Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:18:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1-2 years of Bear Market from now? (or much less?)  (Read 944 times)
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:19:56 PM

"The market is a place to transfer wealth from impatient men to patient men" ... in the crypto market even more!

In the last 5 years bitcoin and all the cryto in general have always fallen a lot in the first 3 months of the year, and even today is the same ..... and even now, like other years, it seems that the world is ending and crypto no longer need anything.
Bear market of 1-2 years, there are those who say 5 years, who still will be all swept away by governments and banks.

Wake Up. Crypto and blockchain are just beginning! It's like investing in Microsoft, Apple and IBM in 1995-6

Investors and regulators have just discovered it, and there is not yet a single mutual fund, a single hedge or pension fund that has put money in it; what do you think will happen when crypto is regulated and can these actors enter?

This is just the beginning. Choose your horses and let them run for a long time!
andreijoaquin

Activity: 173
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:49:22 PM

So, based on discussions with many friends, I came to the conclusion that it was not the wrong choices in altcoins, but also biggest coins suffer on this - long - or temporary BEAR MAKRET.

Every passing day, MOST of altcoins depreciate in value.

I'm afraid we're stuck in a LONG TIME bearish market.

I do not want to start any kind of FUG with this topic. I just a topic of debate for everyone's opinions.

Now comes the following question: How long will be needed to stabilize the ENTIRE market ?
It's been a decade now after those pumps and dumps in cryptos value and it seems this will continue in the future. Stabilization for cryptos is quite impossible to achieve since this is what makes them worth investing for and also its nature ever since. I think the market will continue to fluctuates and will never stabilized.
bit_smoke

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:04:12 PM

We will see a recovery in the summer imo. There is no way of knowing of course, but if you look at the patter in previous years, and take into account the fundamentals, big chance that crypto marketcap will increase in the next few months. The FUD right now is not actually FUD - Sec is just trying to get rid of the scams in this space, and tbh, that is a good thing. Once people get over the fear things will pick up again
harri74

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:32:15 PM

No bro not for years, this market will start recovering in weeks, next month will be good hopefully, do not panic and just believe in your investments.

I really hope this is true and as a consequence I am holding strong even though I am currently in a negative. I have 55% XRP, 20%XLM, ETH and NEO. These are all stable strong projects which I think will stand the crypto test of time. I am hoping for a bull market to return in the mid to late spring post G20 like it did in 2017.
zokora

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:32:29 PM

So, based on discussions with many friends, I came to the conclusion that it was not the wrong choices in altcoins, but also biggest coins suffer on this - long - or temporary BEAR MAKRET.

Every passing day, MOST of altcoins depreciate in value.

I'm afraid we're stuck in a LONG TIME bearish market.

I do not want to start any kind of FUG with this topic. I just a topic of debate for everyone's opinions.

Now comes the following question: How long will be needed to stabilize the ENTIRE market ?

There is a possibility that bitcoin is in a bear trend versus fiat money, and this may last for 1-2 year. However I think we can still make money by investing in good altcoins, and we can see at least 1 or 2 altcoin bull seasons in this period.
kryptolizak

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:59:13 PM

You are to much pesimistic. Yes, altcoins going down but it is normal in cryptocurrency, like growth which will be start in next weeks. So we will not must wait 1-2 years for this

I wish... no way look at the bitcoin chart

click y3 and you will see. It BTC does't have power to grow Sad All cryptos are related to BTC as all we know. In my opinion, we have to wait 1 year... at least. To rise above ATH we have to meet the devil at the buttom of hell Wink
S7C

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:21:14 PM

You are to much pesimistic. Yes, altcoins going down but it is normal in cryptocurrency, like growth which will be start in next weeks. So we will not must wait 1-2 years for this

I wish... no way look at the bitcoin chart

click y3 and you will see. It BTC does't have power to grow Sad All cryptos are related to BTC as all we know. In my opinion, we have to wait 1 year... at least. To rise above ATH we have to meet the devil at the buttom of hell Wink

Anyone who tries to predict what will happen or a timeframe is essentially picking a number out of the sky.
JetSet11

Activity: 112
Merit: 23

"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:22:52 PM

The current trends do seem to mimic the 2014-2015 bear market. However, each year is different, and things could go in a different path than expected. I think that the market as a whole is still bottlenecked by the lack of quick access to fiat/crypto transfer by the masses. Once that problem is solved by decentralized exchanges and apps such as Bread, we may see a completely different new set of upward trends.

But for now, I would keep a bearish outlook, with bullish hopes.

knitano

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:30:21 PM

I think there are many similarities to the start of 2017 but 2018 brings something new, regulations. The SEC and their international counterparts are stepping up regulations and we're feeling the result. The bear market will continue until the shock is absorbed but more people will enter the market because of the stability. More business will be open to accept crypto as payment as a result of more regulation and stable prizes.

I'm holding coins that I think have a good long outlook (LTC, XRP, NANO and others). Hesitant of tokens...
harri74

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:36:08 PM

I think there are many similarities to the start of 2017 but 2018 brings something new, regulations. The SEC and their international counterparts are stepping up regulations and we're feeling the result. The bear market will continue until the shock is absorbed but more people will enter the market because of the stability. More business will be open to accept crypto as payment as a result of more regulation and stable prizes.

I'm holding coins that I think have a good long outlook (LTC, XRP, NANO and others). Hesitant of tokens...

I agree with this.
tylerik1

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:00:33 PM

I am not afraid of the current situation and I dont think that we will see a bear market for one or two years from now on... I am still holding all my coins I just sold a little bit Ethereum to pay some bills in the next months!

go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:07:25 PM

It is  darkest before the dawn! The latest correction is close to ending soon in next few days
going by sentiment and charts.
Tatzky

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:31:19 PM

As you know already, Bitcoin and other coins increase their price rapidly then suddenly it's like a grenade that exploded out of a sudden. it means no one knows when it will be stabilized, what will happen next, why some stupid things happen, so we need to go with the flow, people with strategies earn well as they go with it, some get confused and some try to get out from the flow, so where do you belong?

▐|     KRYPTOBITS     ▐|   THE NEXT GENERATION EXCHANGE
●》 Pre ICO start on May 17th 2018     [     kryptobits.com     ]
maliboom

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:36:08 PM

the revolution is only at the beginning. surely there will be shakes but the crypto will take the place of the fiat. and then we'll start having fun
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 09:55:02 PM

I think a lot of people need to really put things in perspective here.  If the stock market rises 20% in one year, people would be speaking about it decades later.  If the crypto market rises 1300% and then goes down to ONLY 800%, people start shitting their pants calling it a bear market.  What would you expect?  that this is free-money-Disneyland that would last for decades?  Of course the market goes down after it just moved up several hundred percent.  You can call yourself lucky (I know I will) when these prices are a bit stable for some years WITHOUT any more growth.  The real problem is that >50% of the people posting here got in at >$10k/btc.  That's the real issue here...
toolsmans

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:15:05 PM

By the way, too, I heard for a long bear market. But what would he have been for 1-2 years, too bold assault. Although the real use of crypto currency is greatly overvalued, this technology is not implemented as quickly as it should, so that it will suffer less from the game of whales. And now everyone is preparing for the spring, that there will be growth. We will see. I do not really hope for any predictions. The market principle allows you to earn here and now, it is more difficult for investors who entered the market and expected to increase their profits 10 times in 1 month. They just need to wait patiently and do their own business and leave alone the thoughts of the crypto currency.

curkowski

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:18:55 PM

Just hold on tight, you cant expect it to grow all the time, and specially at exponential rate....we are still recovering from that crazy run couple months ago....
1-2 years is too long, I think this mid december-january fiasco was the first time that crypto world got giant media recognition, and we are still far far away from wide adoption, so....
Orias67

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:28:40 AM

I think a lot of people need to really put things in perspective here.  If the stock market rises 20% in one year, people would be speaking about it decades later.  If the crypto market rises 1300% and then goes down to ONLY 800%, people start shitting their pants calling it a bear market.  What would you expect?  that this is free-money-Disneyland that would last for decades?  Of course the market goes down after it just moved up several hundred percent.  You can call yourself lucky (I know I will) when these prices are a bit stable for some years WITHOUT any more growth.  The real problem is that >50% of the people posting here got in at >$10k/btc.  That's the real issue here...

I agree, if we loot at the total Crypto marketcap we are still in positiv compared to one year ago and if you take the "huge" currencies as Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin, NEO, Ripples, (...) they are all in green compared to the same period last year so maybe the value of all cryptos went up too fast ? Maybe we needed this correction ? Anyway I know it hurts for a lot of us (me inclued, I punch myself every day for not selling in early january) but it doesn't mean that this is the end Wink

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:57:55 AM

No one can say how long we will be on the bear market. If bitcoin price does not create new ATH on this year 2018 then we can expect that on 2019. 1 year is a very long time for bearish market.

zabisux

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:03:31 AM

I think bear market will last longer than expected this year probably spring summer will be all about bear runs. But later this year everything will be resolved, crypto rally will launch and people will enjoy it.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██