Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:10:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC?  (Read 4513 times)
geverciss

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:34:08 PM

Yes I do. For now I see almost all ICOs require a KYC. For in the future I think that 100% of the ICOs will require a KYC.

Sadly but I think you are absolutely right, although personally, I despise every idea of KYC. I bet there will be no more real anonymity in cryptomarket in the nearest future.
DMiracle1

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:13:19 PM

Recently, a particular ICO that i've participated in demanded KYC to everybody that participated in their bounty regardless. Either you're an investor or bounty campaigner and added that campaigners will not be payed unless they do KYC. Naturally most of the bounty campaigners declined to the idea. So the ICOS's admin changed their pinned message to " only people of interest will do KYC ". I just go with the flow. If they will require me, definitely i will do it. Knowing that my payout depends on it. Who would want their hard earned payment go to waste in exchange of a simple task, doing KYC?
juiceannabel

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:19:33 PM

it is depend on the situation, if the ICO has a great potential on their project, why not ?
but if nothing great in the project, dont even bother it. you will lose your coins.
rlclub

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:49:02 PM

First pick the right ICO by doing the due diligence on the business plan, the team, and the compelling reason why blockchain creates differentiating value.  If that checks out, KYC is a formality.

Check out the ICO for RLCoin, an enterprise solution for loyalty: www.rlcoin.io.  The product has existing traction with 250 clients and partners in Europe and Asia.
HoaNguyen

Activity: 238

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:53:32 PM

ICOs only require KYCs for investors with amounts of money higher than 10 ETH. The majority of bounties with bounty hunters do not need KYC. Because they just need KYCs who own a large number of tokens because they are afraid of impacting the ICO rate when they sell or buy large amounts of Token.

amitkumratra

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:19:27 PM

No, I have not done it yet but i have no problem to do it, if project is perfect.
Before submit the KYC first i would read out the whole whitepaper and roadmap of the company, and make a small inquiry about the team which is behind the project is available with original name on internet or not and how much experience they have in blockchain activities.
After collecting all the information regarding project and after my satisfaction, then there is no problem to submit the KYC.
blozo

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 02:21:44 PM

Currently, almost all ICOs require a KYC procedure. I'm looking only for serious projects that I can trust with my ETH and my documents

realsmans

Activity: 196

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:27:03 PM

Yes, because this is additional plus for project, as it means that they are legal, and they require legal investors.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:35:21 PM

ICOs only require KYCs for investors with amounts of money higher than 10 ETH. The majority of bounties with bounty hunters do not need KYC. Because they just need KYCs who own a large number of tokens because they are afraid of impacting the ICO rate when they sell or buy large amounts of Token.
That depends on the ico agreement itself. Some projects are putting around 10 ethereum for minimum investment to apply KYC for those are investing around 10 ethereum or more. But in another project i was seeing so many projects are using KYC as a mandatory to the every ico participant. Not all of ICOs applied that agreement.

justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:53:17 PM

Well honestly no i don't join in any airdrops or bounty campaigns that requires KYC since there are some ICOs do not require verification to withdraw to tokens why? because my personal information, government IDs some stuff will comprimised can be used to illegal activities and used in banks to apply credit loans or worst but if i ever will be joining in a bounty campaign or airdrop, i will make sure the ICO's roadmap and the team profiles legit.
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:58:36 PM

I think that KYC verification when investing in ICOs is a necessity because it will make the investment become more transparent and avoid the risk of buying large amounts of speculators in order to dominate their co-currency cryprocurrency. KYC verification thus limits the shortcomings experienced by ICO projects.
DmitriySar

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:00:32 PM

I do not want to disclose my data, but if the project causes sympathy, I have no choice, and I fill out KYC. It is desirable that the verification was known in advance.
hartfrerk

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:17:12 PM

Only if I'm sure of the project.
e.g. If ICO or bounty program is running and tokens are already on exchange then I will fill out KYC. It shows some reliability for me.
But if the proj has just started and they require KYC I will think it over very precautiously. Because the tokens may never even come to exchange and I'll lose my personal data.
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:18:34 PM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

yes absolutely your right. kyc requires from airdrops are scam, they want to use you identity on some other bad activity, so for me to have a KYC in airdrops and bounty is not necessary to implement. we are bounty hunters and not a client or customer either, we published their project to got paid and not to invest in.
CryptoClown

Activity: 261

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:22:37 PM

I didn't mind joining ICOs with KYC's first but after reading some posts that my data could be used in some things not appropriate I choose to not join ICOs even if they are really promising. I know we are not really safe in hacking and such since we've been using computer and other gadgets everyday and there are times that we need to login to these devices that could compromise our identity but still protecting ourselves is our responsibility. I'd like to spare myself from future identity thief problems in the future.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:31:46 PM

Joining ICO which requires KYC is solely your call, if you feel the company is good and believe in its terms then go ahead or else avoid joining in them. Normally they ask KYC to make sure the funds are not used by terrorism and money laundering, I think most of the ICO's are asking for this now and this is been a rule for them before or after crowd sale of their coins.
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:32:17 PM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

KYC is only for safety and nothing too worry about it, get your ID take picture, up load it and problem solve. If you're afraid your private information stolen just leave the ICO is better I believe. Until now my KYC always accepted and my data/ account still safe, so I'll keep participate with ICO with or with out KYC.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:50:00 PM

If it is a project I really like and believe in it. I will do KYC, because of regulations KYC is required for projects to get listed on exchanges

dungthuy

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:00:17 PM

KYC to team know cilents,they want know information of cilents where crptyo don't ban by law
greenclub09

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:05:40 PM

i am a very careful person, when i research ICOs that needs to verify my informations, i surely will not invest my money into it no matter how good it can be. Loosing information on the internet is a serious problem that more serious than loosing money. If our informations is not kept carefully, our entire life will be effected badly by governments and society.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: