Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:36:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Governments Kill Bitcoin?  (Read 1955 times)
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:12:05 PM

No government can destroy or defeat Bitcoin all over the country, but the country whose government considers Bitcoin cash illegal. The government of that country can ban Bitcoin. This can lead to their price rate down. This can reduce the bitcoin user. But Bitcoin is a strong and trustworthy platform and it is due to being a digital currency and payment is widely accepted in every country. That's why the government can not completely kill it, it can ban only in your own country.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
hatun

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:17:31 PM

The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?
Bitcoin is well established world wide. As a result, big nations like USA, China, Russia feel jealous towards bitcoin. It is their ego problem. They will try their level best to bring their own currency and stop bitcoin. But, it is not possible due to the decentralized nature of bitcoin. Being decentralized, no government can regulate bitcoin.
Yzhel

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:19:23 PM

The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?
Bitcoin is well established world wide. As a result, big nations like USA, China, Russia feel jealous towards bitcoin. It is their ego problem. They will try their level best to bring their own currency and stop bitcoin. But, it is not possible due to the decentralized nature of bitcoin. Being decentralized, no government can regulate bitcoin.
For sure they want to kill bitcoin just like china wants right now, but for sure that it will not come true, especially now that we do have millions of demands or users/investors.
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:23:19 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2018, 06:34:45 PM by ahmadakbari

They can make using bitcoin difficult for people, but they cannot stop them. But now it is better to discuss about whether governments want to kill bitcoin or not. Because I think many governmets have known the advantages of blockchain technology and bitcoin. They just will make some rules and it is normal. There were many good signs in G20 summit and also US. Senate.
Platonicus

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:28:19 PM

The primary idea of Bitcoin and Satoshi Nakamoto was - A Decentralization. That means nobody can take over the control of Bitcoin (any central institution) - banks, governments, unions and so on.  So the idea is that people - POTW (people of the world) gets financial freedom and most important financial power back from central institutions.

Twitter CEO mentioned last day as well, that Bitcoin finally will become only real global currency worldwide.  My personal predictions this will happen between 2025 - 2035, when 2005 - 2010 born generation gets adult.

Next 15 years will be really interesting for Bitcoin and crypto markets. Smiley  

P.s Cryptocurrency markets by 2030 will be between 40 - 60 trillions usd (about 50% of nowadays world assets).
addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:33:20 PM

They can't kill bitcoin, it is just like saying that all of the people in any country could be covered by a law prohibiting bitcoin. That is quite impossible, that is why one by one several countries issued a warning and banned bitcoin or other alts. There is a country that created their own crypto backed by petroleum. I think that is petrol if am not mistaken. However, government I think is pretty amazed on how the blockchain work and they are thinking of new way to use or utilize the technology that could benefit their community with a certain rules, policies and laws govern by it.
Titanos

Activity: 208

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:41:51 PM

Some governments are already trying to kill Bitcoin or regulate the use of Bitcoin. I don't think it's easy to realize because of growing community around the world.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 06:53:15 PM

No! Governments can take steps to eliminate the use of Bitcoin are cryptocurrencies but they cannot Ban it completely unless they Ban the entire internet from the country. The core principle of Bitcoin state that it is a payment system with decentralization so in order to kill Bitcoin, they have to kill each and every record of the same but practically it is impossible. However, government can legally restrict users from purchasing or selling Bitcoins using Fiat currencies.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:58:51 PM

I think the government can kill bitcoin with regulations and harsh purnishments but I dont think the crypto technology is going in that direction because more and more big corperations have been investing in this technology and the is growing interest from people all over the world which keeps bitcoin and this tech alive.
EugeneJanet

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:59:30 PM

Will the government kill bitcoin? I don't think so. Bitcoin can bring a lot of revenue to the government. The government finds its own digital currency, and if it kills bitcoin, the encryption market will collapse, which is bad for the entire encryption market.
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:25:39 PM

For me, yes government have a jurisdiction to kill and prohibit bitcoin but only in their state. We all know that bitcoin is design to work without a single administrator or central banks and also that is the main aim of bitcoin a digital currency that government can’t control so it will become harsh to some government sectors to kill bitcoin. But I think some government sectors will embrace bitcoin and another cryptocurrency because some cryptocurrency is helping the economy's growth.  Smiley
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:40:38 PM

am not sure of that now,,,if they will,,,they suppose to would have stop it on before this time
If countries like China and Russia is thinking to make and launch their own cryptocurrencies for the do not trust Bitcoin as it can be used badly so it is very true about Bitcoin that it is decentralized and everyone can use it. So they would have control over their own digital currencies that are not called decentralized that would be the same as fiat money.
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:42:20 PM

They can ban it but they don't have the power to kill it since bitcoin is controlled by people not by institutes. I think sooner or later every country will accept bitcoin

The best is yet to come!
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:25:52 AM

To have their own digital currency is possible. They must have the priority of making such cryptocurrency. However, it doesn't mean able to kill Bitcoin. As known, bitcoin has been spreading around the worldwide. It always develops and grows among societies in this world. It is difficult to stop it and replace with their digital currency. But, I also feel curious about this.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:32:35 AM

To have their own digital currency is possible. They must have the priority of making such cryptocurrency. However, it doesn't mean able to kill Bitcoin. As known, bitcoin has been spreading around the worldwide. It always develops and grows among societies in this world. It is difficult to stop it and replace with their digital currency. But, I also feel curious about this.
Having a currency in one country and it they made, this idea is good because they control and even the government can't banned it. But like as other said. It is not meang that they kill the bitcoin maybe the bitcoin user was lessen but it can't killed . Yhe only eay to kill the bitcoin is to unite and make decision that bitcoin banned in all country
rainezerr

Activity: 378

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:34:35 AM

Yes governments can really rid of cryptocurrency out of their country but just like china, there will be a lot of complains that will keep on coming on the government each day and they will still allow ico's to run on their country just like japan is doing right now on cryptocurrency, they are using bitcoins ti improve their own economy.

colvis

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:01:12 AM

well for me bitcoin cannot be kill or replace with another coin, the creation of new coin buy the government organisation will only affect the price of bitcoin but that cannot eliminate its existence. 
brio18

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:11:19 AM

of course, it may be done by the government because they have power over their country. but it is easy or not to kill them bitcoin I do not understand it. and hopefully that does not happen. I hope bitcoin can get support from the government.
mi56374100

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:33:41 AM

2017 will introduce the world into cryptocurrency. Unfortunately, governments around the world are starting to notice this as money starts to flow in. There is no financial regulation in the area of cryptocurrency. However; With the development of the industry, the government has stepped in and tried to provide some oversight for the fragmented market.

In the long run, their regulations will help the development of this space. However, they remain focused on criminal activities surrounding the use of cryptocurrencies and will continue to strengthen control and regulation of virtual currencies in the coming years.
kirito1614

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:06:46 AM

Theory is after all hypothesis, yet unless the administration offer a change on Bitcoin then for what reason would this be a danger to Bitcoin? In the event that it's enhanced Bitcoin then for what reason would we be unfriendly to this crypocurrency? In the event that the legislature turned out with an enhanced cryptographic money which was open source and decentralized then I without a doubt welcome the change. Would most likely alter my opinion of the way governments think on the off chance that they really did this. On the off chance that it's not decentralized or open source then it ought to fizzle.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: