Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:45:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Monero a Good Investment?  (Read 8182 times)
btcformula

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:13:45 AM

Monero is a good coin for long-term investment.
The community support is strong and the development team is active. I think Monero is one of the promising coins at the moment so I bought some of it.
pro2017

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:23:12 AM

monero is a good coin but the price is superfluous
also, the traceability rate is the same as other crypto currencies
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 08:25:53 AM

Monero is not better or worther investment...it is just a good way to make money by trading it judiciously...
See the graph you you see what I talk about.
Buy and sell at the good moment and you will be rich.

Brothersav

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:13:29 AM

If you vLue your privacy then yes it's a great investment. As soon as XMR gets a good wallet it will definitely rise to all time highs. If I were you I'd stock up as much as you can get your hands on

britai ruby

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:21:26 AM

I really like Monero but there are two main things that worry me. The average transaction time of 20 minutes (based both on experience and what I've read) is fine for money transfers and banking, but Monero isn't currently suitable for small everyday payments and microtransactions. Monero is PoW, and as the userbase grows, so does the electricity cost. I'm worried that one day we're having multiple cryptos hogging down power like Bitcoin currently does or even worse. This is unsustainable and we should be looking for better alternatives. I think there's so much to consider investing in this.
valeria isa

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:22:16 AM

I love Monero from a technical and ideological perspective, but I just don't think it's a good investment (compared to Bitcoin) for the medium term because the most significant cryptocurrency adoption events will likely come from businesses and governments accepting or making it easier to accept a currency.

And a high-privacy crypto like Monero probably will not be accepted by a lot of major businesses and made easier to use by governments (and this will keep many whale investors away), and to a lesser extent. Also, Monero just doesn't have a big name like Bitcoin or Ethereum, which matters a lot in the medium term (long term is much harder to say--heck, for all we know, the current top 20 cryptos could be mostly abandoned in 5 years).
ozgun_a

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 10:24:18 AM

I'm also interested in Monero as it is privacy oriented. Anyone would care to shill me about Monero V fork? Why is it needed?

Buying.com
Decentralized E-Commerce Network
●    PRE-SALE: October 1, 2018    ●
alazne lily

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:25:45 AM

Monero is what most people believe bitcoin to be. I'd say Monero is one of the lowest risk, and highest potential reward, investments you can make. That's good!
febrian1705

Activity: 170

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:27:34 AM

Dear bitcoin community,

I recently started researching in altcoin and I tried to figure out which other altcoin is more used in sending money online (I think a traded currency shows that the currency will resist in the future and will grow) and I came to the conclusion that Monero is that coin.

Why Monero? I think it's pretty simple, Monero because I saw that everyone from the dark web asks for payments in Monero, and this leads me to think that Monero would be a good investment now because from what I understand, even Bitcoin has first massively traded on the dark web, and Monero came as a more anonymous alternative to the dark web and so it replaced the bitcoin there.

So, as the title of this thread says: Is Monero a Good Investment?

I have presented my theory, but what do you think?

Please expose your opinion to help me in making the final decision whether to invest my money in Monero or not.

I deeply appreciate your contribution on this thread.
I think that a monero will always be a good investment, since it is one of the very first and best anonymous coins, which is very relevant nowadays.
may be true for now coinmonero better priced dibangdingkan with other coin. but we see 2020 which coin is higher price
luke liam

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:47:58 PM

I love Monero from a technical and ideological perspective, but I just don't think it's a good investment (compared to Bitcoin) for the medium term because the most significant cryptocurrency adoption events will likely come from businesses and governments accepting or making it easier to accept a currency.

And a high-privacy crypto like Monero probably will not be accepted by a lot of major businesses and made easier to use by governments (and this will keep many whale investors away), and to a lesser extent. Also, Monero just doesn't have a big name like Bitcoin or Ethereum, which matters a lot in the medium term (long term is much harder to say--heck, for all we know, the current top 20 cryptos could be mostly abandoned in 5 years).

yep. I love Monero, too but no, it is not a better investment that Bitcoin. Bitcoin will eventually have privacy and scalability. Monero themselves have just picked up Greg Maxwell's new paper on bulletproofs. Yes Monero has an adaptive blocksize but that's only possible because of its tail emission otherwise miners would dissapear after the last block reward. I see Monero as a near perfect currency but it's not a better investment than Bitcoin.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:21:23 AM

Dear bitcoin community,

I recently started researching in altcoin and I tried to figure out which other altcoin is more used in sending money online (I think a traded currency shows that the currency will resist in the future and will grow) and I came to the conclusion that Monero is that coin.

Why Monero? I think it's pretty simple, Monero because I saw that everyone from the dark web asks for payments in Monero, and this leads me to think that Monero would be a good investment now because from what I understand, even Bitcoin has first massively traded on the dark web, and Monero came as a more anonymous alternative to the dark web and so it replaced the bitcoin there.

So, as the title of this thread says: Is Monero a Good Investment?

I have presented my theory, but what do you think?

Please expose your opinion to help me in making the final decision whether to invest my money in Monero or not.

I deeply appreciate your contribution on this thread.
Monero is one of the best security token that exits on the crypto market currently. Because of it being highly decentralized and private with high security it is being heavily used in the dark web as payment system. Monero can be said to be the most decentralized platform next to bitcoin.

Its best know for its security. Due to these reasons I think monero XMR is a great coin and shall be huge in future. Though I would recommend not to buy right now cause its in a bit hype due to hardfork and the price is high. Wait for a dip and get in.
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:27:52 AM

I think you can invest in monero, that's great. because monero is one of the top altcoins
but i opted for another altcoin. such as eth, ripple, waves and still others. The altocoin I mentioned is more potent than monero
Hernandez44

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:38:06 AM

personally think that monero is a good investment. Privacy coins are in demand, the development team is active and the community support is strong.
Psalms236

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:52:23 AM

There are always some things that you can't predict but when you increase your knowledge you should be able to make better investments and bigger profits in the long run.  Monero has many similarities to bitcoin and other many currencies, however it tries to win with it's privacy and functions.  Monero has a great potential to grow, however any investments contains risks and you always need to make your own research before investing.

Astorgame.com | eSports & Gambling | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus (http://Astorgame.com)
Viscera

Activity: 660

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:04:09 AM

Yes it is. When governments will notice that Monero is good for privacy transaction the price will increase although, mass adoption should happen first and alot of regulations in Cryptocurrency. This is a bad thing for those who are new to the industry. Well time will tell all Privacy coin especially Monero will take us to the moon!
Images21

Activity: 567

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:13:23 AM

I agree. Monero is a good investment. It has always been like that. From way back during the days of the silk road until now, Monero is a major player in the crypto world that is taking as one of its pride its anonymous feature. Monero has made this feature a little bit stronger and everything was changed when Monero was the only coin that came out truly anonymous during the silk road raids. This coin has already proven its worth.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:17:04 AM

Yes, I always say that it's good to own at least one privacy coin. ZEC is my favorite tho but Monero is also great Smiley One of those two.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:18:09 AM

Monero is not for me. Cause too many pirate video websites are mining monero with a javascript code and i hate this.
Too many web miners for monero and this is really annoying for me.
But for privacy i used few times and was good.
mjacer

Activity: 170
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:23:25 AM

For me, I am investing in other crypto: litecoin, ethereum and bitcoin.  not yet for monero.

SirViny

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:59:25 AM

ABOUT MINING Tongue
I think that Monero 100% is good for investment. Monero mining doesn't fall under on scarcely specialized, application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), but can be done with any CPU or GPU. Without ASICs, it is almost meaningless for an ordinary computer to take part in the mining process for Bitcoin. The Monero mining algorithm does not favor ASICs, because it was designed to charm more “little” nodes rather than rely on a few farms and mining pools.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: