Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:54:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining , still worth it?  (Read 7265 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:15:36 PM

Nope. The days of 1 year ROI on GPU are gone. Also there is no magic  coins.

Not gone yet if you don't pay GOUGE pricing and don't have high electric cost.
The days of 2-3 MONTH ROI however appear to be gone, barring another major price JUMP like a year ago or the introduction of a new coin like ZEC that gets crazy-high priced in it's first week or two.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:34:23 PM

NOT WORTH AT ALL.

Today, just today, more than 14.000GH/s entered ETH. ETH mining is just disgusting nowadays, almost no profit, high difficulty, very low price, and if you live in a country with high electricity cost, you will not get even for a good meal a month.

And this in the best scenario. because once ETH switches to PoS (around 6 months in think), there will be almost no altcoin profitable and stable to mine for profit. And that's also considering that you will be able to trade that coin into dollars or trading them for BTC.

Are you reading this and considering to buy a mining Rig?? DO NOT DO IT, or you´ll regret it.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:54:21 PM

The days of 2-3 MONTH ROI however appear to be gone, barring another major price JUMP like a year ago or the introduction of a new coin like ZEC that gets crazy-high priced in it's first week or two.

Apparently he wasn't paying attention to MSRP when he built his mining rig and ended up paying too much over.  I'm mining with 31 gpu's that were purchased 5%-8% over MSRP, and I'm doing just fine.  Not getting the crazy high daily returns that I was in December and Janurary, but that doesn't make it a losing game.  Especially for someone like me who is not cashing out into fiat.  I've yet to sell any crypto for fiat that I've ever mined and have no plans to until the time is right.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:26:31 PM

Apparently he wasn't paying attention to MSRP when he built his mining rig and ended up paying too much over.  I'm mining with 31 gpu's that were purchased 5%-8% over MSRP, and I'm doing just fine.  Not getting the crazy high daily returns that I was in December and Janurary, but that doesn't make it a losing game.  Especially for someone like me who is not cashing out into fiat.  I've yet to sell any crypto for fiat that I've ever mined and have no plans to until the time is right.

i have a 10 gpu rig and all cards were bought from 15-20% cheaper than MSRP. If you consider actual prices , i saved more than 50% of it's current value for each card.

and Still, i almost get any profit noticeable. my gpus are Sapphire rx 580 nitro+ and 570 nitro+ with 8gb, most of them doing 32mh/s with almost no mem errors which gives me 316,4 mh/s combined. and still, not worth at all.

I would advice noone to enter mining nowadays. Specially if you have to pay those huge prices for GPU.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
dimpsk

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:02:00 PM

Apparently he wasn't paying attention to MSRP when he built his mining rig and ended up paying too much over.  I'm mining with 31 gpu's that were purchased 5%-8% over MSRP, and I'm doing just fine.  Not getting the crazy high daily returns that I was in December and Janurary, but that doesn't make it a losing game.  Especially for someone like me who is not cashing out into fiat.  I've yet to sell any crypto for fiat that I've ever mined and have no plans to until the time is right.

Ya kidding me.  A'm filling nice too. And I am not changing coins to fiat now for the simple reason. It is not worth it. The revenue is only twice bigger than electricity costs.
I bought GPU at one half chipper current prices.
And MSRP doesnot mean  nothing here.  The only  matters is ROI.
Current ROI - if you bought GPU right now is 3 years. It'is too much apparantly.
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 01:04:51 PM

Im currently selling all my cards, and there are two reasons for this. three accually. The prices of GPUs are so god damn high right now that im getting MORE when im selling them compared to when i bought them brand new. The second reason is that there is coming new Nvidia cards in about 2 months. And ofcourse the low profitability atm.
gotminer

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:15:37 PM

i have a 10 gpu rig and all cards were bought from 15-20% cheaper than MSRP. If you consider actual prices , i saved more than 50% of it's current value for each card.

and Still, i almost get any profit noticeable. my gpus are Sapphire rx 580 nitro+ and 570 nitro+ with 8gb, most of them doing 32mh/s with almost no mem errors which gives me 316,4 mh/s combined. and still, not worth at all.

I would advice noone to enter mining nowadays. Specially if you have to pay those huge prices for GPU.

I wasn't talking about you.  I was talking about dimpsk.  Throwing numbers around that may be correct today for his specific situation, but could dramatically change with the snap of a finger in either direction.  I wouldn't advise anyone to get into mining.  Now is not the time to buy gpu's.  There are a lot of get rich quick types trying to get into mining right now who don't understand the variables.  And then there are a lot of people who think todays math will be the same tomorrow.  Not going to happen. 

Bottom line is that if you're making more than you are paying in electricity, it's still profitable.  If you jumped in before doing the proper research and paid way too much for your hardware, that's your own fault.

Being "worth" it is subjective.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
gotminer

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:19:31 PM

Apparently he wasn't paying attention to MSRP when he built his mining rig and ended up paying too much over.  I'm mining with 31 gpu's that were purchased 5%-8% over MSRP, and I'm doing just fine.  Not getting the crazy high daily returns that I was in December and Janurary, but that doesn't make it a losing game.  Especially for someone like me who is not cashing out into fiat.  I've yet to sell any crypto for fiat that I've ever mined and have no plans to until the time is right.

Ya kidding me.  A'm filling nice too. And I am not changing coins to fiat now for the simple reason. It is not worth it. The revenue is only twice bigger than electricity costs.
I bought GPU at one half chipper current prices.
And MSRP doesnot mean  nothing here.  The only  matters is ROI.
Current ROI - if you bought GPU right now is 3 years. It'is too much apparantly.

You're not even using the correct terminology.  It's not ROI, it's called capital recovery.  And you cannot calculate a capital recovery time frame without a hardware price.  Right now is NOT the time to buy gpu's.  MSRP does mean something.  Most retailers are not going to sell you something below MSRP. 

yhoga45

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:41:34 PM

Maybe if your electricity is free or cheap mining is still worth, but if your electricity cost is expensive is not worth. Remember, a lot of peoples mining and it makes coins difficultly increased and the market condition is not supported now.
gotminer

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:43:41 PM

Maybe if your electricity is free or cheap mining is still worth, but if your electricity cost is expensive is not worth. Remember, a lot of peoples mining and it makes coins difficultly increased and the market condition is not supported now.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with this level of ignorance and short sightedness at my day job.  I'd go crazy ... Lol.

hanlieuiypm9832

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:07:57 PM

You are right. The mining market is very mature now, there are plenty of companies running their mining farms all over the world. The key factors are electricty price and calculate power(equipment).

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████