Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:26:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Chili – 30+GH/s BFL based Bitcoin Miner Assembly  (Read 137664 times)
bx8389

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:48:09 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 12:02:12 AM by bx8389

Well apparently there was a power outage over the weekend that I wasn't aware of. Perhaps that has something to do with the issues. Either way on a whim I shut everything down and plugged the second Chili back in and for the past 45 minutes now they've both been cruising. I do find it interesting that when I was just running 1 it ran about 3GH/s faster though. Will they dynamically adjust their speed in response to a power shortage? Or to put it another way - is it possible/likely that the Chilis have the ability to run at a slower speed if they sense they aren't getting enough juice to really push things?

It shouldn't be a heat issue - one is air cooled and the other is water cooled and they're positioned in such a way that they shouldn't be sharing any warm air.

My chili's at 38Gh draw 220watts
The bottom end units run at 33Gh draw 180watts

one with defective engines runs at 23Gh and 140watts.

If you are getting 39Gh then all your chips are good ones and running at top speed, (the power draw will be a lot higher than 220w)

The chili's will run anywhere between 23gh and 40gh depending on the power available. The voltage will regulate to meet this level.

Much below 23gh the power supply stays below its critical voltage and will crash.

4 chilis working stable ( even been Lucko's boards ) since an 1 month and half on Coolermaster b700 G750. no aditional load.
Only issue: power cables temperature is 55 ºC ( so somewhat hot.. ) at connectors. I think power will be near 150/180W but Haven't mesured yet consumption at power cord.

For me, chilis apears not sensible to small power fluctuations but hashing seem very sensible to room temperature.
Today total 143 GHS 131 GHs at pool 25,5 ºC room temperature. I have got in some cold days 145 GHs.
If room temperature is below 24,5 ºC i have a big trouble to maintain a stable setup
regards
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:44:04 AM

Well apparently there was a power outage over the weekend that I wasn't aware of. Perhaps that has something to do with the issues. Either way on a whim I shut everything down and plugged the second Chili back in and for the past 45 minutes now they've both been cruising. I do find it interesting that when I was just running 1 it ran about 3GH/s faster though. Will they dynamically adjust their speed in response to a power shortage? Or to put it another way - is it possible/likely that the Chilis have the ability to run at a slower speed if they sense they aren't getting enough juice to really push things?

It shouldn't be a heat issue - one is air cooled and the other is water cooled and they're positioned in such a way that they shouldn't be sharing any warm air.

My chili's at 38Gh draw 220watts
The bottom end units run at 33Gh draw 180watts

one with defective engines runs at 23Gh and 140watts.

If you are getting 39Gh then all your chips are good ones and running at top speed, (the power draw will be a lot higher than 220w)

The chili's will run anywhere between 23gh and 40gh depending on the power available. The voltage will regulate to meet this level.

Much below 23gh the power supply stays below its critical voltage and will crash.

4 chilis working stable ( even been Lucko's boards ) since an 1 month and half on coolermaster b700. no aditional load.
Only issue: power cables temperature is 55 ºC ( so somewhat hot.. ) at connectors. I think power will be near 150/180W but Haven't mesured yet consumption at power cord.

For me chilis apears not sensible to small power fluctuations but hashing seem very sensible to room temperature.
Today total 143 GHS 131 GHs at pool 25,5 ºC room temperature. I have got in some cold days 145 GHs.
If room temperature is below 24,5 ºC i have a big trouble to maintain a stable setup
regards

It´s absolutely the same I have seen for weeks now - lower room temps are really a pain for start hashing.
When they start hashing - they finally run stable. I too have some boards what are starting everytime on 15 °C without a hairdryer.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
muto

Activity: 457

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:46:23 PM

WTB one Chili. Located in Germany. Please PM me
Min€r

Activity: 359

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:14:23 PM

WTB one Chili. Located in Germany. Please PM me

Do you have solder skills??

...would have one what need FTDI chip replacement ;-) ... if you need a "good" one you can PM me with your price suggest.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:42:34 PM

Grown with care, coming soon to a farm near you. Wink
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:57:36 PM

Grown with care, coming soon to a farm near you. Wink

Wow.. I love that pepper, must mean something fast is coming!
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:59:16 PM

I will translate that as meaning we have some Bitmine A1 28 NM Chili love coming. I hope I have enough BTC laying around for this ;-)
ZBC3

Activity: 361

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:05:40 PM

Is there a pepper spray coming?
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:16:07 PM

I'll be honest: It's going to be a race to see if Mr. Teal gets the 500gh chili out before I deliver the 300gh Jalapeno. :-)

C
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:26:41 PM

I'll be honest: It's going to be a race to see if Mr. Teal gets the 500gh chili out before I deliver the 300gh Jalapeno. :-)

C
LOL... Best of luck. I would be beyond impressed if you can shoehorn a Monarch ASIC into a Jalapeno, I know I'd buy one.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:41:52 PM

Well, how hard can it be?

Seriously: The BFL chips are probably using the same programming because why change it? Based on the board picture it looks like similar power needs/provides (1 volt, 3.3 volts, 5 volts with 3.3 volts running the logic, 1 volt running the engines), and the signaling to these things is remarkably simple (SPIO, basically unbalanced serial, low rate). All the clocks, details, and fun stuff is kept in the chip.

In theory one would need to supply it with power, read the signals, and get rid of the heat. An adapter board could be built with solder balls on the bottom to match the jalapeno board, then replace the trimmer resistors to set the 1 volt supplies to 1.3 volts or so, then either hack the Atmel code to provision the work or use the defaults and go.

Heat's tricky, but underclock it a bit and put a nice heat sink on top and it might stay cool. Getting it to all fit in a jalapeno box might be the challenge, but wouldn't it look cool?

C
GrapeApe

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:03:34 PM

I will translate that as meaning we have some Bitmine A1 28 NM Chili love coming. I hope I have enough BTC laying around for this ;-)

Man I hope your translation is correct. Mr.Teal's chili board has been my favourite piece of hardware.

Extremely reliable but also fun with everybody's different approaches to cooling and mounting. It made mining fun again when things had gotten a little boring with the ease of just plug and mine.

I hope I have enough as well.
gateway

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:09:23 PM

One hint.. it will have no bfl chips on it, unless Mr Teal glues some on the pcb's as little rubber stoppers on the bottom Smiley
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:41:43 PM

So where can we see some info on what you have in the works MrTeal?

I got BTC burning away ready to get in on a new 28nm miner.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
ronin4bits

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:52:43 PM

+1

Details...?
gateway

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:41:47 AM

+1

Details...?

Stay Tuned.. website coming on line soon....
derpberp

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:27:28 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 09:15:36 PM by derpberp

I don't know what to do so I am coming to the community. I own a Chili bitcoin miner and It has been working great for a long time. Yesterday, I had a windows update and it made my computer restart. When I came back, the miner was registered as an "Unknown Device". I have tried everything... Rebooting the miner. rebooting my laptop.. re-installing the Chili.hex driver with chili flash (No matter what I do, it won't show up on any usb hub, so I can't program it. It says nothing in the Commport it's just blank). I have even tried my other 2 computers.. both new and both I have mined on before. It registers as an unknown device on every computer i try. It's like the miners software got deleted and its just blank hardware now. It turns on, the 2 leds to the right alternate flashes and then quit after about 30 seconds then the large green led on the right turns on and stays on solid. It looks as if its running properly. I have tried to even look it up on zadig... When i did this before (when it worked).. It had TONS of information about BFL and it being an ASIC miner. Now when I check it on Zadig, It says "Unknown device". I've tried to download the FTDI driver for it because I figured maybe that was the reason it wouldn't show up in the commport - No matter how many times I uninstall the driver from the miner, It says its already installed and working properly and can't be updated. I really think something is wrong here. I need some advice badly and I would appreciate any ones help.

It's like the original software on the miner before you install anything on your computer is gone. It won't register as a miner on ANY COMPUTER anymore.

I have tried everything and NO matter what I try, The miner will not register as anything more than a "USB composite device" or "Unknown Device". Also, No matter what I do, I can not get it to show up in Chiliflash.exe on the Commport so I can program it. Its like all the information about the miner is gone.

Both computers are windows 7 64 bit. Both computers have run other ASICS in the past. BOTH computers used to pick up information about this miner, but no longer does, it has ZERO information about the miner

I'm very discouraged and worried that I'll never get this miner working again. I have tried everything I know to get it to work and I am stuck. SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME! Sad
Cascaders28

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:36:24 PM

Was it a single Windows Update or several? What was it an update for? If it was only one update, I'd probably try uninstalling that single update to see if that made things work again. As much as I don't like this option,  a System Restore to sometime last week might be worth trying too.

None of the above would explain why it won't work on multiple PCs but I'm using 2 Chilis on a Windows 7 x64 PC without any issues. One thing I'll say though is that I actually disabled auto-updates because I didn't want it restarting in the middle of the night and losing hashing time. I just check for and install them manually once a week or so but its a very bare bones PC with little more than mining software on it.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:15:16 PM

Its sounds like the miner died at about the same time as patches went on. Coincidentally. Patches shouldn't impact an USB attached device itself.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:47:36 PM

I don't know what to do so I am coming to the community. I own a Chili bitcoin miner and It has been working great for a long time. Yesterday, I had a windows update and it made my computer restart. When I came back, the miner was registered as an "Unknown Device". I have tried everything... Rebooting the miner. rebooting my laptop.. re-installing the Chili.hex driver with chili flash (No matter what I do, it won't show up on any usb hub, so I can't program it. It says nothing in the Commport it's just blank). I have even tried my other 2 computers.. both new and both I have mined on before. It registers as an unknown device on every computer i try. It's like the miners software got deleted and its just blank hardware now. It turns on, the 2 leds to the right alternate flashes and then quit after about 30 seconds then the large green led on the right turns on and stays on solid. It looks as if its running properly. I have tried to even look it up on zadig... When i did this before (when it worked).. It had TONS of information about BFL and it being an ASIC miner. Now when I check it on Zadig, It says "Unknown device". I've tried to download the FTDI driver for it because I figured maybe that was the reason it wouldn't show up in the commport - No matter how many times I uninstall the driver from the miner, It says its already installed and working properly and can't be updated. I really think something is wrong here. I need some advice badly and I would appreciate any ones help.

It's like the original software on the miner before you install anything on your computer is gone. It won't register as a miner on ANY COMPUTER anymore.

I have tried everything and NO matter what I try, The miner will not register as anything more than a "USB composite device" or "Unknown Device". Also, No matter what I do, I can not get it to show up in Chiliflash.exe on the Commport so I can program it. Its like all the information about the miner is gone.

Both computers are windows 7 64 bit. Both computers have run other ASICS in the past. BOTH computers used to pick up information about this miner, but no longer does, it has ZERO information about the miner

Disheartened, I have wrote the Dev. 5 times now and he keeps telling me to do things I've already tried, like hes not even reading my messages. I told him exactly what I've told you guys above, and he told me to "reboot it" then 12 hours later he tells me to "Try plugging it into a different computer to see if it comes up. If it does, the miner is fine. You could try uninstalling it while it's plugged in and then unplug/replug it to see if that brings it up."

I don't know if its a language barrier or what, I'm being very polite and now I'm very discouraged and worried that I'll never get this miner working again. I have tried everything I know to get it to work and I am stuck. SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME! Sad
To be fair, all 5 of those messages were in the last 12 hours, which also encompasses the overnight period where I live. Your first message just indicated that after your computer restarted it wasn't detected after which you tried reinstalling the drivers, but you made no mention of power cycling the Chili. I wanted to make you had as the miner can sometimes hang if the mining software crashes. I do apologize for missing that you had already tried a different computer in the three messages that were waiting for me this morning though. I just want to be thorough on trying to find a software fix on your computer end if there is one, as if there is a hardware problem with the miner then there really isn't anything that can be done to get up back up and mining immediately. You said you tried reinstalling the VCP drivers, have you tried seeing if you can communicate with the FTDI chip using the FTDI_Prog linked in the second post of this thread?
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: