Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:11:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Governments Kill Bitcoin?  (Read 1956 times)
keninu

Activity: 314
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:03:39 AM

killing bitcoin is not difficult for the government, close all exhanger, block all sites related to Bitcoin. and turn off internet searches against Bitcoin. but I do not think that will happen, if a country will spend its own digital money. bitcoin will keep running as usual, coupled with other digital money.
happness2

Activity: 121

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:03:54 AM

The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?
If they tell others that they should choose their tokens instead of Bitcoin, what advantages they have compared to Bitcoin, if they can't trade anonymously and they are similar to French coins, then we might as well use legal currency.
ghost07

Activity: 603
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:06:33 AM

Yes they can kill bitcoin. I see some of the news thats big countries try to create their own cryptocurrency if this plan will be successful bitcoin price will decrease so fast.
yasuo632

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:10:48 AM

If the government is able to make people around the world prohibit bitcoin, bitcoin's death is inevitable, but if it can't be done, then this is just a joke.
Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:12:27 AM

Governments cant kill bitcoin easily they can minimize it but they can killed because bitcoin is an decentralized crypto currency which you can find it anywhere in the globe. They cant stop bitcoin whatever they do with it
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:17:50 AM

They cannot kill bitcoin however banning them in their country could somehow affect the economy of bitcoin community since banning it would result to decrease in users meaning less demand and if the demand decrease its price will decrease also. I don't think bitcoin will be gone because I believe it is strong and many people who are into cryptos are still holding bitcoin besides bitcoin was the only digital currency that has managed to get accepted widely as payment method in any kind of transactions in most countries.

anhchangdeptrai13

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:17:54 AM

The governments will not kill bitocoin. Because government in the crypto market is just pawns.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
quocsi

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:20:55 AM

I think the government can kill bitcoins. The use of bitcoins in any form is prohibited. Bitcoin-related organizations will be banned. This will make bitcoin lose value and gradually be forgotten

Xxmodded

Activity: 2282
Merit: 309

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:37:32 AM

The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

I think you are wrong address and ask in this forum
I do not know if you are really a newbie or just want to lead to panic because the situation is right for now. but believe me, what you say is not true. and to date all of that is still a rumor. nothing really happened. and bitcoin can never be killed by all countries. you can see that bitcoin is still very popular right now even though its value goes down but that does not matter everything will get back to normal.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:44:17 AM

There is no point for governments to be trying to introduce their own cryptos, most of them would do just fine maintaining the current scheme they have set out right now. If they look into making cryptos then they might as well just be switching their entire monetary system to cryptos since they already operate what is pretty damn close to cryptos already, minus some of the special features. There's a lot of things that wouldn't make sense in a situation like this.
Steadfast20

Activity: 104
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:50:21 AM

At this moment, there is nothing the government can do with bitcoin so they can't kill it "easily" like you said. Bitcoin has been used in some countries already. That is a proof that bitcoin is being used already in some countries. Yes there are some countries who banned bitcoin but who cares. We can just use bitcoin because its decentralized.

BetHash - Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS & more! ☞ Play Lottery | Play Dice | Get Referral Bonus[/center
johnny5johnny5

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:51:43 AM

Best thing to do is to somehow get politicians to be activists for bitcoin, and pay them public speaking fees in bitcoin.
Iceblast

Activity: 783

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:10:24 AM

the government will never be able to kill bitcoin, because bitcoin is now one of the most profitable coins. so I think the government can only limit the rules without being able to kill bitcoin, because after all the bitcoin is not owned by the government and the government does not have the authority to destroy or kill bitcoin.

CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:22:46 AM

The government may limit the development of Bitcoin, but believe that the government cannot stop Bitcoin. The development of Bitcoin itself is not controlled by any organization.

How can they be able to limit the development of Bitcoin since they are not the developers of such currencies? Bitcoin will not be stopped by the government but they can banned them in their own respective countries.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Boi qaaf

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:08:14 AM

The thing which does not exist physically, how can someone kill it??

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
plaintiff77

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:20:50 AM

I dont think that government can kill bitcoin because bitcoin is not under by the government so they cant control it the reason why they ban bitcoin but still bitcoin is unstoppable because many people are investing on it even though its a little bit risky.
roadsirm

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:29:18 AM

many governments are now attacking bitcoin with any variety but I am on the principle of bitcoin can not be replaced by other virtual currency because bitcoin has proven its range and variety that is in touch.
imlosser

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:31:30 AM

It is indeed the future plan of big countries such as china, Russia, America to create their own digital currency, but that I believe will not be able to stop bitcoin currency, because bitcoin is already owned and spread all over the world.
yes i agree with you.you are right .bitcoin now very popular and people like it very much.if government decide bitcoin kill .it is i think not easy for government.bitcoin now very strong and good place in many country.

█▄          SWAAP.org     ─     The Global Payment Network          ▀█
For Individuals & Traders, Businesses, Financial Institutions
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:45:22 AM

of course can not because if you know the purpose of bitcoin is to create money that can not be controlled or controlled by anyone including the government can hardly ever be to destroy or kill bitcoin. the circulation of bitcoin is very free, not hindered by any of it.
Scalefreak

Activity: 99

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 07:58:01 AM

No. They may try to limit it, but that will only drive the price harder and in turn, increase its popularity. It's not a good use of resources for any government.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: