Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 08:38:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2415 times)
tats14

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:10:57 AM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
Well it is easy to say that people now is so very eager to rich, well for traders yes, they buy low price and sell in high price to become rich, that's life , that is the existence of our own world.

jamieasf

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:12:45 AM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
Maybe the reason is that, You are amazed to the value of that specific coins to the point that you want to have that coin. And then we you saw that the price is dropping, you are in panic selling. You are afraid that the value of coin will totally drop down and never wait for the coin to recover it's price.
GalaxyWorld

Activity: 406

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:43:12 AM

Thanks guys!
Maybe the reason is that, You are amazed to the value of that specific coins to the point that you want to have that coin. And then we you saw that the price is dropping, you are in panic selling. You are afraid that the value of coin will totally drop down and never wait for the coin to recover it's price.
If you are not good at investing then you should not race the market. Wait patiently for the coin to recover. I think big investors always create fluctuations in the market and they have a good time to buy and sell to make a profit. And their profits are earned because of people like you.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
AimHigh

Activity: 554
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:47:42 AM

Thay is also your problem because why are you selling your coin even you buy it in high that is a big problem and you or they didn't really understand the real meaning or trading or investing here in bitcoin if you are short term investor make it sure that you earn not to loss because the act you are doing was losing your money and try to really understand what you are entering.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:52:18 AM

Thanks guys!

This is one of a hellish thing in trading. Everyone of us has different styles and ways but the truth is we can't anticipate what are others thinking when they are trading without gaining profit or even losing.
Actually of course none of the traders want to lose, but you know that price changes in bitcoin are very volatile and sometimes not in accordance with one's expectations. yeah style and trading strategy a person is different, when they see prices continue to down. it may be that their strategies and styles are more likely to do cutlose or sell at low prices and wait for the price to go down again to buy again.
onebtcforlife

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:06:16 PM

Most of the traders don't want to lose their investment but when the market is completely negative. In this case, people will not able to control their felling and start selling them for the low price and starting buying higher value potential coins but they are not understanding they are losing some money while selling them for low prices.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:15:20 PM

Experience traders do this thing to cut losses, but newbies do this because of their weak emotions.
Every time you trade, it must be supported with your target price to prevent any big loss.
Panicking can also be the reason why, and again you must know how to control your emotion.
Yes, experienced traders are better at it since they know what they are doing and they always know what to expect probably when a support is broken and there is a possibility of a free fall, but someone without the knowledge, the bad part of it is that they always end up cutting the losses when the market has even bottomed out, and then the market recovers and they are buying at the top again with the same cycle happening over and over again. That is honestly ridiculous.

Buying high and selling at low is simply because they have no knowledge of trading but they still want to trade anyway and that is where the problem starts. Also a lot of them as investors do not understand what they are holding and then they panic as they see their account drop hugely and that is where problem starts as well. However, it is normal to always end up learning your lessons and in the long run, you will not repeat that mistake again.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Firefox07

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:38:34 PM

I think you are panicking too much or you are not patient enough. What are your reasons why you sell at low price. You need to control yourself. Because when you panic alot. You can make a bad decision. And that is to sell your coin even at low price.

kyori

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:48:50 PM

it is simply because of spreading FUD or the person is weak thinking that the coin may not rise again. Emotional people should not do trading because it won't benefit them.

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1652
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:07:54 PM

Thanks guys!

The answer to this problem is, in fact, one and easy: Panic sales.

People around are investing in the sense that I have to earn money as soon as some people make good money with investments. This is also the case in the cryptographic sector. For this reason, if they need inexperience, they are entering purchase orders with high price and ambition, and they are starting to watch their investments with great enthusiasm. After a while, the tension is coming to the fore and with the panic sales these people are taking off the hands of the hands. The result is the answer I gave in two words: "Panic sales."
Finestream

Activity: 3080
Merit: 608

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:22:48 PM

I think you are panicking too much or you are not patient enough. What are your reasons why you sell at low price. You need to control yourself. Because when you panic alot. You can make a bad decision. And that is to sell your coin even at low price.
I understand because i was once like you worrying always the price especially when it drops off.I think everyone here also experienced that way making believe that the price will drop continuously so much better if we sell it right away.But that will only contribute to a more dump by making panic selling.Maybe when this happens,the best thing to do is to chill and relax.We might not want to be a loser in the end so we should be patient in holding our coins and wait until the price recovers again.

Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:22:58 PM

Thanks guys!
Those people who are buying bitcoin with a high price and selling it with only a low price are those people who are not patient enough and doing panic selling. They are afraid that if the bitcoin's price is going down, it may continue until zero and they will lose all of their money which is impossible to happen. Bitcoin's price is volatile. It may increase or even decrease its price.
Eggzootechkoyn

Activity: 97

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:26:10 PM

The reason behind this is that they have lack of experience as to what really the nature of cryptoworld. It's very vulnerable of price fluctuations due to its volatility. When they have read about FUDs, they will panic sell their holdings which make the market price even goes deeper only to find out that it goes rising up the following week.

Hodl is always the key to survive in this survival-of-the-fittest crypto environment.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:32:36 PM

Thanks guys!
Those people who are buying bitcoin with a high price and selling it with only a low price are those people who are not patient enough and doing panic selling. They are afraid that if the bitcoin's price is going down, it may continue until zero and they will lose all of their money which is impossible to happen. Bitcoin's price is volatile. It may increase or even decrease its price.
Anyway, we can't blame them doing that way, maybe they are just new and still learning crypto trading. It happens sometimes to cut losses but it couldn't be possible it always happen. Actually, they want also to make profit and thinking that price is always on the go but they don't think also that it sometimes go down.
kmlhsan

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:42:53 PM

Those buyer buy coins at a high price because they think that it will be increased. But when the price become low they sell coin thinking that the price will be decrease more. I think that is their philosophy.
charmaine08

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:44:41 PM

They don't know the strategy of having a bitcoin or how to invest on it.
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:00:46 PM

Thanks guys!
That is called panic buying because they think when they buy high the price will go high too they didn't mind what will happen later. The correct is buy low and sell high so that you'll be profited.
Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:02:03 PM

Thanks guys!
On this case I think that's just because of uncertainty. Surely, no one wants to lose money especially on an investment. They probably buy when the price is high because they are expecting that its market value will continue increasing. And when it comes on selling, they are just worried so they just tried to cut of their losses. And that I think explains it all.
Sven37

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:10:04 PM

damn it, i was into this when everybody around was getting huge gains. to impatient and chasing.

for me it was not paniking all the time. it was a mixture of chasing (when it went up of course) and selling because i thought i could buy back later and buy more coins.

now i am trapped in the opposit, hodl because i am down and not cashing out and rebuy later, because of fomo. as some already mentioned, if you wanna trade, you should map everything out and control your emotions. if you wanna trade, just trade coins you believe in. so it dont hit you hard if you got cought when it goes down more. also split you buyins and dont go all in at once!
grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:17:57 PM

Thanks guys!
There are many reasons people buy Bitcoin at high prices and sell it at low or even meager prices. In my country, there are quite a lot of Bitcoin sellers at low rates because they buy at high prices and face many risks. So they sell their Bitcoin to cut losses.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: