Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:20:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When your token goes down hard, are you going to sell it?  (Read 4523 times)
marksayson (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 11:56:32 AM
Merited by TaKlarPH (1)

I’m new to the crypto world, I have some bad experience yet but I’m being educated little-by-little, based on my experience here in crypto world. I notice that some users when they see that bitcoin and ethereum coin had a very bad drop, so does the token, they are selling almost 70% of their holdings of that token. And I have experienced that when the market goes down, so does the token doing some panic sell.  May I ask, is it advisable to sell the tokens you hold, when the price of your token goes really down?

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seandiumx20

Activity: 312
Merit: 109

arcs-chain.com

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:00:50 PM

I’m new to the crypto world, I have some bad experience yet but I’m being educated little-by-little, based on my experience here in crypto world. I notice that some users when they see that bitcoin and ethereum coin had a very bad drop, so does the token, they are selling almost 70% of their holdings of that token. And I have experienced that when the market goes down, so does the token doing some panic sell.  May I ask, is it advisable to sell the tokens you hold, when the price of your token goes really down?

Nope, because it is normal to have this kind of situation like going down. This thing is called fluctuation, you just wait more time because it will grow high soon. They are doing some panic sell if they were afraid on going really down. It also depends on how much you hold, if it's high amount of money sometimes they sell it but for low amounts they just hold it until the time comes out.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
jereh988

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:06:18 PM

no,
I wait for the movement of the token, if it starts to stabilize I just sold it.
if I am going to lose I just accept it because it is indeed a risk in investing in the currency crypto.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:19:53 PM

Before you are taking a decision to cut loss your investment and it may better for you to learn more about TA and FA.

Some people were doing that already regret what the decision they had taken.

Somehow they were thinking to cut loss their investment. If you are holding a promising coin. If you are holding it and think for a twice before try to cut loss it. It's not advisable without any TA and FA analyzation.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
nicpaig

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:20:28 PM

I’m new to the crypto world, I have some bad experience yet but I’m being educated little-by-little, based on my experience here in crypto world. I notice that some users when they see that bitcoin and ethereum coin had a very bad drop, so does the token, they are selling almost 70% of their holdings of that token. And I have experienced that when the market goes down, so does the token doing some panic sell.  May I ask, is it advisable to sell the tokens you hold, when the price of your token goes really down?
If my token was goes down hard I would not prefer to sell it but I'm still waiting that the value will goes up again.Make patient with our decission making so that if the time that the value will accellerate we dont have any regret for ourself.
Kuja29

Activity: 74

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:34:18 PM

The market will all the time have up's and down's, if it's going drastically down, and would make no sense to just sell it because its going down, coins are fluctuating so u just need to have patience, selling a token while the value is down means that u invest for nothing or you have to much money
Oregano012
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:36:42 PM

sometimes i do it i sell some coins on a lost to buy another 1 thats already down .. it works sometimes it doesnt .. still its up to you ,
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:43:08 PM

Almost never. If I own a token it's for a long-term.

It's not unusual for some tokens with small cap to goes down -50% in just few hours or being pumped X00% for few hours.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:43:25 PM
Merited by TaKlarPH (1)

If the price of the coin you bought already lose more than 20% then just hold it because once bitcoin make a sideways movement, altcoins would have their time as long as it is a coin that has a large volume and has a potential to increase in the future because it has an actual use. Altcoins have a tendency to go down in value when the major coins which are the bitcoin and ethereum goes up or down rapidly because the traders wanted to join the ride if the coin increase or want to secure their money and exchange it to fiat temporarily or tether and buy lower so that they can have a higher amount of coins. If you weren't able to sell the coin when it has a higher value then better buy more of it to average down.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:47:05 PM

It doesn't make sense to see when the price of the coin dip, but if there is a feeling it is still going to dip more then I will sell, see synereo for example the price went from ICO price of 33ksat to less than 3ksat, this is more than 90% loss, I sold my tokens when I felt the infighting is going to continue at 18ksat to fight another day

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:52:36 PM

The decision is made depending upon what kind of project it is. I mean it is completely normal for any token to go down in the prices if something is not in place or the development ups and downs are going on. So I would really wait for the next update to come if the project is doing great. If I have made investment into coin which later on I think is suspicious then I will pull back from the coin and will sell surely. If there is little chance of that happening then I would really grab that chance to wait. Otherwise I will sell..
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:12:31 PM

Tokens are not a good investment but some promising projects are more trusted investment before to invest you should check everything. But once invest in token don't sell it. After launching the coin only predict the possibilities of new coin so you should hold continuously then only you can earn something your investment. If you feel it is not a supporting token you must sell it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
rachelia13

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:23:09 PM

Nope, just hold, wait and see. This is a normal situation in the crypto. There will be a time when prices go down and prices recovery back. Be patience, the situation will be back normally and also the token price will rise up. It just takes a time, can be faster or need more long time. If you don't need money, better hold it until a normal price so you can get a maximum results
Igromania

Activity: 320
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:30:39 PM

I think it all depends on the coin, if this coin from the top 50 and it falls in price, it is normal, with a greater share of probability it will rise in price again. If a little-known coin falls in price then it can completely depreciate.
sateyaam

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:34:07 PM

Everything comes back to the token holder or coin,
Usually when ethereum coins and bitcoin have a very bad drop they are hit by a virus called panic sell,
I think we should wait until the price is stable then we sell token or other coins
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:47:35 PM

Generally, the stop limit has to be set up around " -10℅ till -15℅ ) in order to avoid as much as possible losses that can occur when the stop limit is not taken in consideration previously .
Targusluxe

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:54:15 PM

No. i will hold until it rise and reach my target price cause i am not a short term trader. You can do the cut loss thing if you can manage the loss or you are good and confident enough that you can regain the loss on losing your trades.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
AtlantaFive

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:02:21 PM

It depends on my situation if i need the money and afraid to lose that token definitely i will sell it then convert quickly into cash. But Most of the time i will just hold my tokens and just wait for the price to pump. If i see the project good then I'm not going to sell because some coins can get x10 of it's price but it won't happen in just a mattet of days. Most of it happens in a months or year and it depends on the project if it's good or bad in the market.

rallyko

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:03:56 PM

I sell my altcoins only when they grow from x3. For myself, I chose a long-term strategy, so I do not sell coins cheaper than I bought them.
 And I advise you to wait and hold your altcoins.

Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:10:08 PM

It all depends on your goals. The Fund that you use to trade on the stock exchange should be sold at every downtrend. Buy need, too, in the early rise of. In the trade tactics of retention does not work. The main balance you can hold for a long time and not sell under any circumstances. Perhaps this will allow you to become rich in the future.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: