Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:07:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Bitcoin a Bubble that will eventually burst permanently?
Yes Bitcoin is a bubble it will burst permanently. - 13 (14.1%)
No bitcoin wont burst for years it will go up year on year. - 29 (31.5%)
Bitcoin is a continues bubble it will burst and rise until it eventually stabilises - 22 (23.9%)
Bitcoin will burst and rise until it eventually bursts and die - 2 (2.2%)
Price is on the recovery from that big dump and market is going back to normal levels to reach there and after that start rising. - 26 (28.3%)
Total Voters: 92

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Bubble?  (Read 2413 times)
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:44:32 AM

Arguably, all markets go through a bubble phase. It is a part of maturation. Bitcoin will skyrocket and crash repeatedly, and eventually will stabilize.
Boomerang Capital

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:17:12 AM

when you hear Bitcoin is a bubble criticism or NoCoiners proclaiming it’s like MySpace, that something “better” will eclipse it and win, it’s an easy bet that they don’t understand the network effects or likely anything else about cryptography and the underpinnings of Bitcoin. They’re a lot like the “Blockchain, not Bitcoin” crowd that also typically understands neither.

Reports of BTC death have been greatly exaggerated. In fact, Bitcoin has been pronounced dead so many times over the years, that an entire website aptly
named BitcoinObituaries.com is dedicated to these announcements.

BTC will be 40K by November. Oh and watch out for the 2nd boom........

Twitter: @BoomerCapital
Web: boomerangcapital.org
ScotlandPros (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 45
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:20:06 AM

Arguably, all markets go through a bubble phase. It is a part of maturation. Bitcoin will skyrocket and crash repeatedly, and eventually will stabilize.

Well said, this is also my opinion however I think it is great that Bitcoin talk gives freedom of opinion and the poll allows an honest open gauge for what the majority feels.
ScotlandPros (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 45
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:34:17 AM

the 2 big qustions that keep coming up are
is bitcoin a bubble
is bitcoin an S-curve

the answer
its actually both...

depending on what your looking at.

if your only looking at the HIGH price of a given time. its a bubble.. the speculative hype and air which can inflate prices aswell as burst prices,
.. like a bubble.

but if you chart the price data and draw a line along the LOWEST prices long term you will see the true value. the part that no one is
stupid to sell below.

think of the long term lowest line as a water line in a bath.. its a point of resistance.. anything above that is speculative hot air that fluctuates (grows and pops)

we are still in the first decade of a many decade life of the coin. which based on things like coin supply (block halving events) and population saturation will  have the waterline in a S curve.. and then variable amounts ontop for the speculative bubble based on the small amount of coin moving on exchanges that ends up causing more volatile movements

anyway here is an image for the younger generation that can only understand images

I truly hope this is this case and we can all benefit greatly for years to come Cool
baho11

Activity: 263
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:50:50 AM

Bitcoin is not a bubble only the price decline but still remain on its popularity and continues to operate the forum . Bubbles means it comes and suddenly  it appears without any signs, thats a bubble .
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:27:31 AM

Actually I don't believe bitcoin is a bubble as you can see now bitcoin was still developing and transforming its own systme to be effective for all of us. If bitcoin is a bubble it should burst now but luckily bitcoin was trying and still working on the price actually the price of bitcoin ever year was rising.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:34:33 AM

obviously not. do you expect bitcoin to explode later ? i think it wont.
bitcoin hype last year is not a bubble. it got corrected later on january to march.
now the market is going to be green again. a bubble wont do this.
jame kotler

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:05:48 AM

If we go by the actual definite of economic bubble, then any asset which lacks utility but still have a hige worth is termed as bubble. Bitcoin which is only being run on supply and demand which is a result of speculation can be termed as bubble. But will this bubble burst is hard to tell because cryptocurrencies are completely new form of economic model which have short history and hence can't be tested over traditional economic terms.
Victorias

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

Gamblica Token Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 04:02:20 PM

Nobody can reliably answer this question. Not because he doesn't want it but because he doesn't know for sure. All answers can only be assumptions.
I think that bitcoin will exist for a long time and all him strong fluctuations are a good opportunity to earn a lot of money.

lamcouz

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:07:20 PM

I don't believe it . Bitcoin will not die easily. The transactions made by bitcoin are still taking place. I see many big investors they still buy into bitcoin. I think it does not easily disappear it will continue for a long time
WebTera

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:50:34 PM

I trust bitcoin and have never considered it a Scam or a bubble. I believe in the technology itself, not just the way to make money. And if you have any doubts - just do not invest, save your nerves.
Dondisimo

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:58:13 PM

Now a lot of skeptics say that cryptocurrency is one big fraud, but if it is, then why in 10 years of its existence, no one could confirm or prove it? I think it's all just talk.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
lekegami

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:28:11 PM

Bitcoin is not a bubble. Everyone of us have been witness of how bitcoin has increased in price since the year 2009 when bitcoin was created. Bitcoin is not a bubble because is a new technolgical and financial creation of the latest century.
cxmyifan16

Activity: 377

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:43:27 AM

I don't think that it is a bubble.Despite the fact, that it is supported by anything i believe it has a great potential and it will occupy its niche soon , as for me i would like to use it as the main currency

trang1188

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:48:55 AM

after the price of btc increase so fast in 2017 it is really make bubble,when bubble broken the price btc fall so fast,it make altcoin falls,now when btc falls and it is more stable and recovery again,i beleive till now for the end 2018 btc and crypto market will strong increase,btc can take obert the top of 2017: 20000usd
nani culi

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:08:17 AM

I don't think bitcoin has a big bubble, and the price of bitcoin is constantly rising in the correction. People only see the price of bitcoin increasing and the bitcoin community is constantly expanding. If bubbles are to be felt, altcoin is a lot of bubbles
hrz

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:18:20 AM

very true bitcoin is a bubble, although bitcoin down the price but bitcoin will be expensive again and will explode the price.
SingAlong

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:34:24 AM

I think Bitcoin is not a bubble if it's a bubble it can burst anytime but luckily bitcoin are still alive and improving. Maybe bitcoin price are unpredictable sometimes it will rise and some other day it will fall but can you see how bitcoin developing every year and price are getting higher every year.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
lamcouz

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:37:37 AM

The real price of bitcoin is what you see right now. Because it is defined by the people and their interest in it. Some people may be controlling the price like bitcoin whales with their dumping and pumping but it is what it is. All you can do is either ride the wave or stand your ground.
gunungkembar

Activity: 575
Merit: 43

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:39:05 AM

bitcoin is not like bubbles if bitcoin like bubbles when it breaks will certainly never get back to the high price again, I think bitcoin like waves which means when bitcoin above then the price can go down and can go back up again.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: