Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:23:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will survive in "cashless society" ??  (Read 2965 times)
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:01:32 PM

Bitcoin is one of the frontiers of cashless society, it's created to facilitate it to a greater extent. Since this involves the total movement from fiat,
If this is achieved, digital currencies willl swing in full usage. And that will be very great for bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Qwerts

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:19:44 PM

It is said now China is a "cashless society". Use of debit cards and credit cards on online & offline stores/shops, pay bills etc..

USA and UK/England are into use of credit cards and debit cards in a big way for online & offline stores/shops, pay bills etc..

Will Bitcoin survive in "cashless society" where money becomes digital/numbers ??

Just like Bitcoin which does not have a physical presence, money/cash will not have physical presence in "cashless society/countries"

Bitcoin will survive in the cashless society because since the beginning, it has always been cashless as the age of technology progresses. Digital money is getting popular these days and in the future, paper money may not even exist anymore.  It is secure and is easier to use and facilitate. Countries will soon understand that we do not need paper money in this age since everything is digital. We should continue to adapt in the advancements of the future, bitcoin is the future.
boyknightvn

Activity: 225

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:24:25 PM

If Bitcoin's technology is completed perfectly and the government control or solved problem come from terrorism and money laundering, I think Bitcoin's feature could be used widely in "cashless society".
That days is coming, but there are a lot of challenges for us to overcome Smiley
polyballz

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:34:04 PM

Bitcoin is now very popular, and some stores are starting to accept it, as a payment instrument. So that in the future the use of Bitcoin and blockchaine technology will be increasingly used in the community for everyday life.
cmaxwell

Activity: 195

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:49:27 PM

bitcoin will definitely survive in a cashless society. and infact part of the reasons why digital currencies is still making head ways in our society is because the world economy has accepted cashless policy. so in the nearest future i see bitcoin becoming more enlarged accepted all over the world as a means of transaction.
CryptoGuro1

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:59:19 PM

I think the whole use-case of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is the fact they are centralized, the whole idea behind them is to cut the middle man (banks) and provide safer, faster and more secure transactions

M E D I A   『 https://www.mediaprotocol.org/ 』
P R O T O C O L   ────   ICO: Buy MEDIA Tokens
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:24:25 PM

The best advantage of cashless society is that you do not have worry about the change. The exact amount is taken from your debit or credit cards at the shops/stores.
cfif123

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:28:08 PM

Bitcoin is now very popular, and some stores are starting to accept it, as a payment instrument. So that in the future the use of Bitcoin and blockchaine technology will be increasingly used in the community for everyday life.
of course, with the existence of bitcoin in this world, for us to buy electronic goods whose shops are willing to receive bitcoin, it is certainly very helpful, because to make transactions is also easy and fast
Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:12:21 PM

It is said now China is a "cashless society". Use of debit cards and credit cards on online & offline stores/shops, pay bills etc..

USA and UK/England are into use of credit cards and debit cards in a big way for online & offline stores/shops, pay bills etc..

Will Bitcoin survive in "cashless society" where money becomes digital/numbers ??

Just like Bitcoin which does not have a physical presence, money/cash will not have physical presence in "cashless society/countries"

Bitcoin will definitely survive the cashless society because it is the purpose of it. I mean bitcoin was created to have a digital currency meaning it doesn't have any physical body or not tangible. It will survive for a reason that bitcoin only need an internet and gadgets to be use as a payment and in transactions. No need card or anything else.

BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2072
Merit: 593

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:10:06 PM

The vast majority of societies are now cashless, I know in Europe this is true, while in Asian countries like China, this is less common. I think that Bitcoin is the natural progression of things, CASH -> CREDIT -> CRYPTO. Bitcoin wil survive because it is slowly eliminating the competition, and when Cash is gone, its competition will also be massively reduced.

Kamote_1102

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:46:34 PM

Bitcoin will survive in a cashless society for sure. It might be even more Popular because many will people will use it in their everyday lives. and many businessmen will invest in cryptocurrency. I can't wait to see our society going cashless.

riyarana1123
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 07:19:29 PM

I think bitcoin will survive because as the society become cash less the people prefer more bitcoin because it is also a cashless money which is use by people so that they can do shopping.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
Raggie

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:50:10 AM

Everything can go cashless if everyone agreed to accepting some currency as a payment of their offered sell items, or services.
If the society can managed to get everyone such as buyers and sellers into their community to agree using bitcoin, then cashless society will survived.
First77 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:19:00 PM

I think bitcoin will survive because as the society become cash less the people prefer more bitcoin because it is also a cashless money which is use by people so that they can do shopping.

Looks like Bitcoin has a future more as a digital asset and less as digital currency.
richman3451

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 07:52:41 PM

at the moment and the digital currency is going to soon make cash and non-cash money unnecessary I think that the banks will also cease to exist, it may be some kind of alternative to banks
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:03:33 PM

Cashless society better suits btc because btc itself is digital. If all countries should go cashless, then we can say that of course the future we see for btc, will definitely come to pass.

Webberson

Activity: 588
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 08:18:16 PM

In a cashless society, transactions are done without the use of physical cash. Bitcoin being a store of value, a currency or whatever people say it is, fits in this context because it is a digital currency that requires the use of an internet to operate and it's not physical in nature. It certainly will survive in a cashless society.

First77 (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:06:08 AM

Mastercard maintains 99.999 % availability and can process 3.4 billion transactions per day at 38,000+ transactions per second, with an average response time of 140 milliseconds….

Visa is at 24,000 TPS

https://www.quora.com/

TPS = Transactions Per Second.

While bitcoin have blocks each 10 minutes with 2500 transactions aprox, that give us an averange of 4 TPS.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:49:31 PM

Yes probably. BTC is the future of cashless society though. Like paper before as a currency. This is the real world every thing will evolve into much better thing and be more innovative. It will survive for me because BTC is decentralized, meaning it is acceptable as currency in some area of the world. It has also has its value so probably as paper cash have this will probably happen on this.
adpinbr

Activity: 994
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:01:58 PM

I don't know about this, cashless means we would be heavily relying on crypto, and therefore every country would be using BTC, and such other cryptos as well, and in result of that, I don't think that we'll be able to survive living in a cashless society today, probably in the future yes, but as far as I can see I'm not yet sure about it though, but I am hoping for the best for our society and to the crypto world as well.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███