Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:31:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Your biggest bitcoin regrets?  (Read 42966 times)
d@nte

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:30:50 PM

I spent my bitcoins for fx investment 2-3 years ago. And I won %65 profit. But I didn't return bitcoin again Sad
investments can provide a huge advantage to you, but you do not forget the risk of investment. if you're greedy is very likely you will lose and lose all your profits

Invest btc is one of ways to earn many profit but it is has big risk too.
There are no restrictions to invest your Bitcoin Everyone has their own way to gain up his Bitcoin. but you should have to know when to invest Bitcoin, it takes a long time to get many profit and also have a great risk that your money will not returned.
I think that although Bitcoin trading is not as risky as altcoins trading, the risks remain very high. It is necessary to be aware of a large number of events, since any change in the politics and economy of large countries that use Bitcoin has the potential to bring great changes in price. But the good side of trading is that with the passage of time the experience contributes to the investor making better decisions.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6298

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:34:07 PM

Having deleted Bitcoin from my computer in late 2010/early 2011 (I don't know the exact date, but it was long before the first MtGox hype) and not having cared about my wallet which already had some money (although never 1 BTC) in it.

So now I'm only a "early adopter" (using it "really" since early 2013, so I "did" get some under-$50 coins) but I could have been an "earliest adopter" Wink )

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:52:17 PM

I like that noob claiming to pay 10K bitcoins for a pizza and immediately other noobs thinking to themselves: I'll be damned, so maybe those shitcoins can reach prices more than $500 someday? then goes to yobit and buys 100K from every and each garbage of a coin with the hopes of getting rich 5 years from now.
I have no regrets but only feel sad that I don't have a billion dollar to buy bitcoins with all of it.

🖤😏
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 04:31:29 PM

Biggest regret is definitely gambling and losing 8 BTC a few years back. That's probably why you see me adamantly opposing most forms of gambling around here. Most of the time, it's just not worth it.
Loosing in gambling would be always number one among all regrets. But 8 BTC it's just huge money today.

Losing 8 btc is a high amount but then only one person who can afford to take risk of 8 btc can do gambling of 8 btc. So for him loss may not be as big as it seems. For other person, 8 btc might be the earning of the whole year and they wont even dream to risk it in gambling.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 04:37:20 PM

Biggest regret is definitely gambling and losing 8 BTC a few years back. That's probably why you see me adamantly opposing most forms of gambling around here. Most of the time, it's just not worth it.
Loosing in gambling would be always number one among all regrets. But 8 BTC it's just huge money today.

Losing 8 btc is a high amount but then only one person who can afford to take risk of 8 btc can do gambling of 8 btc. So for him loss may not be as big as it seems. For other person, 8 btc might be the earning of the whole year and they wont even dream to risk it in gambling.
I guess, whoever loses 8 BTC, will be very sorry, even people who have a lot of money. Well, when I lost 0.1 BTC because of gambling, maybe it will be my biggest regret to date. Well, maybe it is a painful experience.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:35:21 PM

My regret is losing a chance to acquire bitcoins when its price was $200 and my broker was offering me the possibility of withdrawing my earnings through bitcoin. And I rejected that option because I was expecting a new drop to $150-180 that never occurred, nor will occur.
kumax

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

🚀 🌏

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 08:50:52 PM

My regret is losing a chance to acquire bitcoins when its price was $200 and my broker was offering me the possibility of withdrawing my earnings through bitcoin. And I rejected that option because I was expecting a new drop to $150-180 that never occurred, nor will occur.

Whoops, bad luck, but it happens almost to all of us. Grin We wait until the price is lower to buy it, or when it it's higher to sell it, but it never happens as we want and the truth is, it is usually exactly the opposite direction. Cheesy Cheesy
So when did you finally get the bitcoin train after this experience? Grin
belov

Activity: 94
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 09:22:27 PM

Today's Memory pool backlogged... Is bitcoin really ready for real market?

Most likely that is a spam attack, and likely not as big of a deal as you seem to want to suggest.

Bitcoin provides a lot of value that traditional centralized and mutable financial institutions do not provide... and yeah, sometimes there are delays that you will need to consider when sending transactions.

In the past 48 hours, I had two transactions that I sent with high priority fees, yesterday's transaction took about 22 hours to go through, and my today's transaction from a few hours ago took about 90 minutes to go through.  Both transactions showed as "pending" - immediately after sending.

you tell us, what is better than bitcoin?  Are you suggesting another crypto or are you suggesting fiat or traditional financial institutions?    Are you suggesting that bitcoin is overvalued because of this issue that you are alleging to be a "problem?" or are you alleging that bitcoin will only go to $10k per coin rather than $50k per coin because of such "problem?"

I just declare my biggest regret. Bitcoin is definitely the future and my question was is it here or not yet...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10263

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 10:42:38 PM

Today's Memory pool backlogged... Is bitcoin really ready for real market?

Most likely that is a spam attack, and likely not as big of a deal as you seem to want to suggest.

Bitcoin provides a lot of value that traditional centralized and mutable financial institutions do not provide... and yeah, sometimes there are delays that you will need to consider when sending transactions.

In the past 48 hours, I had two transactions that I sent with high priority fees, yesterday's transaction took about 22 hours to go through, and my today's transaction from a few hours ago took about 90 minutes to go through.  Both transactions showed as "pending" - immediately after sending.

you tell us, what is better than bitcoin?  Are you suggesting another crypto or are you suggesting fiat or traditional financial institutions?    Are you suggesting that bitcoin is overvalued because of this issue that you are alleging to be a "problem?" or are you alleging that bitcoin will only go to $10k per coin rather than $50k per coin because of such "problem?"

I just declare my biggest regret. Bitcoin is definitely the future and my question was is it here or not yet...

Doesn't really sound as if you are topical, and if you feel that you overinvested, then you could either take some or all of your money out of it.

I frequently suggest to folks to attempt to invest at least 1% of your quasi-liquid investment assets in bitcoin, sure some folks are going to chose higher amounts, and some folks may chose lower amounts.

Initially, I had intended to invest about 10% of my quasi-liquid investment assets into bitcoin (and that was in late 2013), and since BTC prices continued to drop throughout 2014, by then end of 2014, I had gotten pretty close to investing 15% of my quasi-liquid investment assets into bitcoin.  Now, due to BTC's price appreciation, my allocation towards BTC has become nearly 25% , and for some reason I do not really feel overallocated towards BTC (maybe that is because of BTC's price appreciation?), and I do not feel that I need to redistribute away from BTC... (maybe that is just me?)

Within my BTC holdings, I have created a trading practice that seems to help me in terms of some of BTC's volatility.. and I currently do not perceive BTC to be overvalued.. even if some folks are finding reasons to criticize bitcoin in various ways.. .  Such criticisms do not really matter that much because bitcoin is not going to necessarily bring everything to everyone, but it does bring a whole hell of a lot of interesting paradigm shifting innovation in terms of a decentralized immutable secure means to transmit and store value and so far has no competition... name a competitor in that regards?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:08:37 PM

I guess, whoever loses 8 BTC, will be very sorry, even people who have a lot of money. Well, when I lost 0.1 BTC because of gambling, maybe it will be my biggest regret to date. Well, maybe it is a painful experience.
of course, even though you're a rich man though. lost 8 BTC is losing big money, or the equivalent of $ 7200~. of course I will cry when I lose money for it. gambling is a scourge for many people
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:17:14 PM

Having deleted Bitcoin from my computer in late 2010/early 2011 (I don't know the exact date, but it was long before the first MtGox hype) and not having cared about my wallet which already had some money (although never 1 BTC) in it.

So now I'm only a "early adopter" (using it "really" since early 2013, so I "did" get some under-$50 coins) but I could have been an "earliest adopter" Wink )
Everyone has these sort of sad stories to tell as no one considered this to be successful in the beginning and those who stick to it made millions or atleast had the opportunity to mine coins when the difficulty was really low and you could mine using your GPU.I do regret not mining during that time because whenever i tried mining the system was getting really hot and so i never bothered that again. Smiley
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 11:53:53 PM

Everyone has these sort of sad stories to tell as no one considered this to be successful in the beginning and those who stick to it made millions or atleast had the opportunity to mine coins when the difficulty was really low and you could mine using your GPU.I do regret not mining during that time because whenever i tried mining the system was getting really hot and so i never bothered that again. Smiley
I remember bitcoins before 2011 that you can mined bitcoin with gpu since i was looking for investment since 2010-2011 before i found that bitcoin mining and using hardware computers gpu and cpu mining until the price is increased and release the antminers from usb to release of series of ant miners s3 and s5 i bought s5 late 2014 and sell them in 2015 due to not so profitable and release the s7 until now s9 i cant afford to buy again because of high electricity cost not profitable any more here in my country.. but regretting is there because the price still increased and lose the opportunity again when the price is hit $1k from 2013 and this year..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
wh04m1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 12:23:01 AM

I was not interested when I first heard about Bitcoin. A few years later I heard the name bitcoin from scratch and started to examine it.
It's the only thing I regret. I could have been interested in the bitcoin issue beforehand.
sevendust777

Activity: 806
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 01:13:04 AM

We all have regrets. My regret was not getting into Bitcoin in 2012 when I had the first chance after reading about it. . . I had a chance to buy in 2014 with a friend introducing me to bitcoin which again i just ignored... Not investing now in bitcoin will again make us regret...

..BYBIT reddit.......                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10263

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 01:30:09 AM

We all have regrets. My regret was not getting into Bitcoin in 2012 when I had the first chance after reading about it. . . I had a chance to buy in 2014 with a friend introducing me to bitcoin which again i just ignored... Not investing now in bitcoin will again make us regret...

I don't really agree with the premise of your answer.

Sure, we can look back and rethink our previous strategy or approach, but that looking back should inform us about what actions (or not) to take today.

One of the best strategies is to merely buy in a proportion that reflects your then perceptions and then to live with the choices and maybe to tweak from time to time in order to rebalance your holdings with your updated perceptions.

One of the most difficult parts might be taking the initial move to just set up accounts or wallets or whatever holding strategy - and then later as time goes on, you might add more strategies or subtract some.

Accordingly, my personal level of regret is not really great, but I agree that there should always be situations in which you reflect upon those and you realize that you could have made better decisions based on the information that you then had or that you could have researched a bit more in order to better inform yourself at that earlier time.

So, today, your decision about what to do may have to do with what you have already done - if you believe that you bought too much or if you believe that you have not bought enough in accordance with your own financial means and your own perceptions of the future.

One thing that I have difficulties recommending or understanding is when people take leveraged positions...  I do understand that strategic leveraging can sometimes help, but in the end, leveraging is one of those areas that can be quite risky if you do not apportion it properly to account for the risks.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
hotpassion

Activity: 155
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 02:10:04 AM

My biggest regret is same to most people here. I knew about BTC since 2013 but didn't take care of it, especially after the crash in late 2013 and the BTC seemed dying during the 2014 - 2015. I could have bought 30+ BTCs when the price is 200-300 in 2015 but I didn't.
Finestream

Activity: 3038
Merit: 604

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 07:42:52 AM

My biggest regret is same to most people here. I knew about BTC since 2013 but didn't take care of it, especially after the crash in late 2013 and the BTC seemed dying during the 2014 - 2015. I could have bought 30+ BTCs when the price is 200-300 in 2015 but I didn't.
No one sees the future, probably what you do that time was just right. Only those big risk takers will be able to buy bitcoin that price after the big crisis, that only thing that was wrong is you do not buy at least a little volume of bitcoins when you have the capacity to do it. I guess nowadays we can still see that opportunity, and we should be buying now so we will not regret once in the future the price will increase substantially.

paul gatt

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:06:26 AM

perhaps for me, my biggest regret is losing a large amount of money on gambling. I won a lot of money, but I'm greedy, I want more, and I lost everything. Price as I stop that moment, I had a huge amount
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:11:58 AM

i guess it would be buying so much stuff online when bitcoin was only 300$
so far to date ive mined around 11 bitcoin.. but i spent it lol.

its not a big regret tho.. back then mining was easy, i made like 20$ a day and it was worth it.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:19:51 AM

If you bought that amount in 2015, I think will be not sense if you are not patient to waiting for a time that can not be predicted. Why do not you do at this time, what you was regret having missed it.

No one sees the future, probably what you do that time was just right. Only those big risk takers will be able to buy bitcoin that price after the big crisis, that only thing that was wrong is you do not buy at least a little volume of bitcoins when you have the capacity to do it. I guess nowadays we can still see that opportunity, and we should be buying now so we will not regret once in the future the price will increase substantially.

Yeah i couldn't agree more with you, that is what i mean. If we look at the track record of bitcoin, bitcoin has potential for a higher value. So when we brave to take some risk at now (because the price of bitcoin now about $ 1000) we will definitely get a big profit when holding bitcoin in long term.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: