Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:53:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rank in Bitcointalk  (Read 1086 times)
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:26:29 AM

When I registrated it was only need activity for changing ranks (28 posts every 2 weeks). Now you need also merits from other participants. They can give it to you if you make useful posts.
It`s was 14 activity maximum every 2 weeks, if you are active and that means 2 comments minimum every day, 5 comments every day for 6 days. People were selling some profiles with a lot of comments, you could buy and wait certain time to pass and you would become higher rank, now that can`t happen.
Merit system changed all, now people have trouble to get to higher ranks. I don`t think that merit is the perfect system, but it is what it is. Now people advance to next rank slower and if you want to advance to next rank you really need to make huge effort and to be unique in some way, only like that you can draw some attention and get some merit.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:28:30 AM

You need to have enough activity and merit to rank up .
Here is tha activity you need to rank up
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237597.0
This the required merit base in the rank
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827596.0 .
 You need to have them both to be able to rank up.
This answer is enough to answer your question. Now be careful in making post, make sure you make it with your knowledge of cryptocurrency, and try to make a quality post it will make you a little faster to up your rank, because the merit system will make you more excited in making post.
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 11:29:34 AM

Wonder what will the criteria for a rank change in this forum? I mean to move form Jr ->Member ->Full member   etc.  is it number of posts you contribute orhow long you've joined the forum?
This formula is now changed and now you can only upgrade to next level if you have required merits for that level which you can obtain from your writings if someone like your post and give you some merit.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
Cryptokingind

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:51:32 PM

The norms of this forum will change know the merits system is going on, you can only upgrade your rank if you have required merits for that level which you can obtain from any other Sr. Member and above rank Member like your posts and rewarded you with some merits.
focmere

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:55:58 PM

Wonder what will the criteria for a rank change in this forum? I mean to move form Jr ->Member ->Full member   etc.  is it number of posts you contribute orhow long you've joined the forum?

I hardly doubt the merit system will be removed from BitcoinTalk. I guess we all have to start making guides and tutorials in order to get a higher rank.
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:57:40 PM

After the implementation of the merit system, it will be much more difficult to earn the higher ranks.  It will not only require the activity but also quality posts that earn merits.  Earning the merits is the most difficult task of ranking up.  
paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 07:58:10 PM

This forum had been a lot of changes since it was published in public last 2013 and they indeed made some adjustments on how members will push their ranks into higher level.
The Merit system is until now a debate if it's effective or not, most of new members are indeed affected especially English isn't the native language of the most members in this forum.
I just fount it a good purpose to push rank when they deserve. I mean, meaningful replies, comments and posts will do have a good chances to step up UT otherwise most members will be stuck in their current rank since early January after the birth of Merit system.
Anyway, you could find some answer to this thread when you bump on Meta Section in this forum.
Read them and learn from them and don't bother to act non sense activities so that you'll not being awarded a red ribbon on your profile like me.
Good luck.

maurobiasolo

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:59:19 PM

After the implementation of the merit system, it will be much more difficult to earn the higher ranks.  It will not only require the activity but also quality posts that earn merits.  Earning the merits is the most difficult task of ranking up.  

Honestly, just a few people will reward useful posts with merits. Everything will turn into an exchange business and some black business will proliferate

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
nellycanezo

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:06:26 PM

before, every 2 weeks, your activity will update by adding 14. and if you reach the activity needed, you will rank up. But now, from newbie to jr.member you need to have 30 activity to rank up, afterwards to rank up member from jr.member, their are two factors needed. You need to reach the activity requirements and merits too. Activity is not that hard to have, but the merits one make it hard.
vdiablo3

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:07:41 PM

This answer is enough to answer your question. Now be careful in making post, make sure you make it with your knowledge of cryptocurrency, and try to make a quality post it will make you a little faster to up your rank, because the merit system will make you more excited in making post.

It is very hard to up a rank now. You can make a good post and get only 1-2 merits) But I think the quality of posts is increased.

KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:10:02 PM

Have been feeling the brunt of this change as I do not have any bitcointalk groups to work with to increase my merit.

Faroxx

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:13:00 PM

After the introduction of the merit system, it became difficult to raise its rank. Especially for a beginner. I think that we need to revise this system somehow.
otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:14:13 PM

Ranking on Bitcointalk use to be automatic. You contribute quality post and the forum promote you base on your number of your post and activities. Then came a lots of newbie who only want to spam the forum to get what they want that was the point where merit system came in to safe the forum from spam and scam.  

cryptonero

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:14:31 PM

You will need to have the required number of activities and merits for you to rank up here in bitcointalk,it was recently changed due to the forum spammers because a lot of people are posting shitposts and low quality posts that is why the owner of this forum should have to do something about it and the merit system was created to fight the spams because most of the people are joining signature campaigns even if they cant speak or write a decent english

blankpaladin

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:21:03 PM

not any longer regarding to our post. The rank up requirements have been changed. From activities to activities and merits. Try to check this link : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0
De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:21:37 PM

I think that the formula for calculating the number of ranks needs to be improved, I propose to introduce into the calculation formula an additional variable "time spent on the forum" and the number of advantages for moving to the next level is lower, I would also increase the rank for creating a topic
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:22:48 PM

Bitcoin talk has turn to what no one ever expected and am shot of words because I don't really know how the new rules of rank upgrading works before from 30 Activities you become a Jr. Member and 60 Activities you become a Member and so on but now I have 98 Activities still in Jr. Member sorry to say bitcoin talk is now more valuable than gold except those who don't know the value and I believe all cryptocurrency community knows the value of bitcoin talk rank. And this will also increase the respect of all the high ranking.
christian07

Activity: 265
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:23:19 PM

Wonder what will the criteria for a rank change in this forum? I mean to move form Jr ->Member ->Full member   etc.
better for you to read all about topic in meta because you need to know how to earn merit for your rank up and there's a lot of topics about merit there
is it number of posts you contribute
example of rank are if you already jr.member you need to get 10 merit by others to rank up in member rank and 70 activity after that 100 merit are needed and 120 activity to become full member rank
or how long you've joined the forum?
even your online everyday your rank will need merit to rank so if can't get one your rank will stock to jr.member
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:28:07 PM

No it is not depends on the number of post, it depends on the number of merit. Now it is harder for us to move from jr.member to member. But goodluck man

You are partially right, but get it right that both post count and merit now work side by side, you must have the allotted post count and merit before you move from any rank to another.

Yes is still the same as the previous ranking system. Just added merit to avoid Shitposter. So much more difficult now to rank up because it is based on the quality of your post.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
HectorFabian

Activity: 138
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:30:51 PM

thanks i am also a new and wanted to know this hopefully one day i can be a member
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: