ▒█▓       ███       █
    ██     █▓         ░    ▓█▓█
     ██    █▓              ▓█▒█
     ▒█▓   █▓ ░      ░░░░░░▒▓ █
      ██   ▓▓▓▓████████████████
       ███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
[]
> TWITTER
> DISCORD
> MEDIUM
> TELEGRAM
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:11:04 PM

Biggest problems with altcoins is that their performance is measured in terms of BTC. Given BTC is gold and if goes down the whole alt train goes down.

Sergo Grigo

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:46:24 PM

Of course, the price of bitcoin affects the situation of the entire crypto-currency market and who denies it apparently does not understand anything in the crypto currency. I doubt that in the near future altcoyins will be able to dislodge bitcoin from the leading positions.
Igorgnome

Activity: 252

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:11:35 PM

I hope that Pavel Durov's ICO and his ton coin for Telegram network can occupy this niche. Perhaps by the end of 2018, or 2019 we will have a coin that is free from the influence of bitcoin. Why? I believe that the main reason for the importance of bitcoin is hype around. The film can overshadow their bitcoin hype.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:29:53 PM

Yes, it should be acknowledged that the biggest problem of altcoyins is the price dependence on the bitcoin course. Now, when exactly bitcoin had problems, almost all the crypto-currency market froze for two months already. Perhaps the solution to this problem is to, say, bitcoin be excluded from price pairs on exchanges and exchangers? Leave for this ethereum, a few more worthy coins, and bitcoin to remove altogether. Maybe then, if it does not, then dependence will be weakened.

jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:39:39 PM

Have you watched the price changes today. Bitcoin and all the altcoins in the market shows different level of spikes on the market. I do not why people involved in trading keep on saying that bitcoin and altcoins co-relevant in the price changes.
Who you mean bro Charlie the litecoin founder or Vilalik the Eth founder. On altcoins side I believe these two achieved their life time success already. Still making the big money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: