Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:09:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin affects students' performance in school  (Read 2468 times)
Nikolya

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:56:00 PM

There is no doubt that their way of developing the crypto currency will be in the youth environment as the most progressive section of society.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:58:30 PM

There is no doubt that their way of developing the crypto currency will be in the youth environment as the most progressive section of society.

It is the parents responsibility when the child is a kid to know what they are doing. So if they are into btc then they should know what their children are upto and are they using it in a right manner. Had their being no btc children would be driven by something else which interest them so as such btc is not a reason for their performance.
simmo77

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:00:55 PM

in this case, I believe that everything depends on the student himself. before taking on any investment, not necessarily in bitcoin, it is necessary to study all its subtleties, advantages and disadvantages, as well as risks, and from this to build on. in principle, the process of investing and deepening the technical process about crypto-currencies, as well as in the economy, can be of interest to students in terms of self-study.
aishyoo17

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:02:20 PM

As far as I can observe being a teacher, I am definitely happy that my students are involve in cryptocurrencies and they earn for themselves and help their families. But, their school perfomance is getting worse. Please give your thoughts how will you help students to earn and at the same time it won't affect their school works?
We can not blame bitcoin for poor academic performance of students. As a matter of fact, this would help them on how to manage their time properly, being a working student on fast food chains is much tiring and time consuming than doing bicoin tasks. Moreover, there are related topics from treads that might be useful to students, like, economics and trading, statistics, history, and etc.
Bitcoin can help them financially if they know how to use it, but they need to know that education is much needed in real life so we have something we should be proud of,  I hope students will use bitcoin to help them in their education not to replace their education.
Agree, education should be top priority for kids because this is something they can bring for the rest of their life. What would you do with your money if you are not educated enough. You may not learn everything in school but the experience and the learnings you will go through can never be replaced with money.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:05:01 PM

As far as I can observe being a teacher, I am definitely happy that my students are involve in cryptocurrencies and they earn for themselves and help their families. But, their school perfomance is getting worse. Please give your thoughts how will you help students to earn and at the same time it won't affect their school works?
I am a students and I can say that there is no bad effect in studying and patronizing bitcoin! Actually, I can understand the subject of Economics well because bitcoin helped me to improve my knowledge.
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:53:16 PM

Hi there fishball! I hope you are a good teacher that will be given thanks by those pupils when they grew up. I think teaching them the right way to manage their time for study and bitcoin is more appropriate than stopping what they have started. There are readings that I have read that in Korea, there are students that even create a club to recruit more students in promoting bitcoin. And I think the university didn't even stop what they have created. But the thing is, just like bitcoin, there should be rules and policies that must be implemented to retain the balance of learning new things and learning lessons from the school.
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:00:55 PM

I am a students and I can say that there is no bad effect in studying and patronizing bitcoin! Actually, I can understand the subject of Economics well because bitcoin helped me to improve my knowledge.
we had the same situation. I am also a student but I can say bitcoin does not affect my everyday living in a bad way but the fact is it affect my life in a good way. Bitcoin really helps with my financial issues.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:27:18 PM

I thought they should shift course and focus on a degree that is more related to finance so that their skills set could be more enhance. But that is a decision of a students and not yours. Just what my teacher said, failing in a subject doesn't mean you are not knowledgeable sometime it just says you are prioritizing other activity that suit you that negates from your studies. So if they didn't perform well, there is a chance to give them failing grade and let them decide if they still want to pursue their studies or their extra activities or select other course that will do both.  
janaiz

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:45:05 PM

I think it depends in the student on how he/she will handle it, but one thing I see why their performance is getting worse is because they are earning while they are studying, the thinking of these students are, i'm earning big why the hell I still need to study. Maybe for you as a teacher the only thing you can help them is giving them advice so that their future will be more great full if they still finish their school.
Cheenguboc143

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:33:51 PM

Its depends on the persons outlook in life.  If how he can handle the situation,  student should be responsible in that situation  , it's there choice,  not the bitcoin at all..   they should be prepared for the consequences of their choice.
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1414
Merit: 358

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:37:51 PM

It depends on the students, there are students who are gaining more knowledge through cryptocurrencies and there are also students who getting bad effect to their school performance because of cryptocurrencies.
Ascredo

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:46:16 PM

It depends on what they want to be when they grow up. There are useful skills to learn from bitcoin, not just mathematics and computing, but also trading skills and market research. Education should come first though of course
Loveaaronbaby

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:50:28 PM

I think that's going to happen. My classmate, since he knew that bitcoin can earn a lot of income, he spent a lot of time doing things about bitcoin every day, which seriously affected his study. He didn't pass the final exam because he didn't take the time to study.
pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:52:50 PM

I think it totally depends on concrete student cos it's kinda possible to be "successful" both at studying and crypto. Anyway, it's hard to give u notes about it... hm, good question.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:54:26 PM

At the end of the day we study in our schools because we want to earn money someday but today what matters most is to have a money on how we are going to sustain our daily needs and it does not matter if it affects our studies because we will still work at the end of the day.
Harley29

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:21:16 PM

there is a positive aspect if you introduce crypto currency to your students, one of them visas have their own income. but it will be bad for the way they learn. they will be focused on earning money compared to the learning that has become their obligation
Well it is not that bad if they make their own earning with bitcoin, according to me bitcoin is not distracting them from their studies but bitcoin is making them more and more well knowledge and well experiences generation, bitcoin made all students independent to earn, they are no more a Burden and no one will say them to stop education only because of financial crises as they will have their own earning, so bitcoin is the best thing for students and for teachers as well.
rerek007

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:00:16 AM

It can not affect the students it up to the students  how she can manage it so far for her self
DarLim11

Activity: 151

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:03:56 AM

Being a student I can see how cryptocurrencies can affect our performance. I often use lots of time in watching bitcoin charts and postings. It often shaves my time for studying by atleast 1 hour. I don't know if crypto really did affect or I just became lazy last semester.
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:09:11 AM

It was a very nice thing that most of the students today has already have a knowledge about cryptocurrency and how it really works, it only means that bitcoins is slowly being accepted by the community.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:12:28 AM

I think somehow it does affect the student's performance. Earning a lot of money at young age is somehow not good for students because they might think thay earning money is easy and that they do not need to do well at school since they will be earning through crypto when they graduate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: