Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:13:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148387 times)
Micerker

Activity: 593
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 07:30:09 PM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

This is not the reason to try to remove Crypto from the world. Bitcoin is not a currency for criminal activity because criminals for these activities use it. Like FIAT, Crypto is used as a currency to trade. How are FIATs used for these activities that governments do not criticise?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erickbarkley29

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 09:46:16 PM

reality is that cryptocurrency was really used or might still be used by bad elements.  i think that was where is observation came from. with regards to anonymity, seems this is no longer true as of this writing.
Masatos

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:19:11 PM

he can say anything but bitcoin as he continued to develop and does it to this day

█████████████████████ SWINCA █████████████████████
Real-Estate Finance Revolution: BUY SWI
https://www.swinca.io/
seyola89

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 11:21:35 PM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

I agree with his view on the risky nature of the speculative ICOs but crptocurrency is not totally bad. Investors need to be informed and enlightened well before venturing into it.
sekop

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 11:26:35 PM

It's natural if opinions from one person to another are different. Everyone has different results and processes in reaching their income from crypto. Not a few people blaspheme crypto, the majority of them because they don't master crypto knowledge widely. If crypto is used as a basic income every month, it is not good. Because the market value of crypto keeps moving, so it can't be relied upon as a routine income.
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 12:37:26 AM

I believe that we should not be guided by the opinion of Bill Gates on cryptocurrencies, firstly because most cryptocurrencies, and bitcoin incl. - they are not anonymous, and secondly, Bill Gates - can deliberately misinform us all with some personal self-serving motives.

Indeed, anyone can make their own argument and opinion but its depend on ourself. I think cryptocurrency will growing more bigger than now because crypto give a lot people an opportunity to earn extra money
Maknae09

Activity: 196

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 01:10:14 AM

Crypto currency is bad, Fiat currency is bad also, currency becomes bad when it is used in a bad manner. Everything is up to the choice of the people who is using it. If we want it to be good then be responsible in utilizing cryptocurrency.

▃ ▄ Ternion  ▀▄▀  Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway ◥◤ ICO Start: 01 OCT 2018 (http://www.Ternion.io/)
Quas09

Activity: 208

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 09:02:41 AM

I don't believe to what bill gates said, and i disagree to what he said. He can say all of those things because cryptocurrency now is struggling, but why Bill Gates said that when bitcoin pumps to $10,000? or Ethereum gets $1200? Did you see my point? He can say that because cryptocurrency now is in depression and coins is dumping day by day.
Turst1974

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:29:39 AM

I listen to such respected people as Bill Gates. He speaks about cryptothermia not for the first time. And says good or bad about crypto from when it is profitable for him to speak good or bad. It's like a show to promote.  Cheesy
It is not only this currency which is making harm to the community it is only the minds of people. There are many people who understand the cryptocurrency and they are saying that it is good. In the coming future I am sure that he will say that he was wrong and cryptocurrency are better as it is giving earning to a lot of people.
PlusOne88

Activity: 420

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:39:01 AM

There are two sides of a coin, depending on how one flips it in a direction that might be catastrophic to others and one's self or to the good side of it. The invention of a cryptocurrency is good and there was no planned harm for inventing it. It is actually similar to how weapons are made to protect us from harm. But same weapons may not be good to others or the person using it. The technology used by cryptocurrency may be beneficial to many though concerns about anonymity is always a question of whether it is really good or not. The only person who can really tell is the person using it because we have the power to choose between doing good or evil.

brixbounty

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 09:57:02 AM

I think that to call cryptocurrency the reason why there are such terrible things as terrorism or drugs in the world is fundamentally wrong. Terrorism and drugs existed before the crypto currency and this did not prevent them from killing thousands or millions of people. Instead of blaming the cryptocurrency, agencies created to combat these phenomena should do their job better. But I also agree that cryptocurrency needs legal regulation to increase trust in it and protect against fraud and criminals.

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
AlphaGoo

Activity: 396

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:03:00 AM

There is nothing wrong with this. The cryptocurrency is very bad. There are a lot of scammers here. The birth of cryptocurrency allows scammers to get rich overnight. So these are all evidence that cryptocurrency is not good, but I believe cryptocurrency will grow. Many scammers will disappear in the future.

igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:07:34 AM

And why is Microsoft investing a lot of money in the blockchain technology and is going to launch the Bakkt within the next several months? I think Microsoft will be one of the most powerful blockchain oriented companies in the future.
manbota

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 09:22:03 AM

Personally, during my work on the crypto market I was able to make sure that such public statements often turn out to be wrong. Of course, I do not doubt his merits and successes. But the crypto market does not depend on such statements and forecasts, it just continues to grow steadily.
Catmurs

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:36:48 PM

Many people say that cryptocurrency is bad, of course on the one hand bad that can launder dirty money here , but for me the advantages are much more !

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:38:29 PM

Bill gates has never hidden his dislike for cryptocurrencies. He is only concerned about the uncertainty and fluctuations in its value.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
sashu

Activity: 490
Merit: 119

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 07:50:01 PM

I think the news like this news are more positive than negative. There is always a big concentration of bad news at the end of each correction.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
fathur01

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:50:03 PM

I wonder after he said that, did he buy cryptocurrencies or not? Just many people said that cryptocurrency is bad, and then bought it. And it was not a mistake on their part, but a deliberate pushing of the cryptocurrency down.
Bitkoplak

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 12:29:40 AM

the logic in thinking I say that crypto is not trying to be a legitimate currency, they are a payment tool with blockchain technology that makes it easy, accelerating and transparent in its transactions, crypto is not a threat if you see from every project that appears
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 01:47:23 AM

He is a man of his own words and you need to stand by yours too, he can't decide for me and also have right to say or do anything he want by himself, and for him saying cryptocurrency is to sponsor drugs and terrorist is just an excuse as cash has been for long and those bad thing never seized and was even originated then and in the history was worse and in the years that bitcoin has started existing it has not really have any trace of such like when cash was only means of payment.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: