Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:55:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC?  (Read 4513 times)
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:46:54 AM

Unfortunately, fewer projects that do not require KYC, in general KYC is a very strange requirement that does not satisfy the constitutions of many countries, which speaks about the right to privacy and personal information. If KYC was conducting a government agency, then it's okay. But KYC conducts some kind of third-party organizations.
Daniel9140

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:54:51 AM

These days, most ICO's now require kyc before you are white listed to participate in their crowd sale and its becoming the trend in ICO's now.

I join and do my kyc only when the project is solid and am sure of the team.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:59:15 AM

well, I guess it depends on how the project develops. it may be very dangerous to send the kyc we have, because almost all of our information is in kyc, and it should be a secret. but, it all depends on the project you're interested in, if it's really very good, maybe sending kyc is not a problem.
royalcrypt

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:10:34 AM

If I am ever going to join an ICO it would be without KYC. Can make exceptions for bigger players.
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:14:56 AM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I've done it a few times after ico regulations enforced it. we can not deny, theft or misuse of data will be very potential. but I believe, if ico who has good quality will not commit such cheating. so I do KYC verification
inthelongrun

Activity: 1764
Merit: 597

The Martian Child

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:18:59 AM

Of course I prefer ICOs without KYC but lately this is becoming normals as governments are trying to regulate ICOs. If I feel it is worth to invest rather than buying in exchanges then i'll just participate.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:21:06 AM

I don't have any problem it providing KYC for a chosen ICO project. I think you will find that going forward KYC will become a mandatory requirement and its provides a protection for the company from over officious regulators down the line.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:37:39 AM

If I see in the ICO campaign conditions before joining as a campaign participant the signatures that they do not exclude the requirement for KYC verification in the future, I do not join such an ICO campaign. Considering that about a third of the ICO campaigns turned out to be fraudulent last year, transferring their personal data and copies of the passport to them, it's entirely voluntary to transfer them directly into the hands of criminals. Careful study of the project ICO and his team does not give full confidence that such a company will not be a fraud.
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:18:25 AM

These days, most ICO's now require kyc before you are white listed to participate in their crowd sale and its becoming the trend in ICO's now.

I join and do my kyc only when the project is solid and am sure of the team.
Yes, more ICO's now are requiring to comply in the kyc requirement and as I can see, those who require KYC are likely to be legit and can be trusted although it defeat the purpose of anonymity for every users who want to participate in their project. I think its simple, if you have doubts and dont want to expose your personal information then dont join to ICOs who require it.

vastmast

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:20:07 AM

While investing in crypto money, I think that our identity should remain anonymous. So I do not invest in icos that require kyc. If there is a project in the bounty prize that requires kyc, I never invest in it again. It does not give me confidence Smiley

______________▂   arizn  ▂______________       ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                     ◄ ICO: 30% BONUS  ►
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Website Wallet Telegram Whitepaper     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Nagrogflaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:29:52 AM

kyc is usually required to become a participant ICO because the country rules where ico require it but for airdrop there are also some of them need kyc and I have experienced it

natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:32:34 AM

I don't join ICOs that requires KYC because i am lack of valid id's that can verify my status as a customer or member. I am only a student that's why i am lacking of valid id's.
Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:42:04 AM

Many can understand that they want to keep their anonymity. This is correct on the one hand. On the other hand, many ICO projects require the passage of the KYC identification procedure, as they are subject to requirements. That they released tokens go to real people, not scammers, bots, etc. And it's time to get used to the fact that this trend is gaining more and more momentum.
iLatios

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:42:41 AM

I am a bit confused, when KYC is required as the last stage of bounty campaign. As I see, a lot of them need us to pass it to make sure that we are not residents of USA.

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
watchurstep45

Activity: 300

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:54:25 AM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

yes i join the bounty with KYC . the icos with KYC requirments a big chance to make the ICO become successful. 
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:59:20 AM

I try not to join those ICO companies as a signatory campaign participant, where it is indicated that they do not exclude the KYC verification requirement. Regardless of whether this campaign is promising or not, regardless of whether I'm sure of this ICO campaign or not. I believe that the KYC requirement should not apply to signatory campaign participants because they do not invest their money in conducting ICO. Therefore, I do this in principle, so that such precedents do not apply to practice in the future.
Javelie

Activity: 159

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:31:24 AM

yes i join the bounty with KYC . the icos with KYC requirments a big chance to make the ICO become successful. 

" a big chance to" sell your documents by 3$ Good luck
skylark001

Activity: 228

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:54:17 AM

Yes, I will willingly join ICO’s which require KYC, provided they have the capabilities to fulfill their promise and have a good project team.

If some iCO is asking for KYC then definitely they will regularize themselves too with their base country financial regulations. However, I will double check before providing KYC as it may backfire too.

Quinni

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:14:59 AM

Good ico all need kyc. Now the threshold of ico is higher and higher. Basically, high-quality ico is required to be verified by kyc.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
pearlsome

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:51:05 AM

Unfortunately yes. I very rarely submit my documents. But already 5 times passed ICOs that requires KYC. It is certainly very risky. But, if you choose projects very carefully, then the risk can be minimized. Due to the ban of different countries for participation, more and more companies are asking for documents. This is good on the one hand, but very bad on the part of security.

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: