Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:23:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148389 times)
littleDarper
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:39:54 AM

A wise man once said.. Those that would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither freedom, nor security. Perhaps the "new america" could learn from these words?

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
engrshu

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:53:34 AM

Seems like Bill Gates is a bit out of touch with the use case of most coins and tokens. In a way he's right that there's not much legitimate use at the moment besides hoping for price increase. But soon the tokens will begin to play a role in many people's life and we will see broad adoption.

And that's the other side of what bill gates said. Trully, blockchain will play a role in many people's life, and what's that role? A purely good adaption or nah? There's always a chance that cryptocurrency can be used for anomalities, it is even the common mode of payment in deep web. But let's not focus on that, cryptocurrency, the blockchain can lead to a progressive future for the people.

[
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 01:58:01 AM

Bill gate has the legitimate right to express his opinion in any trending issue. I think for this particular issue I differ in opinion. Cryptocurrency is the best thing that has happened to mankind recently. It's the technology of the time. It's the worlds smart economy. The advantages of cryptocurrencies are very amazing! Bill gate should learn to adjust with the new crypto economy where more billionaires like him are made every day. Cryptocurrency is the latest financial trend. QED!

HOMT

Powered by,
mikfresh

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:59:46 AM

The same goes for Warren Buffet. I respect their opinions but we are talking of people that have no interest in taking a deeper look in what crypto-world has to offer. I may be wrong, but they don't have a malicious intent, they simply are not fascinated by this new technology. Time will tell!
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:04:20 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

yeah his right about all hes sentiments but i dont care what hes opinion,as long as i know to myelf that im using this crypto rightfully and truthfully,i have nothing to explain with him instead he must shut hes mouth up coz hes not helping the economy.why not help the government to track those criminals that mentioned and let our community alone
TehJoker

Activity: 157

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:18:21 AM

everything has to grow and the currency is not an except. cryptocurrency is the future of traditional currency, that's for sure. So, the Governments have to accept and work with it instead of banning and they also can not ban it.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:18:52 AM

He gave only the negative thing that he can see about cryptocurrency and we can't stop him for giving an opinion like that. First impression lasts, and before bitcoin is being used for those illegal trades of illegal drugs so that probably carve to his mind that bitcoin or necessarily cryptocurrencies are only used for purchasing illegal stuffs. He's old enough and I know he's a technology genius but time is flying so fast, he should look at the positive thing of cryptocurrency about passing the new generation a big amount of wealth through it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:24:22 AM

They are saying bitcoin and other crypto currencies are bad, but yet Microsoft re-introduced bitcoin as a form of payment after removing it for a while. Isn't this contradicting, the fact that bitcoin is bad yet they they accept them as a payment? Haven't gone through the links you gave, though i believe that people might have interpreted bill gates wrong.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
red023

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:50:42 AM

Bill Gates is a government shill.

Bill gates invests in one of the worst companies ever Monsanto.

M$ did just BUY their first OS they did not wrote it.

Bill gates pumps his money into shit like sterilizing women in the 3rd world against their will with his "helping" vaccine programs.

Fuck Bill Gates and everything he says, he is just afraid the people will get back their power and that he will be all alone and has nobody to help him.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:04:17 AM

everyone has a different outlook, although great figures like bill gates talk about cryptocurrencies is a bad thing, but there are still many other great figures that support cryptocurrencies, for example John McAfee

bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:09:26 AM

We know cryptocurrency is ricky because they have possibility that your money lose if you choose wrong altcoin to invest.  Don't worry about the news because even billgates or other billioniare said that cyrptocurrency is bad or not good investment. Tkae note they have billionaire also who are saying that cryptocurrency is good investment and better to make money.  We have different thoughts and opinions about that.
bountyjunkie

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 03:21:51 AM

Too early to judge. Until and unless we have use cases we can't fairly make out the good , bad or the ugly.

Geoll29

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:22:49 AM

I think a  very wealthy man will really say that cryptocurrency is not good. That's because he is already a wealthy person and doesn't need any other type of investment. He may change his mind if his current business or investment suddenly gets bankrupt.

yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:27:51 AM

In any form of technology there is a bad outcome, like TV is bad, video game is bad, cellphone is bad, social media is bad. We had a different perspective but to some it has a lot of benefits like cryptocurrency it may seems bad to some big investors and some seems a good benefit.
pnwaneri

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:35:27 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Bill Gate is an individual expressing his personal opinion. He has the legitimate right to comment on major issue like this however I differ totally from his own opinion because cryptocurrency is best thing that happened to humanity in the most recent time. It's a time bomb to modern technology. Some people globally describe it as the smart economy of the people. Bill Gate should try with all possible best to adjust to this financial trend of technological economy.Though there had been some few bad issues here and there, the benefits of cryptocurrency outweigh the disadvantages. Bill should have a closer and deeper approach on this issue, because it will do him good as a potential investor that he is. Thanks buddy for bringing such an interesting issue on stage.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:47:53 AM

So you gonna hear Bill Gates words or just act accordingly to the current situation, Bill gates is already a millionaire so he doesn't want any new method to get rich but the people like us neednto take these kind of risks to make money because nothing in this world is safe so you need to invest on cryotocurrency if you want to get richer or just respect the Bill Gates decision.
putrii

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:21:48 AM

tongue is not boned usually who say bad just look at the development of cryptocurrency they become interested and interesting his words and praise cryptocurrency already many like that.
Oregano012
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:22:26 AM

everything is bad :/ even fiat
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:31:26 AM

Everyone have the way they view things whether Bill gate says bitcoin is good or bad that's his personal view of it and I don't see it as the view of those that have invested millions of dollar in crypto. I simply call it spreading of FUD.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:35:01 AM

I don't care if Bill Gates said that crypto is bad. How about his windows? microsoft?
Isn't it the gateway used for spreading virus, wrong information, FUD by most of the people that wants chaos in this world?
Gates is just protecting himself against the government so he might say that crypto is bad but he invested on it, we don't know.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: