Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:52:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Your biggest bitcoin regrets?  (Read 42966 times)
Us3rm0d

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 08:53:47 AM

I would say transferring 1200 btc to a soft wallet on and external drive and loosing it back in 2010! Gaaahhh! Shocked I tried for a year to remember my wallet address too
Just got back in the end of the year and my mind is freaking blown!! I could have been a millionaire
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 09:33:48 AM

My biggest regret is same to most people here. I knew about BTC since 2013 but didn't take care of it, especially after the crash in late 2013 and the BTC seemed dying during the 2014 - 2015. I could have bought 30+ BTCs when the price is 200-300 in 2015 but I didn't.
No one sees the future, probably what you do that time was just right. Only those big risk takers will be able to buy bitcoin that price after the big crisis, that only thing that was wrong is you do not buy at least a little volume of bitcoins when you have the capacity to do it. I guess nowadays we can still see that opportunity, and we should be buying now so we will not regret once in the future the price will increase substantially.
it's useless to lamenting your regrets. do whatever you can do right now and don't repeat any mistakes that you have made in the past. bitcoin investment nowadays still full of risk , some people even says bitcoin price still has a lot of potential to continue growing , makes sure you didn't do same mistake as few years ago , take a risk now to keep buying and see what would happened then.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 09:52:53 AM

i guess it would be buying so much stuff online when bitcoin was only 300$
so far to date ive mined around 11 bitcoin.. but i spent it lol.

its not a big regret tho.. back then mining was easy, i made like 20$ a day and it was worth it.

At first I was thinking exactly like you did when I spent my coins on whatever goods. Especially when the price started to increase after that.

But if you think logically, you did the right thing since Bitcoin is also just like fiat ~ money. Important to realize is that by spending your coins, you are supporting the Bitcoin economy.

If more people are willing to spend their coins, then more merchants will see accepting Bitcoin as added value as it might generate them extra revenue. Long story short : Keep spending!

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10206

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 12:07:19 PM

perhaps for me, my biggest regret is losing a large amount of money on gambling. I won a lot of money, but I'm greedy, I want more, and I lost everything. Price as I stop that moment, I had a huge amount

Sure you will see that I have joined a gambling signature campaign, and I earn some bitcoin with that signature campaign.  However, I agree with your point that on a personal level, if you are going to gamble with some of your BTC in order to hopefully win (earn) more BTC, you need to be fairly strategic about how much you employ and what is your strategy exactly (and also how much of it is merely entertainment, too), and maybe only dedicate a small portion of your own BTC assets to such possible direct gambling strategies.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 12:14:44 PM

i guess it would be buying so much stuff online when bitcoin was only 300$
so far to date ive mined around 11 bitcoin.. but i spent it lol.

its not a big regret tho.. back then mining was easy, i made like 20$ a day and it was worth it.

At first I was thinking exactly like you did when I spent my coins on whatever goods. Especially when the price started to increase after that.

But if you think logically, you did the right thing since Bitcoin is also just like fiat ~ money. Important to realize is that by spending your coins, you are supporting the Bitcoin economy.

If more people are willing to spend their coins, then more merchants will see accepting Bitcoin as added value as it might generate them extra revenue. Long story short : Keep spending!

I have been in bitcoin for a bit more than three years, and my continued philosophy has been to attempt to replace any bitcoin that I spend within a fairly short period of time (usually within about a week at most).  I may change that concept in the future, especially since my BTC holdings are considerably in the green (black) rather than in the red, and overall, it is good to support the bitcoin economy in various ways; however, it is also good to contemplate your own situation to maintain a certain comfortable level of BTC holdings.. for long term investment purposes.. because historically bitcoin has been a decent asset to hold and likely is going to continue to be a decent asset to holds (in terms of its likely continued and ongoing price appreciation).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 12:28:38 PM

I would say transferring 1200 btc to a soft wallet on and external drive and loosing it back in 2010! Gaaahhh! Shocked I tried for a year to remember my wallet address too
Just got back in the end of the year and my mind is freaking blown!! I could have been a millionaire
is it true? I think 5 BTC is now very big especially 1200 btc, I can not imagine if it happened to me. of course I would be very desperate. even the wealthy man would be very sad to lose that big bitcoin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 12:52:12 PM

is it true? I think 5 BTC is now very big especially 1200 btc, I can not imagine if it happened to me. of course I would be very desperate. even the wealthy man would be very sad to lose that big bitcoin

Of course even a small amount is too bothersome when lose so what more if its that big. Even if there's lot of money when we really think of it that lose can buy a lot of things . Biggest regret is that I'm not able to bet much due to scared to lose.

Sometimes it is necessary to engage in a considerable amount of assessment of your own cashflow situation in order to really get to know yourself and how much you would like to apportion to various kinds of investments, and that would be accounting for how much cash you have coming in and what are your goals and your timeline.

For example, I have been doing this for about 30 years for myself, so I know that it works, but I know that in the beginning it is difficult to build a nest egg.  However, no matter what my income, I have always had a tendency to attempt to save at least 10% of my incoming cashflow and to use that in various forms of investment.  Therefore I have always allocated a certain portion of my money for living expenses, too (in order not to interfere with the investment money).  Over time that whole investment pot builds up and gives more flexibility; however, in the beginning that investment pot is pretty small and really hard to "get rich" off of it because you continue to want to build it over time and not to to take too many risks with large portions of it (if you dont have to and if it is not in your personality).  Some folks are willing to live with higher levels of risk, but you don't necessarily know until you kind of plot it all out and then consider some of those matters, if you don't  plot it out then you are exposing yourself to even more risk.. and some people are o.k. with that too.

lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:01:35 PM

Oh, tragedy. I can only imagine your reaction when the first bubble came to be.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:15:58 PM

Biggest regrets is the time that i didnt know about bitcoin when it was just launching how i wish i could go back in the past and could able to know bitcoin since it was just starting and might made me a millionaire on these days but well we cant go back on the past thats why i somehow regret but its not too late at all though.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
WhiteStar_

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:17:23 PM

What are some of your biggest bitcoin regrets, and what were you thinking back then?

Besides "not getting in sooner"  Grin

Obligatory: BFL  Tongue

EDIT: Bitcoin "mistakes" go here =)
I really do regret that i stop using bitcoins before because of the thing that i cant understand how it works and how can i benefit from this

● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ●    Chain of Points    ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  Transforming Loyalty Into Rewards  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chain of Points Blockchain  ●  Modernizing Rewards  ●  Superior Interoperability  ●  Ricardian Contracts
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:24:12 PM

Not getting in sooner is the most regret of all users as I think.
My regrets about loosing in poker. I'm playing with bitcoins almost every day and not every day is successful. But I don't spend my salary for that, only those coins that I get from the campaign.
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 01:27:27 PM

not mine, but a friend bought approximately 1000BTC sometime between 2010-2011, for a princely 90c/aud each. during the november 2013 bubble, everyone was yelling at him 'sell! sell!', instant millionaire. but he held. real cool head on that guy Cool

then mt gox struck and lost the lot.
i dont see him around much these days, i do know he got involved in the recovery process.

apparently the site operator is out of jail now but has parole conditions.
how the guy hasnt been taken out is beyond me  Huh

my father wears sneakers in the pool
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 01:30:30 PM

Biggest regrets is the time that i didnt know about bitcoin when it was just launching how i wish i could go back in the past and could able to know bitcoin since it was just starting and might made me a millionaire on these days but well we cant go back on the past thats why i somehow regret but its not too late at all though.

i think we have the same wishes to go back in first time when bitcoin is launching and maybe if there is any time machine, i think many people will do this together. i feel regrets like you but i think there is no word for late to join with bitcoin community and we can know each other, talk about crypto currency especially about bitcoin.
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:41:47 PM

My biggest regrets when it comes to bitcoin was using it on gambling site.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:46:33 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2017, 02:15:23 AM by BlockEye

What are some of your biggest bitcoin regrets, and what were you thinking back then?

Besides "not getting in sooner"  Grin

Obligatory: BFL  Tongue

EDIT: Bitcoin "mistakes" go here =)
I really do regret that i stop using bitcoins before because of the thing that i cant understand how it works and how can i benefit from this

Been in that experienced too. I thought there's nothing to get benefit from it but the more I heard something about it ,I got interested and tried to learn and study it. At that time when i heard bitcoin, it's current price is very cheap and i can bought 1000BTC. But i refuse to buy because i don't know much knowledge about it and i'm afraid that i will loss my money. But now, I'm very regretful for not buying and not following my will. I'm a millionaire now if i just bought that time time. it sucks. Sad
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 02:52:50 PM

why you regrets? I think gambling is not a big regret, when you can hold yourself you can stop gambling are you one of those who gamble as for fun? when you win you can earn bitcoin

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
slapper
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1096

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 03:02:34 PM

why you regrets? I think gambling is not a big regret, when you can hold yourself you can stop gambling are you one of those who gamble as for fun? when you win you can earn bitcoin
I never regret about being a part in gambling industry. Gambling is very awesome since I have eanred a lot of joyful and happiness with it. I guess that if I never knew about gambling, my life would be a disaster. As you can see, Bitcoin has helped gambling a lot and I very appreciate what the Blockchain has done to create the online gambling industry

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
oktana

Activity: 1596
Merit: 281

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 06:49:41 PM

You do not explain clearly the reason what makes you regret on gambling sites.

As an adult human are very reasonable if you want to access gambling, there is a possibility that you have lost a lot of bitcoin, because defeated in game. That means there is something wrong with your emotional control and often wrong in analyzing. I have no problem with gambling so far, it is very fun and profitable.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:13:56 PM

My biggest bitcoin regret is that I didn't knew of this currency in 2009.
If I had known it that time then I would probably be having more than 1000 BTC now.
coinsmanager

Activity: 67
Merit: 12

Byteball: highly scalable cryptocurrency platform

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:38:04 PM

Like others, I regret having sold in situations where it was not possible to get maximum profit, however, that's not my greatest regret. I think the biggest regret is not having invested years ago.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: