Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:59:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin affects students' performance in school  (Read 2468 times)
emulsifryer

Activity: 337
Merit: 10

Bet2dream.com

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:13:11 PM

As far as I can observe being a teacher, I am definitely happy that my students are involve in cryptocurrencies and they earn for themselves and help their families. But, their school perfomance is getting worse. Please give your thoughts how will you help students to earn and at the same time it won't affect their school works?

I can relate because I am also a student. It is hard to study and work here simultaneously because this is time-consuming and there are deadlines to be met, same with school works. Time management is extremely important here.
Yes i agree about your situation and statement that time management is extremely important and as a student you must know how to deal with it. Even if you do not have a chance to stay in touch with your mind, it will take you a while to come.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Bet2Dream ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬  Get Free Bal($) When You Register! Join Now!  ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬  Referral & Mining Program | Event & Daily Rewards! | Bet2Dream NFT Club! ▬▬▬
Ashe-J

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:19:17 PM

Yeaah its even too BAD as i can see on my little brother .. After he see me working on trading & cryptocurrency he also believed on that but he ignore his studies more and more and forget that studying is more important for his 16 years age.
  So please control your little brothers and childrens because simply they didnt know whats better for them.
Marine8

Activity: 195

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 01:24:09 PM

That is absolutely true. The moment they start earning what is comparable to the monthly salary of a worker they know,they may even consider quiting school to do bitcoin trading for life. You dont have to blame them too,because image making what someone makes in a month,in a single day.Ofcourse,it will definately affect your attention.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:40:02 PM

As far as I can observe being a teacher, I am definitely happy that my students are involve in cryptocurrencies and they earn for themselves and help their families. But, their school perfomance is getting worse. Please give your thoughts how will you help students to earn and at the same time it won't affect their school works?

That is pretty lame their performance is more affected by Candy Crush, Pokemon Go , and Clash of Clams. Bitcoin has nothing to do with the short attention span generation.

jdeanne92

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:45:25 PM

It would be bad if they set aside their studies for crypto. Education is still the best asset a person could have. If you have no luck in crypto then you can use your learning to find a job that will suit you
judemarco1996

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:45:44 PM

It is already been accepted that students are already been involved in bitcoin, it helps them in their finances. If it does affects there school performance, i guess they need to re-evaluate their purpose or goals in life and what are their priorities in life, in that case, we need to advice them prioritize whats important t them.
Morgann

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:49:10 PM

i dont think so im a bitcoiner but my performance in school is getting more better. i dont think it will affects my school performance. now bitcoin giving me chance to stand alone, i use bitcoin as a payment for my tuition now. im graduating student and bitcoin helps me to achieve my dreams thats why im very thankful.
micashane

Activity: 115

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:50:05 PM

I think this matter would depends on the individual how he/she handle his own to make his life worse that can also affect t
his performance in school. Me as a student, I think first my study but at the same time I am doing some thing that involve cryptocurrency. It depends on the person if he/she can't handle his own to make his/her performance in school be, It's not the cryptocurrency.
Lodipetmalu

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:51:45 PM

Is does bitcoin really affects performace in school, it will depends on the student on how he put on his mind that even he already having transactions, he should not let his grades down.
leynuuuh

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:58:58 PM

I am a student of education. I am at my graduating year and will take the license exam this coming summer. My studies was not affected since I was involved in cryptocurrencies. Yes, this is my personal income and I pay my tuition with my earnings but I did not let my studies. 
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:08:20 PM

you don't need to continue your school if you are a crypto billionare lol
Just kidding, you need to split time for your school to cover you if you bankrupt at crypto XD
iyamoxjhian

Activity: 356

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:12:36 PM

Well it depends on the strategy, skills, personality, interest and motivations of a student. If he or she will only uses doing bitcoin as a motivation to achieve successful future for him or her then I would assume that he or she will also do very good in school. I have known few of them who gets inspired in doing bitcoin as this really helps them to achieve better and give their family a worth of living in blessings. And if they would only take a look at students who doesn't know bitcoin at all but strive hard to get money for their everyday expenses, I think they would highly appreciate doing bitcoin rather than doing sideline jobs in the streets.

GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:20:54 PM

To be honest, it depends on how responsible a student is. I myself is a still a student who relies in Bitcoin to help me finance myself but I for once haven't forgot about my studies and had an average grade of B+. You should consult your students and approach them to give them some advice. It's not Bitcoin's fault but it was students entirely.  Smiley
I agree,  sometimes you need to look in a different angle to saw what is the true problem. I think the problem is the student,  being irresponsible and lack of discipline. I am also a college student and I am not affected by the bitcoin.

Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:50:37 PM

I agree with you it really affects their performance and even skipped classes due to laziness to wake up early. I myself have a friend that is very hooked into crypto even he has an upcoming exam he is unfocused to study because all of his thoughts are into crypto and his investments. I always advice him to focus on his studies and set aside crypto first though it will greatly him help financially in the future but education is more important before anything else but ofcourse it all depends to students if how he is responsible and discipline to manage his time.
fishball (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:56:45 PM

To be honest, it depends on how responsible a student is. I myself is a still a student who relies in Bitcoin to help me finance myself but I for once haven't forgot about my studies and had an average grade of B+. You should consult your students and approach them to give them some advice. It's not Bitcoin's fault but it was students entirely.  Smiley

Thank you for your honest reply! I am glad that you and everybody else got the point. They are actually the ones who told me that they kind a feel lazy because of the deadlines so i told them that time management is a must. That though they earn a lot, still they need to prioritize their studies.
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:00:09 PM

What makes you think their school performance is being affected by Crypto rather than the thousand and one other things going on in their lives?
My first thought was about it.
For teacher, you have to explain this somehow, better investments in knowledges than short investments in crypto.
bulls3y3

Activity: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:03:56 PM

It depends on the students. But totally most of all students will probably affect their studies because of bitcoin. The students will not focus on their studies anymore, especially if thats student gains income in bitcoin. Everything that in its mind is all about bitcoin.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:12:05 PM

I will give you a definite answer to your query ,the young kids are involved in crypto currency not in the form of investors but to collect the free bounties and join all the campaigns possible ,i really do think that this forum is the prime reason that there are more users in this platform and that is the fact. My thought process is that the kids should concentrate in their education rather than to find ways to make money.
ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:18:09 PM

I think yes . It will affect there performance because they are now focusing on how to earn instead of focusing in there studies. And i think they fail there grades if that happen. Thats why gor not recommend to teach children bitcoin. Let them play and learn
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 03:21:25 PM

I personally think that yes its affected on performance of students in school. In many developed countries where money is the most important thing to survive, students are approaching and taking more and more interest towards easy way of earning some fiat currency with help of altcoins and other cryptocurrencies. And at certain level they also get successful. But this is so risky for the bright future of such students, especially who are not performing well in academics.

Bitcoin is nothing but the revolutionary, top end quality technology of quantum physics and cryptography, which are so much complected and hard to understand to common person without having any basic knowledge.

So my honest suggestion as well as request to newbies spend more energy, money and time to learn what are these future technologies, this will help to become more confident and comfort while using these decentralized technologies.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: