Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:10:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Bitcoin a Bubble that will eventually burst permanently?
Yes Bitcoin is a bubble it will burst permanently. - 13 (14.1%)
No bitcoin wont burst for years it will go up year on year. - 29 (31.5%)
Bitcoin is a continues bubble it will burst and rise until it eventually stabilises - 22 (23.9%)
Bitcoin will burst and rise until it eventually bursts and die - 2 (2.2%)
Price is on the recovery from that big dump and market is going back to normal levels to reach there and after that start rising. - 26 (28.3%)
Total Voters: 92

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Bubble?  (Read 2413 times)
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:24:54 AM

Many experts say that bitcoin is a bubble. There are fluctuations in prices or corrections on every market. The cryptocurrency market is a young growing market. After each large drop, the price recovers. If bitcoin was a bubble it would have died a long time ago.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:32:44 AM

Many experts say that bitcoin is a bubble. There are fluctuations in prices or corrections on every market. The cryptocurrency market is a young growing market. After each large drop, the price recovers. If bitcoin was a bubble it would have died a long time ago.

This kind of discussion will not simply go away. Bitcoin works in a circular manner. It goes down, crashes and then recovered. So I think that you can called it a bubble.

But some experts still insists in its. But  I don't think that the basic fundamental law of economics isn't applicable to crypto in general. The tulip bubble is different, the dotcom bubble is different. They are not even comparable.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:39:58 AM

Bitcoin is not a bubble. Everyone of us have been witness of how bitcoin has increased in price since the year 2009 when bitcoin was created. Bitcoin is not a bubble because is a new technolgical and financial creation of the latest century and can be used for many different things and purposes. The best of purposes I believe is that it can be used as a store of value some times changing a person life if he has been patient enough. There is a reason why bitcoin is called gold 2.0 .

You're on point. I wonder why people call Bitcoin a bubble forgetting that It's the next phase of financial advancement. If it was a bubble, I figured it would've been day a long time ago. But amidst the fuds and negativity people in the media and higher positions throw at it, It's still standing tall and strong. Bitcoin would shock a lot of people in years to come when people stop thinking about it as a bubble and see it for the technology it represents.

12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:40:25 AM

Thanks for your feedback, I understand there can be swings but can the Bitcoin bubble burst all together at any point, i.e. permanently? Huh
No. The parameters that govern or determine the price of bitcoin known as market forces are a mix and hence the bubble cannot eventually result permanently burst..... It is not a Ponzi Scheme, where people's funds are used to pay the up liners.....

cryptofeel

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:44:13 AM

I observed that the way bitcoin is going, it will eventually become a backed currency accepted by many countries as instrument for payment. It follows then that the burst expected in a bubble is likely to not happen
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:04:38 AM

Bitcoin is a bubble that can happen at any time, and I also expect bitcoin prices to soar up to $ 50,000 in 2018, and in the future I also believe bitcoin will have a higher value.
Agree with that, we really don't know where it goes, any time there is a change which everyone isn't expecting it to happen. As we recall 2017 bitcoin's price are totally soaring high which bring to much attention to the public, but suddenly it goes down fast just like the way it goes up.
ScotlandPros (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 45
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:27:32 PM

It is great to read alternative points of view on this. I heard Germany are legalising Bitcoin. Hopefully this will help with long term sustainability  Smiley
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:37:20 PM

It make sense that bitcoin is a bubble but i think for the next few years it will overcome it's problems and bitcoin price will gonna be stable although right now there's a high chance that bitcoin is a bubble that can burst anytime but i hope that it's not gonna happen sooner.

Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:41:00 PM

Bitcoin is not a bubble, the price will stabilize and Bitcoin will be here to stay. The G20 discussion on cryptocurrencies this month will result in worldwide regulations and that will put a halt to the price increase. The price will be stabilized around 10K and Bitcoin will be accepted worldwide, but it will no longer be decentralized.

maimainguyen05

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:47:31 PM

The saying Bitcoin is a bubble is an entirely unreasonable thing, mainly based on the fact that the exchange rate of the crypto fluctuates in time, has sometimes dropped to $8000. I always believed that Bitcoin would become the future of money in the future. The next 20 years cryptocurrencies will become more popular at the present time with the approval of governments in the countries.

ScotlandPros (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 45
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:19:00 PM

It gives me confidence to see that no one has voted ' it will burst permanently' or 'it will eventually burst and die'. The general consensus throughout post is bitcoin will last long term.
NORD YGGDRASIL

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:03:20 AM

It gives me confidence to see that no one has voted ' it will burst permanently' or 'it will eventually burst and die'. The general consensus throughout post is bitcoin will last long term.
Bitcoin is a bubble. Yes. But he will not die. It will only inflate and deflate periodically. With each time becoming more and more. Over time, crypto currencies will completely replace fiat money.
Missterio

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:19:13 AM

Every day in bitcoin millions of new people come, do you seriously think that it can crumble? it's just impossible this is a big business that will only grow.
SaiWAFU

Activity: 193
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:21:29 AM

Hello community,

I have heard some reports that 'someone' has put $1 million on Bitcoin being $50,000 before the end of 2018 and other conflicting reports that Bitcoin is a bubble that is going to burst. I understand this is very much a time will tell kind of question and some may argue that the press has said bitcoin is  going to burst/fail since it came out but look at it now... and I understand there may be at least a chance it could be worth $1 million in the future.

What I am asking is what are the big Bitcoin holders thoughts on this are they bailing or are they holding for the long hall, if they are holding can 'The Bitcoin Bubble' really still burst?

I have most of my eggs riding in this crazy but attractive world and would really appreciate inside feedback.

Thanks for reading  Shocked Cool Huh Undecided

Hopefully bitcoin will just stabilize not burst. Not like oil or any products, bitcoin is just an alternative for fiat and other banking transactions, yes it has several features but we can still do the traditional transactions without bitcoin. My point is, the main function of bitcoin is not far with banks so there would be a possibility of it to just burst.
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:44:22 PM

any pyramid has top management! I believe that Bitcoin is a pyramid, but the pyramid does not have a manager! Because, the more people invest in the crypto world, the higher the rate of all currencies! But in my opinion this is a very serious alternative to paper money! The popularity is growing exponentially like capitalization!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:28:53 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin is traditional financial pyramid, it's not bad and it's not good, it's just real situation.
Hellas Fos

Activity: 74
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:44:33 PM

Some used to call "Bitcoin a bubble" when it was $500.
Same when it was $1000.
Same now,
and same when it goes $100K.

Real estate is in bubble.
Why do I need a  million $/euros to get an average apartment in most European city centres.
How much do the bricks cost? A thousand each?
It is just "Supply & Demand" some will say.
Alright then the same rule applies to the BTC
Michellekking

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:48:29 PM

Hello community,

I have heard some reports that 'someone' has put $1 million on Bitcoin being $50,000 before the end of 2018 and other conflicting reports that Bitcoin is a bubble that is going to burst. I understand this is very much a time will tell kind of question and some may argue that the press has said bitcoin is  going to burst/fail since it came out but look at it now... and I understand there may be at least a chance it could be worth $1 million in the future.

What I am asking is what are the big Bitcoin holders thoughts on this are they bailing or are they holding for the long hall, if they are holding can 'The Bitcoin Bubble' really still burst?

I have most of my eggs riding in this crazy but attractive world and would really appreciate inside feedback.

Thanks for reading  Shocked Cool Huh Undecided

I don't think bitcoin is a bubble. Now that the value of bitcoin has been recognized by some countries, it is now traded on the futures exchange, and it is recognized for its value.
clvchb

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:02:09 AM

Bitcoin is not a bubble. Everyone of us have been witness of how bitcoin has increased in price since the year 2009 when bitcoin was created. Bitcoin is not a bubble because is a new technolgical and financial creation of the latest century and can be used for many different things and purposes. The best of purposes I believe is that it can be used as a store of value some times changing a person life if he has been patient enough. There is a reason why bitcoin is called gold 2.0 .

Instead of asking if there is a bubble in the price of Bitcoin, it might as well be used in one sentence: the bubble is not terrible, and the fear is that the bubble bursts.
zhuiyongliang8

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:03:39 AM

Cryptocurrency bitcoin has been the subject of several accolades over the past year, from Wall Street in the us to the neighborhood of Singapore, where it has become a topic of conversation.

Investors have to keep in mind that volatility is a two-way street, and the price of encryption can rise quickly, as does the pace of decline. Bitcoin is a bubble that can happen at any time.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: