Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:45:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148389 times)
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:22:12 PM

everyone has their own opinions, and indeed there are so many great people who say that cryptocurrency is a bad thing, especially big businessmen, but in fact, until now cryptocurrency is not dead yet, and still can continue to grow

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 01:33:18 PM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Cash has been used in so many illegal activities in so many years and yet nobody questions its existence. Does this make cash bad in any way? Yes Bitcoin may have anonymity, but let's say it doesn't, will it make any difference? I believe it would still  be used the same with or without anonymity. Bitcoin is not "bad" perse. It's the people using it illegally who are the culprits!

BountyLord

Activity: 314

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:50:34 PM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Bill Gates did not say that crypto currency is bad! He only said that crypto-currencies are used more and more actively for illegal purposes. This is true unfortunately, and it's hard to argue with that. But do not forget that it was the black market that gave the first impulse to the rise of bitcoin
Whitebit42

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:21:35 AM

I haven't reasons to disagree with Bill Gates - CryptoCoins are used, using, and will use for crimes too, but do you really think that fiat money don't used for crimes, or something? It's funny to think so.
marcripto

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:45:16 AM

I do not agree with Bill Gates opinion on the world of cryptocurrencies, he highlights what could be the negative sides of the sector but he does not talk about the benefits that the blockchain could provide to humanity in the coming years. I am a big supporter of this sector and I am sure that it will improve the lives of many people in the world in the future
waorana

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:16:32 PM

I'm an admirer of Bill Gates, is certainly a great genius but his concerns about this sector I think are a little too much. This is a very risky sector but I do not know sectors in which there are no risks, we must also highlight the great benefits that the blockchain could bring to humanity in the near future
shaman11

Activity: 252
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:18:16 PM

I believe that the future of crypto-economics is, the rate of crypto-currency is simply stabilized, there will be no sharp downturns and ups.
nleenam207

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:47:19 AM

Bill gates comments about crypto currency is his own opinion, everybody has his or her own opinion, So Bill gates saying cryptos is bad doesn't make it to be bad, after all they have partnered with some blockchain project.
Valermos

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 11:49:55 AM

He's absolutely right about that. Indeed until the government learn how to track them in the mercenary purposes to use it are rare.
Ugh, maybe government need to learn how to track a traditional paper money that's transacted across to globe for criminal purpose such as drugs dealing, criminalities, and many bad things instead of learning to track crypto because I tell you the truth, paper money is what most used for criminal activities, bitcoin? only a really small percentage of it.

Criminals also use Windows OS to buy and sell drugs and commit crimes. Really faulty logic by Gates here. :/
I will not be surprised if he is investing money at the same time in crypto, and manipulation the prices by such words, very good thing which many investors do.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
wish.studio

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:09:34 AM

If from his perspective he is uit rigth, as crypto is aiding illegal deals,drugs baron,terrorist can all be eatablished using the privacy platform of crypto to transact among themselves
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:54:58 AM

he looks at it from the outside and the safety. ordinary people look at this side of the fact that you can make money. Yes indeed it is not very safe, but it is very profitable financially.
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:57:20 AM

he looks at it from the outside and the safety. ordinary people look at this side of the fact that you can make money. Yes indeed it is not very safe, but it is very profitable financially.

I disagree, it's pretty safe as long as you're not going to be an idiot.
Bill Gates has been talking a lot of crap lately.
Edu martin

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:18:04 AM

Seems like Bill Gates is a bit out of touch with the use case of most coins and tokens. In a way he's right that there's not much legitimate use at the moment besides hoping for price increase. But soon the tokens will begin to play a role in many people's life and we will see broad adoption.
Pr.Victus

Activity: 322

Global loyalty & rewards

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:20:12 AM

How it will create trust if cryptocurrency was originally designed with the concept of anonymity? The task was to cheap, fast, available around the clock payments worldwide. In this case, no one could keep track of where and whose money, which are passed.

koloNikolo

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 11:33:16 AM

The same way terrorism can be operated by cash and it very low probability to follow or check it.
Even crypto you can trace if you have the power like some governments has. So I think such statements are made in personal interests of Mr. Gates because he knows that he rules the market and he alone can move the price up and down very quickly.

malibogako2018

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:45:29 AM

We have our own point of views in aspects of bitcoin existence some people said this not good but there's people said this will be the future currency but wha'ts important is we support bitcoin and we crypto enthusiasts have a profit in using this digital money just have a faith that bitcoin will have a good contribute in our lives someday.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:56:17 AM

Seems like Bill Gates is a bit out of touch with the use case of most coins and tokens. In a way he's right that there's not much legitimate use at the moment besides hoping for price increase. But soon the tokens will begin to play a role in many people's life and we will see broad adoption.

That's right. We just need to go with the flow as the cryptocurrencies are still in its early stages that's why its value is fluctuating and cannot find its stable value yet. The truth is that most of the coins have no real value because the whitepaper is just attractive but the project itself is not implemented so it would end up in speculation for some time before it will have its real value if the project is already implemented with all of the plans applied by the developers. It is still early to conclude that cryptocurrency is bad just because it is full of speculation and the use case of the coins are not followed. In a few years time, coins will be used as what they are supposed to be.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
rina141141

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:12:54 PM

Crptocurrency is bad to those people who know nothing about this because of the risk. Bill Gates might right but we have our own opinion and if you think you are confident enough with this then go for it after all those big guys will use bitcoin soon and promote their own coins.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:16:33 PM

That's right. We just need to go with the flow as the cryptocurrencies are still in its early stages that's why its value is fluctuating and cannot find its stable value yet. The truth is that most of the coins have no real value because the whitepaper is just attractive but the project itself is not implemented so it would end up in speculation for some time before it will have its real value if the project is already implemented with all of the plans applied by the developers. It is still early to conclude that cryptocurrency is bad just because it is full of speculation and the use case of the coins are not followed. In a few years time, coins will be used as what they are supposed to be.

Cryptocurrencies would never come to a point on where it would become stable.It would still remain as volatile because this market do always depend on supply and demand or interest of the community or investors which means we would always see volatileness which a good thing for traders since the more volatile or moving prices would really make us money.If it would come to a time where it would stabilized it will surely lose its popularity.

Jizel

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:18:58 PM

I think he said what many thought and understood about. Another thing, why he said about this right now, and not a year ago, when there was a wave of growth of the crypto currency? His words immediately caused the drop in the cost of bitcoins, the impression that they simply did not allow him to rise above a certain price bracket.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: