Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:05:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Study: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists  (Read 80410 times)
My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:45:24 AM

It's been my experience that people hate things that tend to challenge their sense of self-identity.....
You may be defining one type of hate, which exists on occasion.  But that is not the whole story.  Hate exists as a human emotion and there are likely good reasons for it, based in our survival as a species.  Thus it is false to consider a lack of hate as making one a better or superior person.  

Of course, misplaced hate would be counterproductive, but so would misplaced love or any other emotion.

I think hate became outdated around the time we expected to live in a civilized society. I don't see much function for it now. Hate leads to aggression, and the initiator of aggression is always wrong.

Your notion of civilized society is hated by tribes getting pushed back and their land stolen in the Amazon rainforest  Wink

It's an uncomfortable subject, but I do not think a basic trait of human nature could be "outdated", and that was my point.  Misuse of that trait, certainly.

But not the trait itself.

I assumed when you said hate was useful originally, you were speaking to some evolutionary advantage it bestowed to have the capacity to hate other beings. Short of that, I don't buy the premise at all. I don't see the usefulness of hate at all. I don't deny it's part of human nature, but my comment about civilized society is that we know better now than to let our actions be hateful and aggressive towards people who don't deserve it.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 02:47:20 AM

It's been my experience that people hate things that tend to challenge their sense of self-identity.....
You may be defining one type of hate, which exists on occasion.  But that is not the whole story.  Hate exists as a human emotion and there are likely good reasons for it, based in our survival as a species.  Thus it is false to consider a lack of hate as making one a better or superior person.  

Of course, misplaced hate would be counterproductive, but so would misplaced love or any other emotion.

I think hate became outdated around the time we expected to live in a civilized society. I don't see much function for it now. Hate leads to aggression, and the initiator of aggression is always wrong.

Your notion of civilized society is hated by tribes getting pushed back and their land stolen in the Amazon rainforest  Wink

It's an uncomfortable subject, but I do not think a basic trait of human nature could be "outdated", and that was my point.  Misuse of that trait, certainly.

But not the trait itself.

I assumed when you said hate was useful originally, you were speaking to some evolutionary advantage it bestowed to have the capacity to hate other beings. Short of that, I don't buy the premise at all. I don't see the usefulness of hate at all. I don't deny it's part of human nature, but my comment about civilized society is that we know better now than to let our actions be hateful and aggressive towards people who don't deserve it.
I think his point is even though most people are civilized, not all of us know better even today.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:51:03 AM

Next thing you know people will believe that Anthropogenic Global Warming is real.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:58:30 AM

That's accurate.  But that evolutionary advantage is really important.  Yes it would seem it creates action sets both good and bad of many types.  For example, someone may hate certain things that are bad, and strive to improve or correct them.

Things that motivate humans can't be taken lightly or disregarded.

I think his point is even though most people are civilized, not all of us know better even today.
You cannot conflagrate bad ACTIONS based on hate with the human emotion itself.  It is astonishing to think that because we are "modern" we could recreate or "improve" the emotional matrix comprising the human set.

Teaching or suggesting that humans can control their emotions is one thing, but positing that we can or should or might have an "improved human who cannot hate" is a really scary proposition.

Now I know a girl who hates spiders.   And cockroaches.  Probably a reason for that, you know?

LOL...

Bringing all this back to the OP, the version of "hate" that may exist for environmentalists and feminists is, well, about at the level of hatred of spiders and cockroaches....
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:13:58 PM

Feminist Naomi Wolf Suggests ISIS Beheading Videos Aren’t Real, Victims Possible Actors…

Author Naomi Wolf has been accused of being ‘disrespectful’ after suggesting footage of hostages being beheaded by ISIS militants isn’t real.

The 51-year-old American writer made a series of controversial statements questioning the authenticity of the footage in a number of messages on her Facebook page.

The initial post in which the feminist activist questions where the terror group are ‘getting all these folks from’ was deleted.

In another post, she also said that the Obama administration was sending troops to West Africa to confront the Ebola outbreak so they could return with the deadly infection – justifying a military takeover of Africa.

Social media users quickly rounded on her with some suggesting her theories were ‘crazy’ while others said her views were ‘harmful’ and had disrespected the victims’ families.

A video released on Friday appeared to show British hostage Alan Henning being beheaded by Jihadi John.

He is the fourth person to have been brutally murdered at the hands of the extremists, and a fifth, former Army ranger Peter Kaggis, has been threatened as the next victim

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2781864/Author-Naomi-Wolf-condemned-suggesting-videos-hostages-beheaded-ISIS-aren-t-real.html

------------------------------------------------------------
Naomi Wolf is an American author and former political consultant. With the publication of the 1991 bestselling book The Beauty Myth, she became a leading spokeswoman of what was later described as the third wave of the feminist movement.[4] In 2007, she published the bestselling book The End of America.

cryptonikus

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:16:03 PM

In america everything is extreme, I have no problem with protecting nature and women having same rights as males, but people in america are always pushing things to extremes, they dont understand concept of healthy extent.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:43:15 PM

In america everything is extreme, I have no problem with protecting nature and women having same rights as males, but people in america are always pushing things to extremes, they dont understand concept of healthy extent.

I think this sentiment is subject to confirmation bias. You have a stereotype, and then selectively remember or emphasize all the instances where your initial prejudice is confirmed.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:37:38 PM

Nowhere else in the world things can go extreme... Roll Eyes

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:44:01 PM

Renewable Energy Fails Protesters Calling for More Renewable Energy

Demonstrators gathered outside the Public Service Commission to protest against a requested rate structure change by the local utility company, Madison Gas and Electric (MG&E). During the protest, they decried the use of “dirty coal” and called for more renewable energy. To make their point, they had a blow-up coal power plant that was running on a fan powered by wind and solar charged batteries. Before the protest was over, however, the batteries died and their solar panel could not produce enough energy to keep the power plant standing upright.

http://youtu.be/2Fs5v6NHTHg

awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:13:24 AM

Where did that coal thing come from? Seems rather, spontaneous.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:08:03 PM

I don't know what people think about them, but they keep getting more and more power and receiving more and more privileges, like subsidies.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 04:19:47 PM

"In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 per day"

Jacques Yves Cousteau

"Stabilize?"  Populations follow chaotic predator/prey overshoot/collapse dynamics, and are anything but stable.

Cousteau is fun to watch goofing around with manatees and dolphins, but on matters of policy he should have kept his stupid hippie mouth shut.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:05:26 PM

"In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 per day"

Jacques Yves Cousteau

"Stabilize?"  Populations follow chaotic predator/prey overshoot/collapse dynamics, and are anything but stable.

Cousteau is fun to watch goofing around with manatees and dolphins, but on matters of policy he should have kept his stupid hippie mouth shut.

It is funny how people like Cousteau never practiced they own theory on their lifestyle and family. It's always people, population, never I should make sure never to have any kids or I should make sure not to use a polluting vessel like the Calypso to bother those creatures I am filming..

papageno

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:32:43 PM

everyone hates them with reason
awesome31312

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:15:33 AM

I don't know what people think about them, but they keep getting more and more power and receiving more and more privileges, like subsidies.

"Stop oppressing me by not paying for my abortion!"

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:14:19 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 08:06:09 PM by Wilikon

awesome31312

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:11:16 AM

VERY progressive!

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:11:56 PM

I wish a progressive could ask that little girl to describe what those words really mean in details, not missing one pubic hair, then put it on video. For some, it would be a progressive move. For others they would see it as what it is: more exploitation of little children by adults with this anti human agenda, ready to be discarded by other future progressive projects like disposable Kleenex. This is how this cancer made of selfish minds operates...  Cool

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:41:51 AM

Women sleeping 16 to a room get paid a $1.24 an hour to make "This Is What A Feminist Looks Like" T-shirts in an Indian Ocean sweatshop

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:49:58 AM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: