Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:49:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin price affect ICOs  (Read 2928 times)
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:03:56 AM

When the price of Bitcoin increase holders become reacher and they want to invest more. Then the number of participants in ICOs is growing and projects gather more money
LesterD

Activity: 665
Merit: 114

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:47:35 AM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
it really has a big effect on ICOs, imagine if a particular ICO is done and successfully finished but the price of bitcoin suddenly rises, then the price of altcoin produced on ICO will probably dump, since it is also base on the price of bitcoin during token sale.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3713

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 09:49:34 AM

Because Bitcoin is the first and largest crypto, the success and confidence are transferred to the rest of the currencies. any vibration in this confidence affects the rest of the currencies as follows:

• Bitcoin is used as an intermediate currency when purchasing any ICOs so any change in Bitcoin will affect the rest.
  • The easiest way to cash out is to convert ICO tokens into Bitcoin and so to any real currency.
  • Macro factor (Market direction): The standard at Bitcoin is very high which affects the mood of the market.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:49:37 PM

it can affect their prices in two different ways:

1. everyone knows that whenever bitcoin is falling everything else falls harder. so ICO tokens are no exceptions. they can fall hard because of it and never recover.

2. which is the most important one in my opinion is the fact that when bitcoin is rising like last year there are a lot of newbies coming in with a lot of dreams of getting rich overnight while having 0 understanding of the market. and when price drops like these days the same newbies are running away as fast as possible.
these newbies are the main bulk of investors in ICOs and when there are more of them around ICOs can have better days than when there is less of them around and they are running away.

I agree on how the price of bitcoin drops and everything now was unpredictable, but with regards to the ico I think that the opportunity now at low price could attract good investors. Having those newbies weren't a reliable assurance that makes bitcoin price rise even higher, but the most certain situation was more wise investors waited for that low price to buy. If you think that it will affect the ico, then I guess that's far behind all speculated ideas because most of those who used digital currency now preferred a cheaper bitcoin value for their purchases.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:53:10 PM

For example, bitcoin's price is high and by that time many people invested on ICO. And after a couple of months or weeks before the ICO ends, the price goes down so fast. They are affected in a way that they are depending to the price of bitcoin so instead of computing the whole bitcoin collection in quantity, they are computing it with value so that's really making some ICO's run longer with their collection phase.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
dasha_buka

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:21:32 PM

I fully agree with you, I constantly monitor the graphs and see the full interrelation of btc with other alts. I don't know why this is happening yet.         
procopiapao

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:42:12 PM

For me yes. The funding for an ICO depends on the value of the bitcoin. So when the bitcoin is down then so as for the ICO funds. For example, an ICO uses a certain altcoin, when bitcoin is down, the other altcoin is also downl
priyankg3

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:04:22 PM

During Ico i dont think bitcoin price affect ICO, if ethereum price rise then its affect ICO, if ICO over and trading live then btc Game start...  Grin Grin Grin
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:07:22 PM

It will. Specially if they are pricing their coin to BTC only.
Example. My ICO target is 1 million dollars, then suddenly there is a huge drop in the bitcoin price? Now the number of my token per BTC will also change.
How can I get that million dollar if the price keeps on changing that much. I guess they can only estimate it.
But they will be losing a lot if the price keeps on dropping. Instead of a million dollars, they will be getting like 700k for example. That means it didnt really hit my soft cap or hard cap.

Problem is, they cannot sell it with USD directly.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
Valermos

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 07:08:30 PM

Bitcoin price is one of the price markers, so of course its rate affects ICO, as well as bounty managers and the team could be paid in BTC or ETH.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
xmas7

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:12:08 PM

Of course it does. It is base currency for many altcoins and also bitcoin is the most watched crypto. It basically determines mood on the crypto market.
blackhart7

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:12:22 PM

Mostly ETH price will affect for ico's .because most of them using ETH for ico
bratbu

Merit: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:09:06 PM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
Yes it is,if the bitcoin's price fail many of these ICOs wont get good numbers of investors especially when the market is bearish few ICOs will be able to achieve success,and if the market is in bullish trend these ICOs are achieving success getting hardcap easily because the ICO investors are willing to give their bitcoins to these projects.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
efeyigit399

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:15:45 PM

The crypto money market is affected by everything. tab is the most expensive btc in this market. btc is affecting most ico prices.
ac2eugenio

Activity: 275

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:17:43 PM

Yes it is,if the bitcoin's price fail many of these ICOs wont get good numbers of investors especially when the market is bearish few ICOs will be able to achieve success,and if the market is in bullish trend these ICOs are achieving success getting hardcap easily because the ICO investors are willing to give their bitcoins to these projects.
This is true,less ICOs are getting success when the market is bearish because there are less investors willing to risk their money in a failing trend.On the otherhand if the market is bullish,most of these ICOs are hitting hardcap that is why i am waitin for the market to be bullish so that i can join these solid ICOs in my watch list.
steinkopf

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:19:56 PM

The crypto money market is affected by everything. tab is the most expensive btc in this market. btc is affecting most ico prices.
I agree with you. Bitcoin is the king of crypto and it affects the price of alt coins and on ICO. I know that many campaigns do not want to start trading during the strong fall of bitcoin.
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:24:31 PM

BTC will always the barometer for the price of alternate currencies/ICOs. If BTC takes a hit, usually everything else goes down also.

cryptodevs

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:34:53 PM

Yes it is,because if bitcoin's price is failing all of the investors doesnt want to put their money at risk especially to thes ICOs because most of these projects are turning into scam that is why they wont join any of these if the market is crashing,but on the other hand if the market is bullish most of the investors are willing to put their money in these ICOs.
tycsols

Activity: 812

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:36:16 PM

yes it does effect icos, btc generally defines the nature of crypto market, when the btc is bullish the market volume is increasing and new money is entering the market rapidly, icos also receive bigger and faster funds during such market, while in bearish market most people panic and cashout their investments, no new investments are made including icos, effecting them negatively.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:39:56 PM

Everything in cryptocurrency is linked to the price of bitcoin, so yes, it will affect ICO's in a number of ways.  If bitcoin prices are low, the ICO's may not raise enough funds and do not meet the soft cap requirement.  People tend to also not want to invest in anything (fear) when bitcoin prices are tumbling. 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: