Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:33:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Alts with ETH or BTC  (Read 1094 times)
bombie1

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 12:53:52 PM

These days eth has performed poorly in the market despite its usages in many ico projects but bitcoin is still doing very well even in this bear market.So buying altcoins with btc will give anyone a lot of coins to take home than using eth. Bitcoin is now the way to go. I will rather use bitcoin to trade these days and not eth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Valareos

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

BitSong is decentralized music streaming platform.

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:27:01 PM

USD. I buy all altcoins exclusively to USD.
For me, this is the most convenient way to buy and control your portfolio...

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
Specctrall

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:39:23 PM

I think that now we need to wait until the market stops falling and then to analyze altcoins. because I think that investing in altcoins will bring more profit.
MIZANUR5033

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:06:11 PM

You should use eth to buy alt and I think its very good decision for you. If you are using king coin then its not a good idea for now. In my opinion, rather using eth will give you a good amount which you give you a good return and a good profit for now and king coin should be held for the future.
If you use the king coin then the time came you left nothing in your hand to make the profit so have some patience about this matter and use the others coins and ICOs which you have in your hand and just left the BTC as a treasure.
HaroldConway

Activity: 185

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:29:27 PM

It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

I think this moment it's better for investment for the BTC and the some outcomes which have a very stable price and the potential at this moment. The market value is a very deep. I think when the crypto market increased the value again, it's will bring you a big profit.
baduday1991

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 04:30:45 PM

It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

I think this moment it's better for investment for the BTC and the some outcomes which have a very stable price and the potential at this moment. The market value is a very deep. I think when the crypto market increased the value again, it's will bring you a big profit.
Agree with this one just use BTC to buy some altcoins and if you had ETH in your portfolio just hold on to it because if you are planning for long term here for sure you will make a big profits.

iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:32:55 PM

That doesn't really make any difference. Before it used to be like that BTC has higher fees than ETH. But now ETH fees has come as par to BTC and so does the transaction time. So, decide whether to trade with which coin according to the volume of the coin in ETH or BTC which ever is more. All the DEX have ETH pairs, so you will need ETH in that case. Choose according to the requirement.
MrPiggles

Activity: 980
Merit: 256

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:35:47 PM

These days eth has performed poorly in the market despite its usages in many ico projects but bitcoin is still doing very well even in this bear market.So buying altcoins with btc will give anyone a lot of coins to take home than using eth. Bitcoin is now the way to go. I will rather use bitcoin to trade these days and not eth.
The best option is still Bitcoin because Bitcoin is the king of this market and can decide for the existence of Cryptocurrency. Personally, I only choose BTC to trade and not use ETH because I believe that ETH is just altcoin and is experiencing a lot of issues in recent trading volume.

▄▄████▄
          ██▀▀  ▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
   ██     ███▄▄▄▄██▀     ██
   ██      ▀▀▀██▀▀       ██
  ▄██                    ██▄
  ██▀       ██████       ▀██
  ██        ██  ██        ██
  ██       ███  ███       ██
 ███       ███  ███       ███
 ███       ███  ███       ███
 ██▀       ███  ███       ▀██
▄██        ████████        ██▄
███                        ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀████████████████████████▀

iBid

Decentralized Auctions
on Blockchain
  ▄██

▀██
██████████████████████████████████
▄ ▄▄
██▄▀██▄
████▄▀▀██▄
██████▄ ▀███▄▄
████████▄ ▀███▀ ▄
██████████▄ ▀ ▄████▄
██████████▀ ▄ ▀███▀▀
████████▀ ▄███▄ ▀
██████▀▄████▀▀
████▀▄███▀
██▀▄█▀▀
  ▀▀
GET IN ON
Google Play
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
  ▄██

▀██
█████████████████████████████████
          ▄▄█
         ▄██▀
    ▄▄▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████████████
▄██████████████▀
███████████████
███████████████
▀███████████████▄
 ████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████▀
   ▀████▀▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀

About us
Telegram
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
███████████████    ███████████████
█████████████        █████████████
███████████            ███████████
████████████████  ████████████████
██████████              ██████████
██████████  ████  ████  ██████████
█████████    ██    ██    █████████
█████████    ██    ██    █████████

███ SIGN UP ███
██████████▀▀▀▀████████████████████
██████████▄▄    ▀▀▀███████████████
██████████  ▀▀ ▄▄  ▄██████████████
█████████        ▀████████████████
████████▀        █████████████████
██████▀▀▀▄▄     ██     ▀▀▀████████
██████▄     ▀▀▄▄███▄         ▀████
█████████▄▄▄   ███████▄▄       ███
███████████████████████████▄▄▄████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
███▀             ▀████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████

All auctions start at $0
with no minimum reserve

AN  AUCTION
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:57:54 AM

Any suggestions?

Buy BTC first, it is the main thing. The next you should go for is Ethereum or maybe Ripple (but mainly ETH)… you can even exchange any coin for another with ShapeShift. You can visit ShapeShift.com to exchange one coin to another—for example BTC to ETH or ETH to XRP. Some wallets even have got the ShapeShiftfeature so you can do the swap from there.
suigeneris01

Activity: 264

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 07:15:10 AM

A very tight situation you are but personally if am to advice I will advice you to hold on to your ethereum and BTC because the many ALT coins around now make it difficult for one to know the good ones from the bad ones. So I believe it is better to hold on to the ethereum and BTC that you are sure they are real and not fake rather than investing in what you don't know about. But if you must invest in ALT coin then do well to read about it very well so as to be sure of its authenticity.
BlockchainGod

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:19:34 AM

It seems to me that it is more profitable to sell altcoins for Ethereum, because eth will soon switch to pos mining and due to this its price will shoot.

0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 07:30:46 AM

I believe bitcoin fluctuates less than Eth, so if you're just looking for a coin to trade with alts, it should be BTC. But, I guess you could take a chance with Eth too.

However I find that when Eth fluctuates wildly, the alt eth prices fluctuate wildly too. So there's really no benefit in trying to game the system thinking you can get a better eth price just because you're buying/selling in eth.

I agree with your insights rwgarding some Altcoins depends on how Ethereum fluctuates and the Eth depends on Bitcoin as well and that is what had happened and that is how everything works in this cryptocurrency industry. Though all these things depends on our own preferrences and of course our desire in choosing something that makes us comfortable and safe more importantly in terms of investments.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
V. J. Meyer

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:32:42 AM

Now it is better to buy altcoin for you, but beware of the potential pennies, as there are a lot of poor quality coins and they will always fall down over time.
Augustyusuf

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:34:58 AM

i think using etherium more flexible than bitcoin, cause i see many ico project did mention etherium first then bitcoin for paying methode.

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent
yeahright

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:17:47 AM

The best option is still Bitcoin because Bitcoin is the king of this market and can determine the existence of electronic money. Bitcoin's transaction speed has been greatly improved. The best strategy is to buy some bitcoin and keep it for a long time.
thichtieuthuong

Activity: 310
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:29:06 AM

Any suggestions?

In my opinion when we invest in any ICOS campaign or buy Altcoins we should buy it by ETH. Because of the fast and secure ETH trading and the longer term investment should hold Bitcoin by the value its huge.

Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1303

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:45:49 AM

The best option is still Bitcoin because Bitcoin is the king of this market and can determine the existence of electronic money. Bitcoin's transaction speed has been greatly improved. The best strategy is to buy some bitcoin and keep it for a long time.

I think now is the best time to buy bitcoin, the price is so low, and if it will start to grow,bitcoin is the first who reacts to it. Many alcoins may disappear until the market is in the fall and will never appear again.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:45:44 AM

Bitcoin is better for trading, because it's easy to understand and simpler.
If Ethereum is indeed a lot of Exchanges that accept it, but most people when first learning cryptocurrency is Bitcoin.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:58:49 AM

Any suggestions?

maybe not only you feel confused and afraid to choose cryptocurrency coins to invest, in my opinion your belief and confidence in the coins that you will choose is the capital to choose the coin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Ruby_Official
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:59:40 AM

Any suggestions?

I think in this timing, buying ETH is better than BTC I think for ALTS. BTC is more stable than ETH usually. and the price ETH became already low.
but it is also important to buy decentralized altcoins! Check our whitepapers translated in various languages by Bounty participants!
After checking whitepaper, you would know whether it's proper to invest or not.
https://wiki.ruby-x.io/ruby-document

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: