Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:56:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Governments Kill Bitcoin?  (Read 1951 times)
Suguha

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:00:49 AM

The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?
I think government can do whatever thay want even killing bitcoin or drag it down because government can make a law or policy that bitcoin will not be used to their country, because if something will be threat to a government they can put down just by giving order or to make a law just to put it down.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:22:39 AM

The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

Yes, they can if they will not accept bitcoin in their countries. It is always depend on their governing rules and policies about digital currency usage in their countries.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:52:06 AM

Everything is possible and yes governments can kill bitcoin if they thinks bitcoin does not evolve these financial status
lucemferrum01

Activity: 245

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 12:22:28 PM

I think they can since government can regulate how people will be able to convert bitcoin to extent that it can be used in their nation. If they ban bitcoin then it will greatly affect a huge amount of investors thus affecting the market, though of course they would have a hard time regulating bitcoin users but it will surely hit hard the market.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:35:44 PM

Of course the government has the power to do so. But I think this will not do the Government because bitcoins help people especially those who are poor like me. I wonder if this could be the reason for controlling its price as in China where many people have been losing due to wrong information they are receiving

agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:38:58 PM

In my own personal opinion, it depends because there are now a lot of countries started making bitcoin legal to them so there are low chances that they could kill bitcoin or cryptocurrencies. But i think the government could run bitcoin if or take over of it, which i would disagree because the government would put a tax and stary corrupting it, so i will not earn the same amount of bitcoin ever again.
snowbubble

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:39:38 PM

I think in future all governments will move to crypto so its not killing but they will be part of crypto. So we will need to adapt with time too .
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:44:00 PM

Of course the government has the power to do so. But I think this will not do the Government because bitcoins help people especially those who are poor like me. I wonder if this could be the reason for controlling its price as in China where many people have been losing due to wrong information they are receiving

of course not. governments cant kill bitcoin because bitcoin is not the same as fiats that they can controll easily. bitcoin is a decentralize currency and it was built online. that simply means it cannot be modified or damaged by anyone even the greatest hackers. governments can only block websites and ban the exchanges offline but not all countries restricts bitcoin. majority of countries are still operating bitcoin , so i guess bitcoin can still developed because many people use it for their daily lifestyle.
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:45:04 PM

I think the government can only prohibit its people, not to play Bitcoin. but the government can not just kill Bitcoin, because bitcoin comes with the internet, as long as there are internet people will find a way to access Bitcoin.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:47:07 PM

I think in future all governments will move to crypto so its not killing but they will be part of crypto. So we will need to adapt with time too .
Yes, there are very few reasons for governments to kill Bitcoin. As the popularity of Bitcoin has diminished, the power of banks has increased. Governments and banks are in a close relationship. That's why there are now problems with Bitcoin's freedom.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
leavefifa

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:49:32 PM

If the government wants to end the existence of Bitcoin, the government must hold and manage it. But as far as I know, this is something the government can not do. Bitcoin will be very difficult, if all countries simultaneously do not accept it. But I do not think so. Bitcoin in particular and Cyptocurrency is an indispensable trend. Too hard to stop Bitcoin.
cutecute

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:54:19 PM

For me government can't kill or ban bitcoin becausw there are so many people who make their life better because of it. All of the users or worker here don't let anyone to destroy it because we all know that many people being helped by it
Clover_Faith

Activity: 237

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:58:33 PM

I dont think so but  government can kill bitcoin maybe someday because in other country they ban bitcoin. But all i need to do is enjoy using bitcoin and just Ignored it.

▬▬ ● ● Papusha ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰     PAPUSHA ROCKET TECHNOLOGY ICO COOMING SOON   ▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▲▼ WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ MEDIUM  ▲▼
Kuchiyose

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:01:12 PM

If a government is not allowed to play Bitcoin or invest in it it seems like it could happen and make Bitcoin a less functional one in that country.
Eros1on

Activity: 258

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:06:04 PM

If the BTC can be killed, BTC would have been destroyed a few years ago. Instead, I think BTC can exist for decades.

ostrovagaly

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:20:28 PM
Merited by gordeevaverona (1)

On the business itself, a very significant part of our life is played by the government and they can literally forbid everything, not to mention the fact that even though there is democracy, it is suggested to our eyes that they are blind.

bitcoinskyrocket09

Activity: 239

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:43:43 PM

Yes governments can kill btc. Government are the one who is responsible in all the happenings in our society and in our community. Government can remove any sort of illegality and illegitimate transactions, connections and other works and actions that big people does. Many illegalities are made because they use digital money and btc or cryptocurrency is involved in those crimes so i conclude that government can really kill btc.
BlueBitc

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:48:39 PM

No, the best bitcoin to date is because many countries are receiving bitcoin other than the US government because of the security in transactions and the very low cost so that the level of trust of the world people prefer bitcoin.
Boys27

Activity: 329

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:58:19 PM

no one can kill bitcoin, now bitcoin price is down but in my opinion this is only temporary, now is the best time to buy bitcoin and altcoin because the price is going down, and my estimate in mid year the price will go up

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                         
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Houseman

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:26:09 PM

I think government support is actually very important in crypto world. But without government support, bitcoins still able to survive. All the years back then, bitcoin can survive, i think now and future also can.

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: