Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 01:56:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC?  (Read 4513 times)
Vaerros

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:45:47 AM

why? is it bad when ICO has somehting secure and what may keep your funds under a strict control?  Undecided
jassanpary

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:00:24 AM

why? is it bad when ICO has somehting secure and what may keep your funds under a strict control?  Undecided
cryptocurrency is a decentralized currency then why should we give KYC information to ICOs, bitcoin is ynlike fiat money where KYC is necessary. So I think in bitcoin KYC not requires it creates necessary problems, identity shouldn't be revealed then it would be better.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:25:29 AM

When I believe in the ICO that KYC requires, I provide my information.
 They ask the KYC to make sure that the funds are not being used by terrorism, and also to get information about the investor and now most ICOs are asking about it. Of course, the introduction of KYS does not please me, because it is the provision of my data, but I want to get a profit)
Actually, for me it is okay to join Ico's that requires Kyc that we submit our identification. But before doing that we have to make sure that project is good and with really has capable of development of the project. It is necessary for some Ico just to follow with some regulations and just to protect investors benefit.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:28:27 AM

There are a lot of scams that want to get your info and that's the downside of doing KYC for bounties for ICO but it also help with not cheating the system.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
Kilomans

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:29:50 AM

For me the answer is yes. Why nit . It's not a problem to complite KYC if u  r not using multiaccount and other stuff like that. So yeah  sure. I think very soon all ico will need to complite KYC for sure.
sabakamedvet

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

Get Paid to Play your Media on Current

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:34:29 AM

I have been doing it without much thought (picture of ID) , would hesitate more to give away passport information. But I start to think that maybe that have been a misstake (worried about identify theft)....
So from now on I will only do it for projects that I know is 100% legit.

▃▃  ────▾ CURRENT ▾────  ▃▃
█ ▁ Get Paid to Play All Your Media ▁ █ (http://current.us/)
inthelongrun

Activity: 1792
Merit: 598

The Martian Child

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:45:14 AM

I did invested some ICOs but I haven't tried one that requires KYC. Lately these KYC requirements just started when some governments are strictly regulating crypto currencies.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:56:34 AM

One simple word - No. This whole KYC fiasco is seriously disturbing and something that I do not support at all. It goes against what bitcoin and the crypto world stands for which is why I am against it. So many ICOS and companies conducting airdrops these days are actively asking for KYC these days which is completely messed up and people are willing to give away their information for quick profits which I understand, but more and more people need to boycott such campaigns so that they can stop this bullshit soon. I hope the crypto community rises up against this fiasco.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:16:20 AM

One simple word - No. This whole KYC fiasco is seriously disturbing and something that I do not support at all. It goes against what bitcoin and the crypto world stands for which is why I am against it. So many ICOS and companies conducting airdrops these days are actively asking for KYC these days which is completely messed up and people are willing to give away their information for quick profits which I understand, but more and more people need to boycott such campaigns so that they can stop this bullshit soon. I hope the crypto community rises up against this fiasco.
Also think. Definitely no! It's not difficult but for what? The main idea for crypto is decentralized and anonymity. And in this time we link docs and wallet self. And that's not what I'm saying about darknet and other places with that KYC. However, nobody worries about leaks.
That's why once more - NO!
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 07:26:54 AM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I dont join ICOs that requires KYC since it they are requiring a very sensitive information that if go to the wrong hands may caused chaos to that person. They cannot also guarantee to the KYC participant that the information they are requiring is in safe hands and will be responsible if anything happens related to it. They must solve this issue first before I join them.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
janpec1000

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Play2Live presale starts on 25th January

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:33:22 PM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I don't want to join in ICOs that requires KYC. But quite often KYC  to will be announced later after

Tim2412

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:11:12 PM

for me KYC is a  tool to reduce volume of bounty distribution. and  a lot  of members will miss  the deadline of  KYC registration and some of them will faild registration
Aschcraw

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:16:16 PM

i lose all my money in ICO .
ICO need to be banned . fuck all scams .
DAOfan

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:17:11 PM

I would never invest in an ICO that required KYC. I barely trust Coinbase with my personal information. Read my lips: THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY YOUR PERSONAL INFO IS SAFE!

Major companies cant keep this stuff safe with multi million dollar security budgets. How do you expect some 22 year old programmers with no business experience and a treasure trove of personal information to do it? If you do 10 ICOs that require KYC a year, you *will* have your information stolen and sold on the dark web. (In many cases that info alone is worth more than the stupid token that is ICOing.)

Meet IP Exchange. Distributed network layer.
Join IPSX Token Sale  ─── 『 https://ip.sx/
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:30:21 PM

I do not like kyc in ico, because i've been disappointed with some ic that require kyc. The data I have given is never accepted by the organizers, even though the data is genuine have my own.
Sometimes they also ask for copies of utility bills or water on our behalf, but what if we rent a house or apartment and certainly his bill is not our name.
They also sometimes do not accept the id cards of some countries and only accept passports. This is a problem for me and maybe for other investors.
Maybe you have some problem with your data or probably it is not clear enough. I have never had any of these problems with any ICO since all my data are usually intact anyway. It is usually swift, so you may have to do a rescan or recheck what you have been sending. However, ICO requesting KYC verification is not new to me, if that is what the team needs, I always do not mind doing that as long as I am sure of the project I am putting my funds into, that is all that matters anyway.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
dogbackwards

Activity: 274
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:33:33 PM

No. I don't tend to join ICOs that require KYC. It's just not worth it to me to give out my information for digital tokens, when I can go buy any other coin or token and stay anonymous.
dutchkay

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:42:03 PM

Depending on the ICO and the team behind it, I don't mind doing an ICO demanding for KYC. I will advice before undergoing on such ICO do proper research on the Devs behind it. They must be visible and have a valid social presence, also check their partner companies and ensure its not fabricated. Most of the KYC ICO I joined all delivered successfully but know that most of them are scams.
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:18:35 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 05:55:15 PM by AUruHM

No. I don't tend to join ICOs that require KYC. It's just not worth it to me to give out my information for digital tokens, when I can go buy any other coin or token and stay anonymous.
Definitely no! I try to not take part in such ICO. More and more projects need KYC for bounty even. It crosses all borders. Who can guarantee that my docs not to be sold anywhere?
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:40:58 AM

I have, but I tend to choose the ICOs I invest in very carefully, so I have a certain level of trust at least in those running the show. If I was throwing money into more ICOs looking for quick flips, even if I don't believe in the team/product/etc, then I might be a lot more wary of doing KYC.
Right, KYC should not be anyone's problem unless of course those in the US who have been prevented from participating in ICOs, but for as long as the ICO is one that promises to be a great one, KYC is something that is really not a problem for me in anyway.

They want to know me, so be it. I am quite choosy on ICOs and if it is project with a good team that obviously should mean a lot, then I will gladly do all the verification that is needed.
athiftammam2018

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:20:07 PM

I recently joined a project that required to follow the KYC procedure but at the end after the ICO was completed. But in fact I'm still confused because if I submit personal information to 'them' I fear my data will be used for unwanted things. on the other hand, I am interested because the pay is legit even though my rank is still junior member. What is clear I just hope that the project that I follow can be successful.

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: