Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:10:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency kills people  (Read 1842 times)
princess.tyche

Activity: 110
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:32:47 AM

I think the statement was so judgemental. It is true that some people misused Bitcoin for bad things (drugs, guns, bombs), but that doesn't mean we all like that. Many people feel grateful with Bitcoin because Bitcoin change their lives in a good and positive ways.
nacareng

Activity: 211
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:54:38 AM

Yes people use BTC as a currency in their own way and you can not hide the fact that it is also used in a variety of bad ways. Anyone can do whatever they want with it. But, it's also a big misunderstanding that can only be applied to Cryptocurrency. To some degree, Bill Gates is right, but you should not blame technology for people who abuse it. Good technology is always misused and destructive.
AurumService

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 09:51:20 AM

Ive read an article about Bill Gates saying that cryptocurrencies kills people. He explained that crypto provokes people to hide thier financial transactions from the government, and revolutionizing terrorism, financial crime etc. Some people use crypto to buy drugs, bombs, guns that are use for drug dealing and terrorism that kills people 'in a fairly direct way'

I think Gates is somehow right about this. But i think it depends on the people who are using cryptocurrency, if they will use it in a good way or in a bad way. What do you think?

Gates is partially right. Of course there`re risks connected with cryptocurrencies...But killing...It`s up to people themselves to make their own choice. If e-currencies disappear bad things won`t stop. The same statement (about killing people) can be made about money.
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:04:05 AM

I think it's not an error if people use bitcoin. they do not aim to hide their financial transactions from the government. but because there is no regulation from the government of their country
if linked to drugs or drugs is not just crypto that can be used as a transaction of illicit goods. do not be too accused that crypto currency can only be used for crime
demonz666

Activity: 493
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:08:27 AM

Ive read an article about Bill Gates saying that cryptocurrencies kills people. He explained that crypto provokes people to hide thier financial transactions from the government, and revolutionizing terrorism, financial crime etc. Some people use crypto to buy drugs, bombs, guns that are use for drug dealing and terrorism that kills people 'in a fairly direct way'

I think Gates is somehow right about this. But i think it depends on the people who are using cryptocurrency, if they will use it in a good way or in a bad way. What do you think?

Link: https://www.google.com.ph/search?source=hp&ei=MJaWWv70CoH-8QXDvLO4Bg&q=cryptocurrency#scso=uid_PpaWWoLdHISa0gTusbDYDg_9:117
Yes I agree with you basically it all depends on the person using cryptocurrency for good or bad. But if it says cryptocurrency kills people I strongly disagree. In contrast cryptocurrency has helped millions of people in the world to earn extra income and bitcoin has provided jobs for unemployment.

Morkhart

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:09:44 AM

I believe that people that use crypto currency in a bad ways. Bitcoin use in the deep web before the blockchain not been created. But they have a people use crypto currency in good ways like me i help my parents for financial problem and because of the blockchain the bitcoin will not been uses in criminals.
serenacalce

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:18:05 AM

For me its not about the cryptocurrency... Its about us if we are truly a good person we will not do it because it will not help our country to reach its progress instead it will leads only to chaos...  Cryptocurrency is not the one one who kills human way of thinking... We are the one who destroys ourselves because of our greediness and selfishness why it happen...  If you are truly born with a right way of thinking you will never do it...  You will do instead what our country needed...  We have our own freedom if we want to use cryptocurrency in bad or in good its up to us...  We are the one who will choose our yen in lifes...   
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:23:34 AM

This is a totally wrong and misleading statement. And Bill Gates knows that, he's just spreading FUD. It's not cryptocurrencies killing people, it's people killing people. They can use dollars to do that, or even cryptocurrencies. Nobody will say: dollars kill people. Large industries producing arms, just to make money, just like chemical and the oil industry. Those who owns these industries are killing the environment, they kill the entire world.

BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 10:25:29 AM

It can be siad about everything popular nowadays, if we replcae "bitcoin" on "dollar" nothing will change because terrorists don't care what to use for their goals.

kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 10:31:13 AM

I think that you should work on the link first, since it will be the proof for what you are saying. Since the link that you gave is just a Google search about cryptocurrency. And that is a LOT. Give us the specific link that leads to Bill Gates' statement that cryptocurrency kills people.

Let's say that it is true that he said that, I don't think that cryptocurrency kills people. But, cryptocurrency is used to kill people.
heureca

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:39:59 AM

I think that criptocurrency does not kill people but give them new opportunities for payments, business and self-development. So overall criptocurrency has positive influence on our society

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:43:27 AM

No a few people imagines that digital money is a trick. Be that as it may, they don't generally know the digital currency can help some needy individuals to end up rich. What's more, arrive envisioned a few people that don't have enough information will spread a phony news about crypto. That the motivation behind why some frail hands individuals offer there property.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:46:02 AM

Link: https://www.google.com.ph/search?source=hp&ei=MJaWWv70CoH-8QXDvLO4Bg&q=cryptocurrency#scso=uid_PpaWWoLdHISa0gTusbDYDg_9:117

When Bill Gates said this he has a biased motive on his mind. It was not to open the minds of the people but to prepare for the world first government owned cryptocurrency which is launched by Sweden. Bill Gates has made a thumbs up to this and probably he is one of the big investors in that cryptocurrency. The government and the big industries are now trying to dominate the cryptocurrency business but they will still have a hard time overtaking bitcoin.
nik009

Activity: 1541
Merit: 545

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:46:27 AM

it all depends on the person how to dispose of the crypto currency, of course some buy illegal guns, drugs. But this does not mean that the crypto currency is killing people
isetter

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:58:41 AM

We use Bitcoin to make money through exchanges and investments. Depending on the person, there are many good or bad ways to use Bitcoin. I do not agree with Bill Gates, he just analyzed in a bad way
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:07:14 AM

It can be siad about everything popular nowadays, if we replcae "bitcoin" on "dollar" nothing will change because terrorists don't care what to use for their goals.
I disagree with the headline statement. I don't believe that cryptocurrency kills people, it is an instrument created to help people and the community.  Let's not put all the incrimination to cryptocurrency. It's us who kill each other, and sadly ourselves. Abusing its usage, being irresponsible, negligence, greediness, dissatisfaction and negative thoughts. I hope we can slowly eradicate this kind of attitude and live life happily, full of love and hope.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:21:22 AM

Such a statement is utter stupidity. So it can be argued that human life itself is harmful, since it provokes suicide in connection with various dislocations and failures. As for the assertion that the crypto currency can be used to commit various crimes, almost everything in our world can serve to commit crimes. For example, now in Europe, terrorists have started using cars to crash into the crowd, kill and sow panic among the population. That, maybe,
 will we prohibit cars?
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:27:18 AM

Bitcoin did not kill but some evil people used bitcoin to engaged in evil things like you say that people are you bitcoin to buy life and other harm product, so I think is the people that do the killing not bitcoin.
Secondly many people die because they invested all there money on bitcoin and run lost. I like I always say if you are not ready to lose don't involve in cryptocurrency because crypto is 50-50 business which means you are supposed to b ready of anyone that came in.
Melodimayy

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:32:49 AM

well, that's kinda right to the point where people using bitcoin for buying some item "anonymously". where the online things that could be bought just by this blockchain technology like bitcoin. well, bitcoin is kinda become tools to criminal for buying some things online. well, it couldn't be prevent when the person have the fiat money to exchange it into bitcoin and do some transaction with it. it is depends on the user and maybe there should pop'd up some regulations of the way using bitcoin itself. that's my opinion about your thread.
De Suga09

Activity: 352
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:35:48 AM

If a statement is said by an influencial people, it is assumed to be true, however, I disagree with thw atatement of bill gates. Not everything that he say is right. He is also a person and is also wrong sometimes. Although there are disadvantages, I think bitcoin cannot kill people, actually it helped people to have a job and have an extra income. It also helped investors and some country’s economy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: