Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:51:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148387 times)
Bosmuda

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 02:08:43 AM

Everyone has their own opinions, including famous figures such as Bill Gates, whatever their opinions, we must respect them and most importantly, still react wisely.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ceetoo224
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:50:21 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

What about seeing the bright side about paying money instantly without needing to go through the banks? Another thing, "call me now, I'll pay you right ahead?" cryptocurrency has opened up business and investment and this is a good idea. But still depends on the people who will going to use it,
masterfu678

Activity: 280

www.becent.com

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 11:14:24 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Maybe he is trying to lower the price of cryptocurrency to buy it cheaper? Have you thought about that? Still pretty authoritative guy whose opinion a listen, in particular, many venture capital funds.

Georgiyk

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:48:59 PM

Perhaps this is a feature of people - to use good for evil purposes. A noble target, like crypto, can be colored dark. It depends on the person. I believe that we need to find leverage that will regulate and control the illegal and illegal use of cryptography. And cryptography should continue its noble path.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
kjn311

Activity: 319

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 10:12:52 AM

I think it's all related to the internal politics of their company. Even if he likes technology, he cannot say that he supports cryptocurrencies, because if it dies, he can be sued.
holySaint

Activity: 658
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:38:51 AM

Bill Gates believes that this is bad because he cannot control it, but the cryptacurrency will become a serious product in many countries. How not to say that crypto currency is our future.

█ https://www.gooreo.com/ █ Gooreo​ - Decentralized Career Platform!  █ https://t.me/gooreo █
starplaks

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:41:26 AM

He is not right.  States are fully capable of using cryptocurrency for their own purposes, and to receive from this a huge profit in the form of taxes!
KolayZdun

Activity: 434
Merit: 12

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:43:05 AM

In General, this man says a lot of things, but very little happens. Think about it, the youth tries to take away from it a stick of the power, of course he will try to dismiss it and to banish us.

eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:43:30 AM

There is nothing wrong with this. The cryptocurrency is very bad. There are a lot of scammers here. The birth of cryptocurrency allows scammers to get rich overnight. So these are all evidence that cryptocurrency is not good, but I believe cryptocurrency will grow. Many scammers will disappear in the future.
So the fiat scammers as well. Don't throw all the garbage to cryptocurrencies.

All of those shady activities originated from fiat and these scammers has upgraded and brought themselves to cryptos.
arkawa040

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:51:08 AM

long before the existence of cryptocurrency, people have learned to sponsor terrorists and buy drugs, I think it's not them, most likely they are not profitable, the idea of decentralization and it is because of her Microsoft can lose a lot of money, they are all talking about the dangers of terrorism but he was always and always will be and the world of cryptocurrency this not as not conducive. In order for the state not to have terrorism and drugs, it is necessary to fight not with cryptocurrency but with corruption)
Downloaded

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:32:12 AM

Uncle bill always tried to make a discord in the IT industry,but now, when a real rival for this industry appeared, he decided to unite the authority of all people and speak out against the cryptocurrency.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:34:59 AM

I found out that many great people say that crypto is bad, but I think that they do the opposite in fact, they invest in crypto while others escape
Khiceog

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:01:31 AM

The fear of losing the leadership position, nothing more. We should be more skeptical about this. Still, bill is not a stupid person and he can either know something, or he himself is engaged in creating a blockchain project.
Goldleader

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:10:01 AM

He can anything he want and we can do whatever we want
elis74

Activity: 268

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:33:00 AM

Where you've seen people, at the sight of competitors, support them. Fear blockchain technology and cryptosphere clear to me. Which is why the words of bill quite standards, for the current situation.
Beargas0

Activity: 289

FREE Cryptocurrency Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:47:15 AM

You understand that the ICO has taken a large part of the project to venture capital investors. If earlier it was necessary to move to another part of the world and try to somehow prove yourself, now it is enough to publish yourself on btt.

EvgenOrel

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 11:04:17 AM

And the heads of the oil companies said that the IT sphere is funny and just toys for adult children. What do we see in the end? Now IT is the leading sphere in the world. Think about this.
bgpsq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 11:06:06 AM

I do not care about the opinion of people that are not involved in cryptocurrencies - they do not understand the technology, the possible use case.
So forget thinking about it and start reading informations given by experts in this industry.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 11:10:16 AM

I found out that many great people say that crypto is bad, but I think that they do the opposite in fact, they invest in crypto while others escape

That is one of their strategy .  they want cryptos to go down , thats why they will do everything bad and they dont care even if they hurt many people  .  they only care about their selves and they only care about the money  .  

They were the ones that is bad and not cryptocurrency  but i dont think that many people will be affected with this type of strategy  .   we are now immune to this because this is not the first time that happen to the crypto community  . 

Siegtal81

Activity: 334

Global Trans-Fee Mining Exchange

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:48:17 AM

The modern crypto market has already provided the most important advantages for the digital society and the development of the financial system, despite such statements by various millionaires. Of course, this is a very smart and successful person. But I believe that the crypto market has already confirmed its potential for successful investments.

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: