Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:13:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will survive in "cashless society" ??  (Read 2965 times)
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:03:10 AM

Many people think that debit and credit cards are the future. The only problem with them is that we have only 2 payment processors which are centralised and can be easily overloaded. Bitcoin is way different than them since it is decentralised and provides even faster and independent transactions (lightning network). Give people some time to learn about Bitcoin and how to use it.

Bitcoin if legalized, will help cashless society.

Even if Bitcoin is not legalized under a cashless scenario, it WILL thrive and it will be adopted by tons of people as a way to circumvent the Orwellian government control on money, since cash is the only way left to have some privacy in your life.

It will happen out of necessity, and the price will go REALLY high that day, it doesn't matter what the government has to say about it. I can't wait for governments to ban all physical cash, that can only help Bitcoin. People is not going to magically give up to off-the-radar business because governments ban cash, they will look for alternatives and Bitcoin will be the most liquid one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Javathon

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:03:51 AM

As more and more countries become "cashless society", Bitcoin will fail in next 5 years.

How sure are you with this statement?

A cashless society will increase the demand for cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. This cannot kill bitcoin, it will boost its usage.own As long as there will be improvements, the introduction of the second layer protocol (lightning network) for bitcoin's blockchain is the possible relief for the current problem.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:16:01 AM

It is said now China is a "cashless society". Use of debit cards and credit cards on online & offline stores/shops, pay bills etc..

USA and UK/England are into use of credit cards and debit cards in a big way for online & offline stores/shops, pay bills etc..

Will Bitcoin survive in "cashless society" where money becomes digital/numbers ??

Just like Bitcoin which does not have a physical presence, money/cash will not have physical presence in "cashless society/countries"

Bitcoin may or may not be accepted by the majority of people in the future. While it is true that technology is at a rise today, not everyone is familiar with what Bitcoin is and how it works. Bitcoin will survive in a cashless society once the majority of people have accepted it, especially the governments. It is important that the government will recognize Bitcoin as a means of payment in order for it to retain its value, and for people to have less skepticism about it as well.

ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:17:20 AM

it seems that bitcoin can survive in the community without the use of cash but certainly not for a very long time because people prefer the use of cash rather than using digital currencies such as cryptocurrency bitcoin.
Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:23:04 AM

of course bitcoin will last forever even if people no longer use cash, the reason being bitcoin will remain popular as an investment worldwide.

IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:05:54 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2018, 10:42:47 AM by IndigoRed

cashless means  to eradicate cash from the society whereby digital channels will replace cash. i know since bitcoin is virtual currency, it will survive and replace cash.

Yeah, that's what I though too. Going cashless means being able to rely on technology to handle payments for you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of all this to have a virtual currency in a highly digital future? Bitcoins are already being accepted by stores, augmented reality is already a common feature in our apps and gadgets and soon, headsets will replace our phones. The transition has already begun. What do you think of the fact that those who rely too much on tangible things and cant' adapt to new technologies wouldn't survive this kind of future?
Len_nin

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

xCrypt

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:53:23 AM

I don’t think bitcoin will face any problem in countries with classless society,they are not direct competitors due to using different technologies,which can be used for different purposes and will be in-demand.

xCRYPT ➲➲➲IEO-SALE On IDAX Exchange (https://www.xcrypt.club/)
Matthew Oliveiraa

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:36:09 AM

One of the Bitcoin's missions is to become an online payment method promoting cashless society. And of course it will survive! Actually, at present, it is being used to pay for goods and services. So I think there is no reason for which bitcoin won't be used in the future.
Sarah Reiss

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:37:24 AM

Using Bitcoin as a payment method is an inherent tendency in the future. As you can see, more and more countries have accepted Bitcoin as a legal payment method. For example, recently Japan has legitimized Bitcoin payments. So in cashless society, Bitcoin will not only survive but thrive well.
Brenda Medeiross

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:38:35 AM

Although in this period governments is still grappling with the legal and fiscal implications tied to virtual currency and are faced with difficult choices, we have reasons to put our belief in Bitcoin future as a means of payment. With unique characteristics like anomynous, fast and fee-cheap transactions, Bitcoin has huge potentials in online payment. A cashless society will surely promote its dominance.
Fbi_babs

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:47:26 AM

As more and more countries become "cashless society", Bitcoin will fail in next 5 years.
Well I'll disagree with you on that. I believe in the next five years bitcoin will survive in cashless society because most people love to be secretive with their account balance and anonymous in every transaction which block chain is providing. That's the unique feature. Cool
alkhie01

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:50:38 AM

I think yes, actually we can say that Bitcoin is one of cashless society under decentralised Blockchain. Even though  It’s very difficult to say that Bitcoin can defeat the using of fiat because its really hard for entire country to adopt the advance technology we have right now. But in the end of the day Bitcoin will survive versus the digital money of banks, if every government will not interfere with it.
railyako

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:31:22 PM

it will fit right in actually. that is how cryptos were designed. but not for now since it is not considered a currency.
vonnyaries

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:47:29 PM

i think it will be the cashless society if the bitcoin is more popular than now, right now we can't use bitcoin like the other cashless system like the wechat pay on the china, android pay and apple pay that synu with our credit card, bitcoin need to improve on this sector to makes bitcoin is more useful int the public

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:47:38 PM

How sure are you with this statement? A cashless society will increase the demand for cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. This cannot kill bitcoin, it will boost its usage.own As long as there will be improvements, the introduction of the second layer protocol (lightning network) for bitcoin's blockchain is the possible relief for the current problem.

US Dollar, UK pound, Gold and Silver have seen World War 2 and 2 nuclear bombs dropped on Japan that killed 200,000 people because Japan had 80,000 suicide pilots ready to crash planes of American warships.
Macai

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:18:24 PM

Many people think that debit and credit cards are the future. The only problem with them is that we have only 2 payment processors which are centralised and can be easily overloaded. Bitcoin is way different than them since it is decentralised and provides even faster and independent transactions (lightning network). Give people some time to learn about Bitcoin and how to use it.

Bitcoin if legalized, will help cashless society.

Even if Bitcoin is not legalized under a cashless scenario, it WILL thrive and it will be adopted by tons of people as a way to circumvent the Orwellian government control on money, since cash is the only way left to have some privacy in your life.

I believe that indeed bitcoin will survive in a cashless society. Actually bitcoin introduces us to cashless society. Eventually people will all use cryptocurrencies.
Psychee

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:41:52 PM

but this is a divorce of clean water because some sort of a left site is offered to you, but Socratus is something new in the world of crypto
Zeque02

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:04:02 PM

I think yes, actually we can say that Bitcoin is one of cashless society under decentralised Blockchain. Even though  It’s very difficult to say that Bitcoin can defeat the using of fiat because its really hard for entire country to adopt the advance technology we have right now. But in the end of the day Bitcoin will survive versus the digital money of banks, if every government will not interfere with it.

Yes I can say, that bitcoin will survive in cashless society because from the start its transaction is cashless, we can use bitcoin as mode of payment to school or companies. It will be more successful if it will be accepted to different countries. Hope time comes it will be united ans accepted.

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀     |  Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |     ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hardtolife

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:33:29 PM

Yes I can say, that bitcoin will survive in cashless society because from the start its transaction is cashless, we can use bitcoin as mode of payment to school or companies. It will be more successful if it will be accepted to different countries. Hope time comes it will be united ans accepted.

If I think the possibility of bitcoin used for payment means may be small because in each country must have its own currency for its payment instrument. And not everyone knows bitcoin with its function, its benefits, how to use it, buy it. That's my opinion.
moonami

Activity: 171
Merit: 37

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:36:22 PM

It is said now China is a "cashless society". Use of debit cards and credit cards on online & offline stores/shops, pay bills etc..

USA and UK/England are into use of credit cards and debit cards in a big way for online & offline stores/shops, pay bills etc..

Will Bitcoin survive in "cashless society" where money becomes digital/numbers ??

Just like Bitcoin which does not have a physical presence, money/cash will not have physical presence in "cashless society/countries"

Yes I think so, because every year technology is being advance there's no doubt that Bitcoin will be one of the payment method and will survive on a cashless basis society.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: