Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:51:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Purse.io - Bitcoin Amazon Marketplace - Save ~10-25% on Amazon Wishlist  (Read 99224 times)
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:57:49 PM

I just purchased some things with purse, using 15% discount, it didn't take too long for my order to be accepted by someone, just 1 day. So far the only disadvantage that i see is that sometimes the buyers of the items take too long to provide tracking information on the items.

I think some buyers are concerned about re-routing scams so they do not provide the tracking until its delivered to show proof of delivery.

I ended up losing a few BTC on Purse (buying BTC) since I have had a handful of users say they haven't received package, although tracking shows delivered, or no tracking (some 3rd party sellers don't post) but no return.. Purse tends to side with the receipients and Amazon is strict about that, make the claim more than a few times and they will hold/close your account.. I'm tired of the bullshit Purse threw at me over a number of transactions and the apparent assumption the buyer is telling the truth, over 200 TX without a single negative feedback but I am staying away for now.

I'll add to that, some of the gift cards I purchased on Purse a couple of months (purchased dozens) ago have been flagged as invalid, downside is Amazon rarely tells you which ones,'still fighting that problem now, lost a few more BTC that way.. Purse made a good move in disallowing purchases of them now, but it sure provides some insight into a set of users on the site..

This is a bad story about purse, i have read also in reddit i think about a similiar story when he had trouble with the item that he bought in amazon through purse. I would sell the bitcoin for paypal or cash and purchase items as usual.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elusive1

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 04:53:31 PM

I just purchased some things with purse, using 15% discount, it didn't take too long for my order to be accepted by someone, just 1 day. So far the only disadvantage that i see is that sometimes the buyers of the items take too long to provide tracking information on the items.

I think some buyers are concerned about re-routing scams so they do not provide the tracking until its delivered to show proof of delivery.

I ended up losing a few BTC on Purse (buying BTC) since I have had a handful of users say they haven't received package, although tracking shows delivered, or no tracking (some 3rd party sellers don't post) but no return.. Purse tends to side with the receipients and Amazon is strict about that, make the claim more than a few times and they will hold/close your account.. I'm tired of the bullshit Purse threw at me over a number of transactions and the apparent assumption the buyer is telling the truth, over 200 TX without a single negative feedback but I am staying away for now.

I'll add to that, some of the gift cards I purchased on Purse a couple of months (purchased dozens) ago have been flagged as invalid, downside is Amazon rarely tells you which ones,'still fighting that problem now, lost a few more BTC that way.. Purse made a good move in disallowing purchases of them now, but it sure provides some insight into a set of users on the site..

This is a bad story about purse, i have read also in reddit i think about a similiar story when he had trouble with the item that he bought in amazon through purse. I would sell the bitcoin for paypal or cash and purchase items as usual.

I think you are much more at risk selling for Paypal as those transactions can be disputed months after you receive the funds.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 08:50:57 PM

I think you are much more at risk selling for Paypal as those transactions can be disputed months after you receive the funds.

PayPal actually has even more failure points:

1) PayPal itself (claim fraud, never rec'd merchandise, hacked acct.)
2) Credit card issuer
3) Bank

If 1 doesn't work, you can try 2, then 3. So it's the least safe method of all.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:44:04 AM

Please check this reddit post when a guy had trouble with police since he bought in amazon through purse.io
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2po40d/since_my_house_is_being_searched_right_now_small/
elusive1

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:50:25 PM

Please check this reddit post when a guy had trouble with police since he bought in amazon through purse.io
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2po40d/since_my_house_is_being_searched_right_now_small/

In reading the thread, it seems that was a pretty unique situation and in Europe as well. I have not heard any issues since and none in the USA.
manicminer

Activity: 302

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:39:28 AM

In reading the thread, it seems that was a pretty unique situation and in Europe as well. I have not heard any issues since and none in the USA.

To sum it up: for which party is it a bigger risk to use Purse? Buyer or seller?

In Europe or the US?

I have heard about issues in the US before as well.
manicminer

Activity: 302

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:52:38 AM

Who do you refer to as the buyer and who do you refer to as the seller, in this topic in general?

Purse refers as the buyer who buys bitcoins, they refer as the seller who buys stuff on Amazon. Reading back the topic make me confused of how you use these terms.
Linuld

Activity: 473

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:50:47 PM

I believe that was the case where the buyer had his hous searched and purse.io acted fast providing lawyers and so on.

A day after that they revealed that incident and claimed they made a fund of 10k USD to provide services for future cases of that kind.
Linuld

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:52:44 PM

Sounds bad. Often enough items don't reach without tracking. And purse then refunds the buyer. But with tracking? That doesn't sound right. I mean the amazon seller has no reason to not sell the actual product. And when there is proof that the package reached then purse should definitely not refund.
elusive1

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 04:06:48 PM

Sounds bad. Often enough items don't reach without tracking. And purse then refunds the buyer. But with tracking? That doesn't sound right. I mean the amazon seller has no reason to not sell the actual product. And when there is proof that the package reached then purse should definitely not refund.

Amazon has the same issues with the non-proof of delivery stuff that comes USPS. If the Purse buyer says the package was not received but the tracking says differently, its between the reciever and Amazon. I have had Purse orders where Amazon or a the 3rd party seller shipped a wrong item. The issue was resolved between the vendor and the reciever.
BlackSpidy

Activity: 513
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 03:58:10 PM

Guys, quick question, are the limits really enforced? Because I have seen a few new accounts post orders for higher than $50. I already have one transaction done on the site, and (according to the leveling system) my limit is $100. Would an order for $200 be denied, or removed or canceled because it's over my limit?

▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄  ▄███████████████▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄█████████████████████▀█████▄▄
████▀ █████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄ ▄▄▄ ▄████
█████ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄████▄ ▀████ ▐███▌ ████
████████▄▄▄███████████▄ ▀██▀ ▀▀▀ ▀████
████████████▀▀█▀ ▀█▀▀███▄ ▀███▄███████
█████████████ ▄███▄ ██████▄ ▀█████████
████████████ ▐█████▌ ███████▄ ▀███████
▀▀▀▀█████████ ▀███▀ ██████████▄ ▀█████
      ▀█████▄▄█▄ ▄█▄▄███████████
        ▀▀██████████████████▀██▀
           ▀▀██████▀███▌▀██▀
               ▀██▀  ▀▀
...REVOLUTIONIZING...
THE REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY

█ ██ ███ █████████████████████████████████ ███ ██ █

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄██████████████▄
█████████▀▀▀▀███
███████▀     ███
███████   ██████
█████        ███
███████   ██████
███████   ██████
▀██████   █████▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄
  ▄▄   ██▄▄▄
 ▐██▄▄█████▀▀
█████▀▀ ███
   ███  ▄█████▌
  ▄██████▀██▌
  ▀▀▀██    ██
     ▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
█ ██ ███ ████████████████ ███ ██ █
TOKEN SALE ENDS
...ON MAY 15...
btc2code

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:42:54 PM

Guys, quick question, are the limits really enforced? Because I have seen a few new accounts post orders for higher than $50. I already have one transaction done on the site, and (according to the leveling system) my limit is $100. Would an order for $200 be denied, or removed or canceled because it's over my limit?

Your limit is buyer limit, not for posting orders.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:26:04 PM

To sum it up: for which party is it a bigger risk to use Purse? Buyer or seller?

In Europe or the US?

The person who receives items is the biggest risk, since the funds used to purchase it could be illegal (meaning police are likely to suspect that you're the one carding since you're the one who benefits). It's rare, though, I'd think.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Linuld

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:46:31 PM

In Europe or the US?

The person who receives items is the biggest risk, since the funds used to purchase it could be illegal (meaning police are likely to suspect that you're the one carding since you're the one who benefits). It's rare, though, I'd think.

That is correct. Purse.io really should allow spenders to chose some minimum settings for buyers. Only those meeting those criterias can buy for you. For example i would set that i only chose buyers who had at least 3 successful trades 1 month ago. That will make it nearly impossible that he used carded funds.

But then... it could be still gamed. For example buying correctly at the start, with some anonymous prepaid virtual credit card. But it would lower the risk a lot i think.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:36:45 PM

In Europe or the US?

That is correct. Purse.io really should allow spenders to chose some minimum settings for buyers. Only those meeting those criterias can buy for you. For example i would set that i only chose buyers who had at least 3 successful trades 1 month ago. That will make it nearly impossible that he used carded funds.

But then... it could be still gamed. For example buying correctly at the start, with some anonymous prepaid virtual credit card. But it would lower the risk a lot i think.

It's a tough thing, because how would they get the successful trades to begin with? They would need to do trades that are risky (or someone would need to trust them in the beginning). I'll brainstorm this a bit and see if I can come up with a good way to handle it.

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 05:33:35 AM

for those of you complaining about orders not being filled asap, keep in mind people are paying premium prices for BTC. Orders over US$00 will be difficult to fill right now.
Linuld

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:20:04 PM

In Europe or the US?

It's a tough thing, because how would they get the successful trades to begin with? They would need to do trades that are risky (or someone would need to trust them in the beginning). I'll brainstorm this a bit and see if I can come up with a good way to handle it.

I know, new buyers would have a problem. Though for the spenders it would be good. They would not need to care about newbie buyers. Though they might lose some buyer who would buy their wishlist for a higher discount that way. It would be up to them to chose what they prefer.

At the end, i think, there still would be enough users that would allow newbies as buyers. Especially if it is the default setting.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 06:07:09 PM

In Europe or the US?

I know, new buyers would have a problem. Though for the spenders it would be good. They would not need to care about newbie buyers. Though they might lose some buyer who would buy their wishlist for a higher discount that way. It would be up to them to chose what they prefer.

At the end, i think, there still would be enough users that would allow newbies as buyers. Especially if it is the default setting.

That's true -- wasn't thinking about it like a toggle thing. That's essentially how eBay works as well, in that you can disregard bids from accounts under x age, accounts outside x country, or with less than x trades.

nicklovesBTC

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 05:20:33 PM

Not meaning to complain about free money but I have still not recieved the .01 BTC I was promised for completing the survey I was emailed. It told me that I would recieve a payment within 24 hours and of completing the the survey and I haven't recieved or have I been able to speak with anybody reguarding this matter. I hae sent an email to support, and tried on site support via the contact us link and haven't gotten any response from either one. Is anyone around to resolve here?

web2020

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 11:09:13 PM

For the EARNERS tabs, please add filter for effective rates.
For example, as a bitcoin earner, I only want to see orders with rates < 20%.
Anything beyond 20% can die into oblivion.

I get an amazon gift card credit from beer money sites, currently, there's no other alternative to exchange that amazon credit to other currency, that's why I'm stuck with purse.io. I have no interest buying those premium bitcoin prices (bitcoin price 20%+). If only I can exchange it for steam money, I can totally ditch purse.io.

As a bitcoin earner, I also ignore those new accounts with $20+ order. I had problem with a spender who doesn't reply to order messages and uses fake number on delivery address.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: