Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:40:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin price affect ICOs  (Read 2928 times)
steins19

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:41:20 AM

I agree that Bitcoin value affects Alternate coins (Alt coins) and Initial Coin Offering (ICO).To put it simple Bitcoin, Alt Coins, and ICOs altogether build the market. It's just like a domino effect when the first block fell down the others as well. There are some blocks who would remain still but the effect is to vast already. Which generally shows the movement or the fluctuations of the prices in the Market. When the market bleeds all that is part of it bleeds as well. There are many factors that affects the coin market value but it's common thing to know that when the highest or the one positioned on the top falls it is expected that others inferior to it may fall as well.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
hyunee

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:03:34 AM

Yes. The price of bitcoin whenever it is high or low, it greatly affects the value of the ICOs. Since the value of Bitcoin depends on the market and other stuffs like a big events going to happen for example is the Chinese New Year, this also affects other ICOs. This also has something to do with the investors investing in the ICOs. They are the source of funds that every projects arising so they greatly influences the value of the cryptocurrency coins.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:30:49 AM

I think the best ico it releases when Bitcoin rises high.
And look now, not many of the best ico releases since Bitcoin has dropped dramatically, because if Bitcoin is expensive then developers have big capital too.

But at this time may be investors who benefit because with cheap Bitcoin then investors do not need to spend much money to invest.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
democity

Activity: 303
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:42:23 AM

This is normal. Bitcoin is the highest coin in the market, its volatility represents the volatility of the market, so you can see that the good and bad effects of most of the news can be shown on the price of the bitcoin.
iBlitz22

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:20:46 PM

I would say technically yes since bitcoin is really the root of why we have this called ICO. And since most of the coins or crypto currency were came from bitcoin itself. But most of the ICOs' platform are based on ethereum, is that right? It is really hard to explain but that is what I can see on the situation that the crypto is facing right now.
drew314

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:27:42 PM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
I think yes, because when the bitcoin price is continuously dropping many investors in the ICO's are scared to invest anymore. They are scared that they just lose their money and if the ICO without investors has a big chance to fail.
putri,biuty

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:31:42 PM

I see bitcoin prices and other uaNG digital eyes are now at a lower level, it will really have an impact on running ico, I also do not know what else to think about if this happens continuously
madgtr

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:49:54 PM

I think bitcoin affects all altcoins and subsequently it affects ICOs as well.
Aminmon

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:01:49 PM

When the price of the bitcoin has fallen, so means that the bear market, now people are no longer willing to attend the ICO raise, so led to most of the ICO project at below their issue price, so that people no longer participate in the ICO raise. ,

G14tz87

Activity: 321
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:45:12 PM

Basically bitcoin prices affect ICO, the news creates negative market sentiment weighing the price of some virtual currencies, according to Charles Hayter, chief executive and founder of CryptoCompare's digital currency comparison website.
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:46:36 PM

usually it will be like that. when bitcoin prices rise, altcoin also goes up even though not significant such as bitcoin increase. even ico exchange rate also rose.
Whybuycrypto

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:05:54 PM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
I think a lot of investing is based on consumer confidence. Since BTC is always in the news it is bound to have an impact on ICOs when it goes down. There is still money to be made when BTC and ETH are slipping. Still need to do your homework on what coins you want to invest in.
Pulafripta

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:10:43 PM

The volume of that ico in fiat will go down so the project is affected if you raise 20000000$ in eh and at that moment1 eth= 1000$. And then the eth will drop you wont have that initial 20mil$ an the money you have may not be enough for the project to go on
conanmori

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:18:41 PM

Yes with the Bitcoin price going down all alt coins also go down and ICOs with high price will go dump big when they enter the exchangers. It was safe for ICOs to enter exchangers when the Bitcoin price is on high so they can be pull up with BITCOIN.

Agathai

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:02:46 PM

I agree with this. Bitcoin with its reputation and long history, along with the widespread popularity of the international community. Not surprisingly, when the bitcoin value is dominating the crypto market and the ICO. In fact, there are very high quality ICOs and high user demands. But the process of selling crowds happened at the time of the market crash. That limits the transaction volume of buying tokens.
Mikado$

Activity: 170

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:52:03 PM

Yes, this is exactly correct. If you look at the crypto market for a while. We will realize that the bitcoin value is dominating the crypto market. Most altcos and ICOs are subject to bitcoin. The bitcoin value is reduced, meaning ETH and the altcoin go down. This obviously affected the crowd's sales of ICOs, purchasing power declined due to low ETH and BTC values. Investors or consumers will find it difficult to accept losses because of the value of the token that is fixed during the sale.
pdutta
Copper Member

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 07:23:52 AM

I think bitcoin price affect ICOs . I noticed that when bitcoin value goes down, almost all other altcoins prices also go down.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
amaterazu

Activity: 407
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:26:47 AM

ICO price affected with supply and demand, not affected by bitcoin. If there are a lot of people sell the coins then the price will decrease and if there are a lot of people buying them, the price will raise up.

█▐ ▏  DDCT  ▕ ▌   https://digitaldollarcoin.com/   ▕ ▌█
∎∎∎∎    The etherMillennium Coin of the Century    ∎∎∎∎
Biastar

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:31:46 AM

it can affect their prices in two different ways:

1. everyone knows that whenever bitcoin is falling everything else falls harder. so ICO tokens are no exceptions. they can fall hard because of it and never recover.

2. which is the most important one in my opinion is the fact that when bitcoin is rising like last year there are a lot of newbies coming in with a lot of dreams of getting rich overnight while having 0 understanding of the market. and when price drops like these days the same newbies are running away as fast as possible.
these newbies are the main bulk of investors in ICOs and when there are more of them around ICOs can have better days than when there is less of them around and they are running away.

Well, that is a bit harsh on the newcomers. I would like to make it that not all newcomers behave the same way as expressed above, we don't have the actual numbers that support it, like research papers perhaps? Though there is truth in it, but I do not recommend blaming newcomers for it.
Let us also note that there are certain circumstances that when bitcoin price fluctuates, major investors (not necessarily newcomers) move their money from coin to coin thus affecting market price of certain coins or alts in general.
dashunka

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:36:59 AM

if the price on the market falls, it affects the development of the project - it slows down, and for investors it does not get the expected profit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: