Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:28:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin price affect ICOs  (Read 2928 times)
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:41:00 PM

I Think yes, it has their effects on the ICOs. Look, when the price of 1BTC drops, it will lead to a big drop (not always) in the Altcoins world. Then, Ethereum price will drop too and the market will follow the down trend. The ICOs usually store their Bitcoin and Ethereums until the ending of the Token sale, when the price of Bitcoin goes down, Ethereum will follow and it will be a loss for the company, the token itself will have less value when it gets added to an Exchanger.
Adamant06

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:52:58 PM

Does the price of botcoin affect ICO. I dont know how but i also wondering that when the price of bitcoin fails down, almost ICO project also goes down. They are consider the same changes reaction.
Lower price for bitcoin means it's more accessible and more people can afford it,equal to the one participate in ICOs. On the other hand, companies exchange tokens for crypto and lower price means they need to sell more tokens in order to achieve their goal. And in my personal opinion, i think bitcoin affect the price of ICO's because these token sales are getting banned and/or regulated globally, it encourages people to hold Bitcoin instead of alternative protocol assets. Due to the uncertainty that surrounds new ICOs, investors are selling altcoins and instead purchasing Bitcoin.
gordonsam32

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:55:18 PM

Does the price of botcoin affect ICO. I dont know how but i also wondering that when the price of bitcoin fails down, almost ICO project also goes down. They are consider the same changes reaction.
Lower price for bitcoin means it's more accessible and more people can afford it,equal to the one participate in ICOs. On the other hand, companies exchange tokens for crypto and lower price means they need to sell more tokens in order to achieve their goal. And in my personal opinion, i think bitcoin affect the price of ICO's because these token sales are getting banned and/or regulated globally, it encourages people to hold Bitcoin instead of alternative protocol assets. Due to the uncertainty that surrounds new ICOs, investors are selling altcoins and instead purchasing Bitcoin.

I don't think that Bitcoin itself is exempted from being regulated eventually. In fact, I think that it is the first coin govts are trying to target for regulation...
weiweianll

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:02:09 PM

Bitcoin affects many digital cryptographic currencies!

The price of BTC is rising and people have confidence in other digital cryptographic currencies!

When the market is booming, people are keen to invest in ico projects!
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:09:04 PM

if the price on the market falls, it affects the development of the project - it slows down, and for investors it does not get the expected profit.

I think the investors will compare everything with Bitcoin and try to judge from the Bitcoin price. Because the whole world of crypto is connected with Bitcoin. Bitcoin now directly reflects on the ICO
I agree with you, myself if you want to trade in ico, of course I always see bitcoin price, because I want to compare my profit loss if you want to trade in ico. so I think all investors also think the same with me.
jojowar

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:13:13 PM

I think there is a direct effect of bitcoin price in ICOs. When the bitcoin drops, majority of the coins also drops. It is just a domino effect. Majority of the price of the coins depends on the price of the bitcoin.

Superturacoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:24:38 PM

I think there is a direct effect of bitcoin price in ICOs. When the bitcoin drops, majority of the coins also drops. It is just a domino effect. Majority of the price of the coins depends on the price of the bitcoin.
Bitcoin price is fluctuating it can affect the projects on ICO because they basis on the market of bitcoin. As far as I know bitcoin in this forum is everything .Our way to get enormous profit is to join some ICO project so better to look a campaign with great potentials.

TowerBee.io      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ICO > on our exchange TowerX   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
markgayamo

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:36:23 PM

Yes,  it affects all of the ICO in terms that when the price of Bitcoin goes up or green in the market also the same as all of ICO the price is up. But when bitcoin is down it affects all of the ICO coins turns red in the market and has a low price and it depends in the price but some ICO has a big amount of supply and investors and has a good community.
btcefeyigit39

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:42:05 PM

ico is the most sensible investment in the world of crypto money primarily. The btc price affects everything. because all the coins are indexed to btc. I think it is not only affected by the ico period btc price.
boroda074

Activity: 168

ONe Social Network

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:45:12 PM

Of course it does, because if bitcoin falls in price and all the altcoins too, and through this people are afraid of ICO!

pakole69

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:03:08 PM

obviously Yes.I am sure that when the bitcoin rate is low then the projects get a lot more investment than when the rate is high

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
Altcoindealer

Activity: 699
Merit: 136

XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:10:10 PM

I think there is more a psychological thing. When bitcoin is dumping everybody is feared to lose money. So instead of buyin in cheap, they sell everything to get safe in fiat money. And when bitcoin is rising, everbody is happy and is open handed and want to invest and has no fear anymore to loose money. So its funny to see how the biggest shit ico reach their hardcap while bull market and other very good ico reach barely their softcap while the bear market.
minnerETN

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:11:52 PM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
right . The price of BTC has a strong influence on ICO projects. I think that as the price of BTC increases, ICO will be more successful and will be listed on the big exchanges. But when Bitcoin prices drop, they may become scammers
EasyGoing

Activity: 187

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:13:15 PM

For new people to cryptocurreny, maybe YES.

Example : I want to contribute to an ICO but, bitcoin price is getting lower. I may think "its bad, cryptocurrency is turning into ashes" and I decide to not contributing in that ICO just because I think "cryptocurrency world is going to end"
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:13:32 PM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
I believe that bitcoin is an indicator on the market, and the price of altcoins depends on its price. As we see the current situation this confirmation. If the situation on the market is bad, then investors refrain from investing and ICO projects do not collect the necessary amounts. Personally, my opinion.

Osiris0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:38:40 PM

It is not so complicated. Most of the crypto depend on BTC price, but banksters that have bought all exchanges and printing tether as they want can do with BTC price anything. And when BTC goes down, ETH is also speculative so far. And most of the ICOs are ETH-based tokens...
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:13:17 PM

Bitcoin price definitely affects some ICO. If there is drop in bitcoin price, other altcoins like Ethereum will drop and most of these major coins are what investors use in investing in ICO. Which means, if there is a drop, there might not be much sales as expected and this may indirect affect the listing of the project on exchange.
jcmansah7

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:44:55 PM

I don't think bitcoin price affect ICOs. The only reason I can relate is that when bitcoin price goes down, no one is willing to buy a coin not even a coin which has no fate in the cryptocurrency world.

lukmandog

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:27:12 PM

Bitcoin is the main platform of cryptocurrencies. of course it affects ICOs directly.
ICOs come from bitcoin which is splitted to new initial coins and tokens. the lower price of bitcoin, the more new initial coins will offered, because the developers can take the advantage from a low price of bitcoin that can be splitted to much more coins/tokens than high price of bitcoin.
idioma1

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:30:38 PM

Yes, it affects ICOs heavily
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: