Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:08:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When your token goes down hard, are you going to sell it?  (Read 4523 times)
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:43:11 PM

You should sell your tokens earlier with smaller loss. When  the price  goes really down it has no sense to sell, rather
to wait  for while it  recovers, but it depends on the coin as well. 

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:57:08 PM

I’m new to the crypto world, I have some bad experience yet but I’m being educated little-by-little, based on my experience here in crypto world. I notice that some users when they see that bitcoin and ethereum coin had a very bad drop, so does the token, they are selling almost 70% of their holdings of that token. And I have experienced that when the market goes down, so does the token doing some panic sell.  May I ask, is it advisable to sell the tokens you hold, when the price of your token goes really down?

It depends.  If it's down because the entire market is down then no.  The market will eventually come back up and bring your token with it.  If it's because of bad news like the Devs abandoned the project or it was fraudulent, then you should give serious consideration to selling it. 
GabrielKiara

Activity: 273
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:28:53 AM

Nope, i won't do that. i will never sell it when even that price is getting down. If you sell it at that situation than it means you lose. So i decided to not sell it, wait it until the price is getting better. You won't loss everything even the price is so dump if you not sell it.
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:36:52 AM

I’m new to the crypto world, I have some bad experience yet but I’m being educated little-by-little, based on my experience here in crypto world. I notice that some users when they see that bitcoin and ethereum coin had a very bad drop, so does the token, they are selling almost 70% of their holdings of that token. And I have experienced that when the market goes down, so does the token doing some panic sell.  May I ask, is it advisable to sell the tokens you hold, when the price of your token goes really down?

No matter what happen if the price of my token going down,i dont sell it in a low price  even though its turn into zero value i dont wanna sell it,because i believe thats someday this coin will become profitable  and maybe someday can bring me a good fortune into my life ,thats why im holding it for the future.

Devawnm367

Activity: 1022
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:54:08 AM

It depends does does it have good project management? Does it have a strong community? Coins usually dump really hard when they first get listed on the exchanges. This is due to all of the bounty holders dumping their share!

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 01:15:58 AM

It's all depends on the project will the roadmap is progressive or the project is still active you know the signs of it that you will sell your tokens but Hodlings is the most important techniques on trading you need to be patience in everytime when your tokens is down.
Xiaolongnu

Activity: 375
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 01:19:43 AM

No, I don't. It's stupid to sell when it already goes down too much. I keep them until it get better price to sell them.
marksayson (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 01:24:38 AM

I’m new to the crypto world, I have some bad experience yet but I’m being educated little-by-little, based on my experience here in crypto world. I notice that some users when they see that bitcoin and ethereum coin had a very bad drop, so does the token, they are selling almost 70% of their holdings of that token. And I have experienced that when the market goes down, so does the token doing some panic sell.  May I ask, is it advisable to sell the tokens you hold, when the price of your token goes really down?
If my token was goes down hard I would not prefer to sell it but I'm still waiting that the value will goes up again.Make patient with our decission making so that if the time that the value will accellerate we dont have any regret for ourself.

I agree, being an impatient one leads you to poor valuation of your investment. Causing you to suffer more than what you cant afford off. Better be patient and just wait for the perfect time to sell your tokens.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
MarchToke

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:13:24 AM

That equates to a losing profit and why would you sell it when the price goes down hard? The very good idea that one should have when the price is down is to hold the tokens or buy more of it. The choice is always yours and doing both of that will actually lead you to a very good profit in the future.

marados

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:40:07 AM

If you are sure market isn't in great condition and prices might fall of course sell your token and if you believe in project buy it back again when price is lower. But if you don't really want to or you do not have time to examine charts then just hold onto your investment, if you believe in future of the project, and you should if you invest in something for long term Smiley

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
rricksu

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:42:18 AM

Well, I guess when your token's value goes down, try not do a panic selling, you should buy more of that token when its value is low, believe on what you have because sooner or later, its value will bullish. Ethereum coin might have a bad drop, but we know ETHER that it already established its reputation as a good cryptocurrency.

✦ ───    OATHs.io  ─── ✦
▌▐ ────  BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL  ──── ▌▐
tuanytcc

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 04:58:22 AM

They must sell when the price goes down but not be the waiting because their capital can't be held for long time. With me, I use my saving money to invest, it doesn't affect so much on my life, so I still hold it till the time when I have the profit, I will sell

keykey1

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:41:57 AM

I don't think that it is necessary to sell coins when some problems with them would happen. That's not the way of making decisions for me. I think we must buy in a right way, not to sell. That's the main thing.
10c

Activity: 658

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:30:58 AM

Many in the fall of the coin, begin to sell it immediately , but I do not believe that this is correct, when the token falls, the main patience is this leads to a good profit.

ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:33:56 AM

The market is cyclical and if the price falls then you should not rush to sell the asset at a loss, if the token is promising then at the next cycle its price will rise.
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:38:53 AM

So do those people who may panic, do not understand what market they are in, and do not believe in the future of crypto-terms. Of course, you do not need to sell coins when prices fall, as the cryptocurrency market is cyclical and unstable, so there will always be a rise and fall in prices. We need to wait for better time and market recovery.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Bitknick

Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:46:10 AM

Selling coins in a falling market is a bad idea, because falling is a temporary phenomenon as well as recovery!
otunyot

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 10:47:25 AM

It is not in your best interest to always sell your coin at the first sign of little percentage loss, other factor must be considered and new strategy could be deploy to savage the losses or hold for better market condition!

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
zauna35

Activity: 812
Merit: 287

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:51:10 AM

I don't see any reason to sell their tokens are cheaper than their cost if only they did not quit the team or there is no development plan. if suddenly the market is down, it is not necessary to sell and to arrange a dump, it is necessary to let go of things and long hold until the price normalizes
passeroutpass

Activity: 438

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:30:26 AM

It should be understood that the drop in the price of a coin can be just a correction. It is necessary to know and understand how the cryptocurrency market works, for this it is necessary to constantly learn.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: