Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:07:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining , still worth it?  (Read 7265 times)
gwestcot

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:14:14 AM

It's still worth it but in terms of buying new hardware right now it may be best to wait. It depends really on how much spare funds you can invest, another important aspect is if it will work out better just buying coins at the moment when the prices are relatively low.

It depends on what you are mining as well. There are some coins, not on whattomine, that are still 2-4 times more profitable that what is listed and known for a given GPU.

It is illusion. There no such profitable coins. In real life profitability will be worse for sure then  on  top  of whattomine for example.  I tried it not once.

It is no illusion... You just need to know where to look.  Wink
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gwestcot

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:17:36 AM

You trolls must always consider 30% - less profits than whattomine shows you, if it shows 30mhs on eth will give you after electricity is paid $0.70 per card, take another 30% from it which means $0.45 per card per day and paying $450 per rx 580 will give 1200 days roi, but imagine if your card is damaged, you lose it all, better buy coins at these prices, price of altcoins to buy are very good right now.

I agree if you are mining things that are listed on whattomine. However, I know of a few coins that are vastly more profitable than what is listed on whattomine.
dimpsk

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:41:17 AM

You trolls must always consider 30% - less profits than whattomine shows you, if it shows 30mhs on eth will give you after electricity is paid $0.70 per card, take another 30% from it which means $0.45 per card per day and paying $450 per rx 580 will give 1200 days roi, but imagine if your card is damaged, you lose it all, better buy coins at these prices, price of altcoins to buy are very good right now.

Yep, 2 years ROI on new naked GPU and free electricity is quite optimistic. In real life digits can be and would be worse. But it's the limit now. ROI could not be better then 2 years while some are talking about 1 year or even monthes.
shuijun

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:20:44 AM

Excavating BTC now is not worthwhile. However, excavating some new POW projects has particularly high output in the early stages. It can be used as an investment to dig a little. If the late development is good, it will be profitable.
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:54:46 AM

well, the times for good profits, when a miner could earn 5-7$ per day from gtx 1080ti is long over
gladly I was able to ROI all may rigs, so I'm really OK with today's profits 1-1.5$  per card
will wait when profits will start to cone back again  ( 5- 6 month)
klintistwood

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Out of the box is where I live

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 07:34:52 AM

out of curiosity, where do you "fish" those other more valuable coins that are not on whattomine.com ? Smiley

13 GPU Nvidia Rig running under Ubuntu 16 (eth hash rate: 300+Mh/s @ 1000W for whole rig): 3x EVGA GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 65W) + 6x MSI Armor GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 70W) + 1x MSI GTX 1060 (24Mh/s @ 65W) + 3x Zotac GTX 1060 (24MH/s @ 65 W). PSU 2400W, Asrock ASRock H110 Pro BTC+, cheap Chinese risers, Kingston SSD 120Gb, 8Gb memory. Selling some of my GPUs (around 200€, still under warranty), if you're interested, contact me in private.
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:49:35 AM

The only thing that matters in mining is the time of selling your coins.. If you mine and keep your coins until ETH goes back to 1000$ you hit the bingo... You should NEVER watch what is the best coin to mine at current prices... (you should only if you are selling coins right away into $) This is the thing most miners are not capable to think about it.. Thats why every 3rd guy is crying about how shitty is to be a miner nowadays Smiley

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
Miningtry

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:50:21 AM

out of curiosity, where do you "fish" those other more valuable coins that are not on whattomine.com ? Smiley

Mostly through conversation with other miners in telegram/discord groups, announcements section of the forum if you want to do research by you own.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:54:55 PM

The only thing that matters in mining is the time of selling your coins.. If you mine and keep your coins until ETH goes back to 1000$ you hit the bingo... You should NEVER watch what is the best coin to mine at current prices... (you should only if you are selling coins right away into $) This is the thing most miners are not capable to think about it.. Thats why every 3rd guy is crying about how shitty is to be a miner nowadays Smiley

I wake up and laugh at those guys every morning.  I've laughed at several.  Currently I'm enjoying a chuckle at the expense of dimpsk.  Grin Grin Grin

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
gwestcot

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:56:30 PM

well, the times for good profits, when a miner could earn 5-7$ per day from gtx 1080ti is long over
gladly I was able to ROI all may rigs, so I'm really OK with today's profits 1-1.5$  per card

I get about 3.5-4 dollars per 1080 TI right now. That's not what it used to be but again it is a hell of a lot better than most.
Hitti

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:00:12 PM

Fortunately that I have Baikal Giants+, which makes about $4 now and it was much better ... Lucky buy
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:07:39 PM

nice!!! because i also laugh at people that mine shitty coins believing in their project, putting electricity costs on top with no instant profit, while they say: hey!! i'm getting a lot of (shitty) coins . If it goes up i will be rich!!!

Normally, that doesn't occur. Good luck mining alt coins. you´ll need it.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Mamasita22

Activity: 213
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:41:35 PM

I get about 3.5-4 dollars per 1080 TI right now. That's not what it used to be but again it is a hell of a lot better than most.
Yeah, 1080ti have fallen heavily, but hope it rocks when the market recovers
crypt0.zone

Activity: 154
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 01:46:02 PM

Yeah, still 1080Ti is the best!

Visit crypt0.zone/calculator/
dimpsk

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:29:16 PM

It's still worth it but in terms of buying new hardware right now it may be best to wait. It depends really on how much spare funds you can invest, another important aspect is if it will work out better just buying coins at the moment when the prices are relatively low.

It depends on what you are mining as well. There are some coins, not on whattomine, that are still 2-4 times more profitable that what is listed and known for a given GPU.

It is illusion. There no such profitable coins. In real life profitability will be worse for sure then  on  top  of whattomine for example.  I tried it not once.

It is no illusion... You just need to know where to look.  Wink

Then just name one of that Smiley
dimpsk

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:31:13 PM

It almost impossible  Smiley You could not get more then $1,5 per GPU in a day now. I mean now. Not in old good times.
dimpsk

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:33:20 PM

I wake up and laugh at those guys every morning.  I've laughed at several.  Currently I'm enjoying a chuckle at the expense of dimpsk.  Grin Grin Grin

You are so funny. Thank ya for my perfect tune Smiley
gwestcot

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:52:59 PM

Well if I gave it away then that would ruin it to some degree.   Wink
dimpsk

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:13:32 PM

Well if I gave it away then that would ruin it to some degree.   Wink

Actually not. I like fairy tales.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:22:56 PM

It almost impossible  Smiley You could not get more then $1,5 per GPU in a day now. I mean now. Not in old good times.

My 5x R9 290 rig pulls in about 7.5 usd per day. With rig what would have 5x 1080 Ti probably would bring in over 15 usd a day.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: