Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:50:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥🔥[ANN][ICO] Cultural Places - Revolutionizing the Tourism Industry [ANN][ICO]  (Read 2107 times)
slashbi (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:50:53 PM

I've already asked in a German speaking discussion about this project and I'm happy that I've found this one now. I find the idea very interesting, but it would be my first ICO. What do I have to do before participating?

Hey planingkoala,

thanks for your interest in this project (:! First of all you need a Wallet that supports ERC20 Tokens like MyEtherWallet. Then you have to whitelist on our website.

Just click "Participate Now" on our Website and Follow the Steps.

www.culturalplaces.com
Thank you very much for your explanation! The Wallet seems to be easy to use... But in the German channel I also was told about an Android app called Coinomi, do you know it's OK, too?

Hey,

we wouldn't recommend Coinomi, as it changes the ETH Address. Pls stay with the recommended platform (:
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
schupp

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:09:26 PM

I've already asked in a German speaking discussion about this project and I'm happy that I've found this one now. I find the idea very interesting, but it would be my first ICO. What do I have to do before participating?

Hey planingkoala,

thanks for your interest in this project (:! First of all you need a Wallet that supports ERC20 Tokens like MyEtherWallet. Then you have to whitelist on our website.

www.culturalplaces.com
Thank you very much for your explanation! The Wallet seems to be easy to use... But in the German channel I also was told about an Android app called Coinomi, do you know it's OK, too?
Thank you for your feedback!

Hey,

we wouldn't recommend Coinomi, as it changes the ETH Address. Pls stay with the recommended platform (:
Sazakan

Activity: 82
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:09:57 PM

Hey planingkoala,

www.culturalplaces.com

Hey,

I guess, this way there would be problems regarding the connection of an individual backer and his correct account after the end of the ICO?

“Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.” ― Benjamin Franklin
pelixan

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:57:34 AM

Is there already anybody here part of the ICO of this Cultural Coin??? I mean, nowadays its not easy to have an overview of all this ICOs and which one to choose and in which one to trust....especially the last argument is very important to me. How could I have some confidence about an ICO in general and especially in this one?? The idea and the project is good, but you know....its the confidence which is needed to invest in it Wink
I found a lot of information on the homepage. For example the whitepaper and the executive summary. Right now I'm reading the Blog, wich is also pretty interesting. Maybe you also find helpful information there https://www.culturalplaces.com/iconews/ ?
Thanks schupp for the answer! I have checked their website and read the whitepaper. Actually it sounds not bad Wink So the implementation of their proper cryptocurrency to buy a ticket for example is still in progress and should be done till the end of this year, correct? I like the idea of the ticketing and the possible crowdfunding on the same platform...gonna check this out more Wink
pelixan

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:05:44 AM

The other part is that the  platform offers a fundamentally new approach to cultural crowdfunding – connecting institutions,
artists, patrons and private donors.

Crowdfunding - you mean, if I'm a musician and want to record an album, I could do it using Cultural Places?

Yes, every artist can start a crowdfunding project. And the best is that 1% of funds raised for a project will be distributed to all other project - so the whole community benefits

Guys I really appreciate your project and hope that it will have success because just the crowdfunding process for an musician isnt easy (nor for other artists).
SallySunrise

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:23:24 AM

Did I get it right that the business is based on blockchain-powered ticket sales for gigs, exhibitions and stuff?

Yes this is one part!

The other part is that the  platform offers a fundamentally new approach to cultural crowdfunding – connecting institutions,
In this way the crowdfunders can support projects, artists and institutions they are interested in, right? So with the Cultural Coin I not only can buy tickets for, let's say a concert of my favorite artist, but also help him to collect the money needed for realizing a new album or something like that?
slashbi (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:57:30 AM

Crowdfunding - you mean, if I'm a musician and want to record an album, I could do it using Cultural Places?

Yes, every artist can start a crowdfunding project. And the best is that 1% of funds raised for a project will be distributed to all other project - so the whole community benefits

Guys I really appreciate your project and hope that it will have success because just the crowdfunding process for an musician isnt easy (nor for other artists).

Thanks for your kind words,

we are all really into arts and everything - and we know porblems from big institutions and small artists! And this is a problem we are solving
slashbi (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:12:59 AM

Did I get it right that the business is based on blockchain-powered ticket sales for gigs, exhibitions and stuff?

Yes this is one part!

In this way the crowdfunders can support projects, artists and institutions they are interested in, right? So with the Cultural Coin I not only can buy tickets for, let's say a concert of my favorite artist, but also help him to collect the money needed for realizing a new album or something like that?

Yes,

every artist and institution can make an account and present his/her project to the community and raise money - like kickstarter
angelitto74

Activity: 10
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:56:40 AM

Hey,

Completely wrong. ETH is account-based, and the addresses (accounts) are not changing. The only way to get a new ETH address in Coinomi is by adding a new ETH wallet (account). Please update your comment, thank you.

Angelos
Coinomi Wallet.
Vermonth

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:17:01 AM

WEBSITE|TWITTER|TELEGRAM|FACEBOOK|MEDIUM|REDDIT|NEWSLETTER

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________

Cultural Places - Official Announcement Thread

OUR ICO IS LIVE - TAKE PART IN THE BIGGEST CULTURAL REVOLUTION

WEBSITE

About Cultural Places

Cultural Places opens up a gate to all aspects of a cultural user journey
combining location based information, ticketing, crowdfunding,
map & routing and trip planning. All on one platform.

Cultural Places provides efficient ticketing utilizing the blockchain,
which makes agency intermediates unnecessary.
Result: cheaper tickets, better margins.

The platform offers a fundamentally new approach to
cultural crowdfunding – connecting institutions,

• Platforms are the most successful business model of today and tomorrow (UBER, Airbnb, TripAdvisor, etc.)
  • Connecting all participants of an eco system creates vital business opportunities
  • Providing a holistic information- and entertainment experience throughout the whole user journey is key
  • For cultural institutions, event organizers, artists, etc. addressing the customer on an individual levels is the key tool for promoting diverse offerings
  • Making transactions as easy, transparent and reliable as possible for customers will lead to more usage and trust
  • There’s huge potential for the optimization of the ticketing- and crowd funding-process in terms of pricing, fees, fraud, control, trust, transparency, communication and marketing
  • There is no platform at the moment, which achieves these goals

Cultural Places Ecosystem

About Cultural Places

Cultural Places is the first holistic platform in the cultural sector that connects
visitors, institutions, artists, content creators and donors. Cultural Places will
disrupt the cultural sector as it redefines the relations between all stakeholders
and creates new business opportunities. The core is its own crypto currency – the
Cultural Coin – based on blockchain technology. That reinvents and simplifies
cultural financing, sponsoring and ticketing.

About Oroundo

Cultural Places is created, developed and run by Oroundo. Oroundo is an already
successful international start-up with the vision to create the largest social
network and the most notable partner for culture and tourism. The company is
headquartered in Vienna, Austria – Europe’s stronghold of music and art.
Oroundo operates in 6 countries with 4 offices, more than 30 employees and 34
partners.

Token Distribution

Out of 1,5 billion generated Cultural Coins 900 million Cultural Coins (60%) will be offered to the public within the ICO. Unsold Cultural Coins will be burned after the 5th of April 2018. 10% (150 Mil) of the Cultural Coins will be placed in the stability pool. 2% (30 Mil) of the Cultural Coins will be reserved for the bounty program. 5% (75 Mil) will be distributed among the shareholders of the Cultural Places’ Oroundo Mobile GmbH. 23% (345 Mil) of the Cultural Coins will be holdback to equip all partners, team members, advisors and early investors with Cultural Coins. This is not only a reward for their efforts but also an act of commitment to this very important group, that is hard working to realize the vision of Cultural Places. With this dedicated coin pool Cultural Places is not only securing strong partnerships, it also implements important features and services of their partners (e.g. rating systems, exchange systems, etc.) within the Cultural Places product and gets access to their communities.

Reward Program

Opportunity Program

1% of all spendings on Cultural Places will be transferred to all Cultural Coin holders. This is the reward of being part of Cultural Places ecosystem and making a vision come true. Cultural Coins arised from the opportunity program will be distributed on a regular basis based on the amount of Cultural Coins a user holds in his/her wallet.

Customers Loyalty Program

1% of a user’s spendings on Cultural Places (e.g. from ticketing and shop sales) will be transferred back to the user in our loyalty program as Cultural Coins - Cultural Places’ own cryptocurrency. Users will therefore collect Cultural Coins, similar to a frequent traveler program, to further use them reducing ticket prizes, donating in cultural projects or purchasing location based content. The loyalty program reward will directly be transferred to the users‘ Cultural Places wallet in Cultural Coins.

Institution Royalty Program

1% of all spendings on Cultural Places will be put into a royalty program pot for all participating institutions. Every partner institution of Cultural Places will receive a share in Cultural Coins, which is depended on their turnover rate, their simple participation with their profile and their novelty to the platform. This raises the motivation for new institutions to participate in Cultural Places and offering content to the visitors. The distribution will happen on a regular basis.

Just found out about your interesting project...surely a different approach than most others rn. Smiley  Since i enjoy visiting galleries and museums myself a lot, i would like to ask if there is a list of institutions or "attractions" you plan to add to your selection in the near or far future? 
slashbi (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:29:58 PM

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________

WEBSITE

About Cultural Places

• Platforms are the most successful business model of today and tomorrow (UBER, Airbnb, TripAdvisor, etc.)
  • Connecting all participants of an eco system creates vital business opportunities
  • Providing a holistic information- and entertainment experience throughout the whole user journey is key
  • For cultural institutions, event organizers, artists, etc. addressing the customer on an individual levels is the key tool for promoting diverse offerings
  • Making transactions as easy, transparent and reliable as possible for customers will lead to more usage and trust
  • There’s huge potential for the optimization of the ticketing- and crowd funding-process in terms of pricing, fees, fraud, control, trust, transparency, communication and marketing

About Cultural Places

Cultural Places is the first holistic platform in the cultural sector that connects
visitors, institutions, artists, content creators and donors. Cultural Places will
disrupt the cultural sector as it redefines the relations between all stakeholders
and creates new business opportunities. The core is its own crypto currency – the

About Oroundo

partners.

Token Distribution

Out of 1,5 billion generated Cultural Coins 900 million Cultural Coins (60%) will be offered to the public within the ICO. Unsold Cultural Coins will be burned after the 5th of April 2018. 10% (150 Mil) of the Cultural Coins will be placed in the stability pool. 2% (30 Mil) of the Cultural Coins will be reserved for the bounty program. 5% (75 Mil) will be distributed among the shareholders of the Cultural Places’ Oroundo Mobile GmbH. 23% (345 Mil) of the Cultural Coins will be holdback to equip all partners, team members, advisors and early investors with Cultural Coins. This is not only a reward for their efforts but also an act of commitment to this very important group, that is hard working to realize the vision of Cultural Places. With this dedicated coin pool Cultural Places is not only securing strong partnerships, it also implements important features and services of their partners (e.g. rating systems, exchange systems, etc.) within the Cultural Places product and gets access to their communities.

Reward Program

Opportunity Program

1% of all spendings on Cultural Places will be transferred to all Cultural Coin holders. This is the reward of being part of Cultural Places ecosystem and making a vision come true. Cultural Coins arised from the opportunity program will be distributed on a regular basis based on the amount of Cultural Coins a user holds in his/her wallet.

1% of a user’s spendings on Cultural Places (e.g. from ticketing and shop sales) will be transferred back to the user in our loyalty program as Cultural Coins - Cultural Places’ own cryptocurrency. Users will therefore collect Cultural Coins, similar to a frequent traveler program, to further use them reducing ticket prizes, donating in cultural projects or purchasing location based content. The loyalty program reward will directly be transferred to the users‘ Cultural Places wallet in Cultural Coins.

1% of all spendings on Cultural Places will be put into a royalty program pot for all participating institutions. Every partner institution of Cultural Places will receive a share in Cultural Coins, which is depended on their turnover rate, their simple participation with their profile and their novelty to the platform. This raises the motivation for new institutions to participate in Cultural Places and offering content to the visitors. The distribution will happen on a regular basis.

Just found out about your interesting project...surely a different approach than most others rn. Smiley  Since i enjoy visiting galleries and museums myself a lot, i would like to ask if there is a list of institutions or "attractions" you plan to add to your selection in the near or far future? 

Hey!

Thanks for the question. Yes there is a list of Partners on our website https://www.culturalplaces.com/ scoll down and you will see that famous attractions are already workin with us - but there is so much more to come!
planingkoala

Activity: 90
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:25:54 PM

Thank you very much for your answers about the wallets and sorry that I've read them only now. OK, so perhaps I can start with MyEtherWallet and then perhaps use Coinomi? Can i also transfer everything from wallet to wallet?

Apart from this... The list of the attractions that collaborate with you is very interesting. But are you also thinking about expanding to other countries? I have a great list of wishes...  Grin Grin Grin
slashbi (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:39:19 PM

Thank you very much for your answers about the wallets and sorry that I've read them only now. OK, so perhaps I can start with MyEtherWallet and then perhaps use Coinomi? Can i also transfer everything from wallet to wallet?

Apart from this... The list of the attractions that collaborate with you is very interesting. But are you also thinking about expanding to other countries? I have a great list of wishes...  Grin Grin Grin

As i already said for participating during an ICO we recommand MyEtherWallet. After this you can transfer your Coins to every ERC20 Wallet you want (: this is possible.

Yes our aim is to be a global player and acquire almost every country in the world !
Sazakan

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:32:52 PM

I totally agree with that! The field of music is bad enough re: funding newcomers/non-mainstream projcets but especially "high art" is mostly done as a top-down-process. Ofc i see the advantages of this but a little bit of bottom-up-influence could bring some fresh thoughts and the CC would be helpful with that.

Vermonth

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:13:15 PM

WEBSITE

About Cultural Places

About Cultural Places

About Oroundo

partners.

Token Distribution

Reward Program

Opportunity Program

Hey!

Thanks for the question. Yes there is a list of Partners on our website https://www.culturalplaces.com/ scoll down and you will see that famous attractions are already workin with us - but there is so much more to come!

Thanks for your fast reply, very kind! Just looked over the list, quite a broad selection, to be honest. I have visited at least a few of the places. Smiley) Very curious about your further additions too. If i may ask one more question: Is there any chance that in the future, users/participants could suggest possible new partners to CulturalPlaces?
Sazakan

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:51:10 PM

WEBSITE

About Cultural Places

About Cultural Places

About Oroundo

partners.

Token Distribution

Reward Program

Opportunity Program

Hey!

Thanks for your fast reply, very kind! Just looked over the list, quite a broad selection, to be honest. I have visited at least a few of the places. Smiley) Very curious about your further additions too. If i may ask one more question: Is there any chance that in the future, users/participants could suggest possible new partners to CulturalPlaces?

Well, ofc i don't know about CP's stance on this - guess slashbi is going to reply to you later - but i assume that could be quite a difficult option to include. If the market share and the general usage of the cultural coin is big enough, many institutions would surely wish to become partners on their own. I am just sceptical about petitioning CulturalPlaces, since i suspect they would have a roadmap for such things anyway. Wink

TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:08:56 PM

As i already said for participating during an ICO we recommand MyEtherWallet. After this you can transfer your Coins to every ERC20 Wallet you want (: this is possible.

Yes our aim is to be a global player and acquire almost every country in the world !

There are already a bunch of tokens/altcoins created specifically for tourism industry.
But up until now, very few survive like TOA. And they end up in trading. Not really where they supposed to be.
So I have high hopes with this project because it's already backed by already existing platform - Oroundo.
Tourism industry is a big industry after all. So encompassing the global industry is already a handful.
Surprisingly, you already listed one of the zoos in Asia.
Will be looking forward to more cultural places to be listed here.

But how will you address the fact the people who love to travel need to be educated on how to use your cryptocurrency?
slashbi (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:38:42 AM

There are already a bunch of tokens/altcoins created specifically for tourism industry.
But up until now, very few survive like TOA. And they end up in trading. Not really where they supposed to be.
So I have high hopes with this project because it's already backed by already existing platform - Oroundo.
Tourism industry is a big industry after all. So encompassing the global industry is already a handful.
Surprisingly, you already listed one of the zoos in Asia.
Will be looking forward to more cultural places to be listed here.

But how will you address the fact the people who love to travel need to be educated on how to use your cryptocurrency?

Hey TimeTeller,

first of all thank you for your interest in this project!

A very important point is that we don't start from scratch. We are an established business already and all of our partner are already institutions, cathedrals, zoos or tempel we are working with.

We know that there are 2 big problems in the tourist especially in the cultural industry. Ticket fees are too high, and there are always people trying to sell fake tickets. Also there is a huge problem with funding project.

Funding your album, funding the renovate of you institution etc etc. Because we are aware of these facts we want to change the game. And give everyone the possiblity so witness a completely new way of cultural experiences.

To your last question. Education will be a big part, you are right. But as you and we can see buzzwords like Blockchain, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies are not longer expressions people do not know.

Everyone has the possibility to pay via our app with Fiat (in this process we will exchange fiat to CC to trigger the smartcontract). But as there are already Loyalty Programs as Miles and More etc we will teach them that having CC will benefit their journey as we also provide different loyalty programs.

br,
Slashbi
slashbi (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:42:21 AM

WEBSITE

About Cultural Places

About Cultural Places

About Oroundo

partners.

Token Distribution

Reward Program

Opportunity Program

Hey!

Hey,

thanks for the question. First of all we want that our ICO to be a success so that the project can start to fly. Our goal is to have a close relationship with our community. And if we see that our community want something, we definitely won't ignore it (:!
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:13:08 AM

I alone recently found out about the project? Or he really only just appeared on the forum with a description?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: